Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
cys planting
    #793279 - 08/02/02 08:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have some cys spores from last fall. Would they grow If I just cut the prints and planted them around seattle? Or would I need to learn more and plant mycellium around? either way is it too late to start for this fall. If I got to planting mycellium can I take handfulls of the stuff and stick it here and there and everywhere or is it alot more delicate and a conditioning and preparation of a hole or bed for them. Also what about the places I scored from last fall that quit producing around Christmas last year. Is the mycellium still in thare just waiting for the right climate to pop back up? So if there is mycellium growing in thare or was, isnt it ok to just stuff the area again with new mycellium if it is rather new mulch? Instead of making a whole new bed for them? Either way last fall was my frist score and the ones I have left over are not as good as they were in late December while they were greenish turquiose color. So I am looking forward to another season I guess It would be kinda nice to have my own patch but it may not be as fun as hunting for them.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Toronto
Re: cys planting [Re: wacked]
    #793530 - 08/03/02 01:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you have time to start up a bed for this year. You need quite a few months for it to become established before the fall. It would probably fruit next fall. If you can find the bed from last year it should still be there growing. It should fruit again this fall. If you could feed it and nurture it along that would be good. Bring it some wood to eat. Try to see what kind it is eating now and bring it more. If you want to start new beds just rip a chunk of mycellium out of the old bed and put it in a new bed. I am trying to establish cyanescens in my garden in Toronto. I am hoping it will be able to survive our cold winters. If it does survive here, I will spread it around in the ravines and the Don Valley. I am not expecting any mushrooms until next fall so this is a long term project, but well worth the time invested. Besides, I am having a lot of fun growing them. Read my grow log, there is a lot of info there.

I've been having psilly dreams lately

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #793690 - 08/03/02 06:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Erm... people that hang around the hunting forum typicaly know more about hunting and identifying mushrooms than growing them. If you want me to move this post to the cultivation forum just let me know and it's done. You'll get better answers over there.

User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #793698 - 08/03/02 06:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Read this.
This is also valid for P. cyanescens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation