Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
its like... it was meant to happen....
    #792946 - 08/02/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There I was with one of my buddies standing at the side of a walmart. We were discussing which compost would be best out of the piles. We were hoping for Scotts 3 in 1, but as he asked me which one would be best, there was a bag of Black Forest Mushroom Compost. On the bag it said it was %100 organic, suitable for containers, and improved soil tilch. Immediately I grabbed a bag and checked out. Ill let you guys know how it works out.

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: its like... it was meant to happen.... [Re: LaCasta]
    #792961 - 08/02/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hate to ruin your day.... but Mushroom compost is usually the compost that mushrooms have already been grown on from mushroom farms, so all the nutrients to grow mushrooms have already been used up. You would have been better off to get the 3 in 1.

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Re: its like... it was meant to happen.... [Re: Shdwstr]
    #793142 - 08/02/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

While it did bum me out, thanks for telling me before my friend put 10 spawn bags of millet into it. I have manure compost or composted manure or somethin, that, that would work right??? I guess Im going to search for Scotts 3 in 1 tomorrow again.......

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Offlineindianfarmer
man with cane

Loc: Lost in the dark,Missouri
    #793292 - 08/02/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Mushroom compost is compost mushrooms were grown off of thats why its called mushroom compost. The kinds of soil you want to use are basic, general potting soils that contain no fertilizers or pesticides which are harmful to mycellium/mushrooms. I'm guessing the 3 in 1 has fertilizers it or something. As far as I know Scotts doesn't have a reputation for "organic garden supplies." Its quite the opposite. By the way there's organic and inorganic there is no less than 100% organic thats to make their soil more desirable to coustomers.
It sounds to me like you need to research growing mushrooms more. Also be use caution when reading other people posts on growing the majority of posters here are not expert mycologists you must find a lot of your answers on your own if you can.

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Re: its like... it was meant to happen.... [Re: indianfarmer]
    #793321 - 08/02/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

First of all Scotts 3 in 1 is organic, and if you want to see the results off this store bought compost click here. Im going to be researching mushrooms for a long time

--------------------

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #793682 - 08/03/02 04:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Your compostede manure will work, but if its from a bag of "store bought", I would mix it 50/50 with some pasturized straw. It will give you more substrate and will be easir to colonize.

Enjoy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate