Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled
    #7930191 - 01/25/08 02:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Exclusive: After Obama Complaints, CNN Bans James Carville And Paul

Begala From Appearing As Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled

January 24, 2008 -- 7:11 PM EST // //

Okay, this is interesting. I've just learned that CNN has told top Dem strategists James Carville, Paul Begala, and Robert Zimmerman -- who are CNN mainstays but are all Hillary supporters -- that they will not be doing any more political analysis on the network until the Democratic primary has reached a conclusion.

I'm also told that this move came after the Obama campaign repeatedly complained to high level officials at CNN about the presence of Carville and Begala on the network.

After I reached him today and pointed out that he hadn't been on CNN in some time, Carville confirmed to me that the network had told him that he wouldn't appear until the Dem primary is resolved.

Sam Feist, CNN's political director, also confirmed the decision to me. "As we got closer to the voting, we made a decision to make sure that all the analysts that are on are non-aligned," Feist said, adding that the decision had been made around the start of December. "Carville and Begala are two of the best analysts around and we look forward to seeing them on CNN plenty of times in the future, once the nominating process has ended."

Feist pointed out that a few other analysts aligned with campaigns of both parties had been told the same, and added that aligned analysts would only be appearing in contexts where they were acting as campaign surrogates. Carville did appear on Larry King on Jan. 9 as a surrogate.

Carville and Begala's presence on CNN has led to criticism for the network in the past. A few months ago the liberal blogosphere roundly condemned CNN for presenting them as neutral observers without identifying them clearly and frequently as Hillary supporters. In response to the criticism, CNN started identifying them as Hillary backers.

It appears that the Obama campaign may have kept up its criticism of their appearances, however. Asked about the Obama camp's protest, Feist said: "We get advice from all the major campaigns about who should or should not be on CNN. If we listened to all of their advice, then there would be very few commentators left to put on television."

Interestingly, not everyone at CNN appears to agree with this decision. "People inside CNN are surprised," one person involved with CNN programming told me. "No other network buckled to this political pressure. CNN has removed from its lineup top analysts who know about the national political scene." Not an argument that will find much sympathy in the lib blogosphere, perhaps, but worth noting.

Carville confirmed that the network had told him that he wouldn't appear until the Dem primary is resolved and then CNN will revert to being a 24/7 unpaid political commercial for the democrats....

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/horsesmouth/2008/01/cnn_says_no_mor.php

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7934028 - 01/26/08 08:53 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7934224 - 01/26/08 10:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Although they apparently had to be dragged kicking and screaming to it, CNN has done the right thing. They will, of course, be right back on the air shilling for Hillary after the primaries. In this case, the appearance of propriety will be something they can point to when they go back to being the Clinton News Network. They will somehow try to make us believe that because they refrained from shilling in a lopsided contest they couldn't possibly be doing it in a tight contest against the Evil Empire.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7934728 - 01/26/08 12:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

CNN has actually been very progressive in being receptive to a new audience that is favoring objectivity and honest reporting. Ron Paul supporters in particular have been very adamant about calling the mainstream media on their frequent, often deliberate omissions and misinformation, and CNN has even made a direct appeal to the supporters on the air that they are being fair.

Anyways, its ridiculuous anyways because we are all fully aware that it is Fox News that is pushing for Hillary Clinton. Rupert Murdoch certainly sent her his maximum campaign donation. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7934808 - 01/26/08 12:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
CNN has actually been very progressive in being receptive to a new audience that is favoring objectivity and honest reporting.

:rofl2:
Quote:

Ron Paul supporters in particular have been very adamant about calling the mainstream media on their frequent, often deliberate omissions and misinformation, and CNN has even made a direct appeal to the supporters on the air that they are being fair.

Whatever that means, it really was indecipherable.  When oh when will we be released from the endless Paulnuts who so desperately blame a media conspiracy when their lunatic is ignored by voters.  Paulie's got money, spend it.
Quote:

Anyways, its ridiculuous anyways because we are all fully aware that it is Fox News that is pushing for Hillary Clinton. Rupert Murdoch certainly sent her his maximum campaign donation. :smirk:

Since you seem incapable, I will explain.  CNN political analysts are supposed to be impartial journalists.  The aforementioned trio is anything but.  However, Chris Matthews and other commentators are not held to that standard.  It is completely appropriate for Matthews, O'Reill, Olberman to be partisan.  They are paid to express their preferences.  Analysts are expected to present a dispassionate analysis.  This is the difference between the news pages and the editorial page.  An important distinction lest you should, through some hideous misfortune, find yourself reading the NY Times.  The bulk of the paper is expected to report facts.  They limit themselves to varying degrees to doing just that.  The Editorial page, on the other hand, has no such constraint, either actual or expected.  Dichotomy 101:  News vs Editorial.  Not the same thing.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7935826 - 01/26/08 03:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> CNN has actually been very progressive in being receptive to a new audience that is favoring objectivity and honest reporting.

Or not. Try a little experiment. Watch the main picture on cnn.com as it changes over the day. Take notice whenever it shows a politician. Pay close attention to the expression on their face. Look for a trend and it will quickly become obvious which individual CNN is pulling for. I'm fairly confident that this isn't my imagination.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: Seuss]
    #7935860 - 01/26/08 03:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Seuss, my friend, why do you keep using this quote style? It makes it look like I said that. As much as many of you may disagree with me you can at least count on me to write coherent sentences. Almost all of the time. Sometimes I get a little tipsy.

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Obama Complaints, CNN Bans Analysts Until Dem Primary Is Settled [Re: Seuss]
    #7935935 - 01/26/08 04:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

haha, I think you might be going insane. Although I'll keep a lookout, however I am also a bit insane

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7936711 - 01/26/08 06:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> Seuss, my friend, why do you keep using this quote style?

Strange... I thought I had replied to fireworks_god... I must have selected your post by mistake. Regardless, my reply was meant for fireworks_god, not you.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale