Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShaw

PF (amazonian) strain degeneration? last few yrs?
    #791336 - 08/01/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I used the PF strain when i started close to 2 yrs ago. It fruited awsome and i had no problems. I also ordered some of their albino's that were also awsome, and just plain cool. I then read on their website that they quit selling for a while because of the degeneration of the pf strain due to the arival of the albino's.

I got another PF syringe after some contam problems with my old cultures, because i liked the strain. Now I am having considerable trouble fruiting them off grain. Did pf restart with a different culture, or has the PF (amazonian) degenerated again? any help from someone using the current pf strain is appreciated.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: PF (amazonian) strain degeneration? last few yrs? [Re: Shaw]
    #791426 - 08/01/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i can't speak for myself, but my neighbor's cat,"pudetat", has been known to cultivate the house strain for years now.

she says that there are no real differances. the house strain, is what generally would be regarded as a genetic throw-back, like a three eyed fish. the fact that it gave rise to mutants is evidence of this, and the loss of viability also supports this. so don't expect too much from them. the biggest advantage of the PF house strain, is that they are particularly hardy and forgiving for begginners. once you get better at growing however, one finds the house variety to be rather unimpressive, and frustrating to pick the innumerable aborts.

my neighbor's cat only uses them for referance or as a control for experiments. she also uses them for experiments when she is trying to figure out what is wrong with her work, since the PF strain is so forgiving. it allows her to have a standard for an expected outcome. if results don't measure up, then it points to something wrong.

when she is trying to get me to supply her with opended cans of tuna, however, she uses other varieties. so if you are having problems with PF house variety, then i suggest that maybe your proceedure may have strayed too far from the published proceedure PF puts out. maybe you should go to FANATICUS.com and review the proceedure, and check it against your own.

don't get me wrong both I and pudetat have proceedures that are a long way from the PF tek, but every once in a while we find ourselves comparing currant results with the known standard.

Edited by tchyted (08/01/02 07:10 PM)

InvisibleShaw

Re: PF (amazonian) strain degeneration? last few yrs? [Re: tchyted]
    #792615 - 08/02/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. I do work with other strains, but i am using a substrait not commonly used on pf. I guess i remembered it as being so spectacular at the time, it dosn't live up now. I'm going to clean an Equidor print, and see how that does on some dung.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder