Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
reasons for using mushrooms
    #7924091 - 01/24/08 12:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i'd like to hear some of your reasons for eating mushrooms,
other than the stereotypical "spiritual" use and the simple-minded party-whoa-look-at-the-cool-visuals use
i don't like to hear answers like "to find out more about myself"
i'd like to hear more detailed descriptions, like WHAT you found out about yourself

i'm also interested in theories, thoughts and concepts you came up with on mushrooms or inspired through mushroom use
and i'm talking about a bit more "realistic" (i know, that there is no universally valid reality, but i guess you know what i mean) ideas, stuff that you can integrate into and apply to your daily life
stuff, that still makes sense after the trip
stuff, that you can, granted that you find the right words, explain to other people
not like meeting entities from other worlds, that stuff may be beneficial for yourself, but not for anyone else

i'm also interested in the way your social behaviour may have been improved or changed through mushrooms use

any inputs?

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSra_sephiroth0
Malicious Puppet's clone
 User Gallery

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: epilectric]
    #7924106 - 01/24/08 12:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

my reason when i first did i was depressed i did alot of drugs wanted change and i decide if im willing to die why not and then bam it took me on a path and i rediscovered myself in many ways

--------------------
"You all are just puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: Sra_sephiroth0]
    #7924115 - 01/24/08 12:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sra_sephiroth0 said:
and then bam it took me on a path and i rediscovered myself in many ways

i know, it's hard to describe, but can you try to explain that part a little bit?

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

OfflineSeansquatch
Stranger
Male

#7924166 - 01/24/08 01:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ill give it a shot i love the visauls thats what made me want to do them in the first place. But i like being able to look at how i live my life with out my ego obscureing my thoughts and if im not acting like who i am mushrooms help me relize and change that. It like alow me to see the faults in myself that im to head strong to think about and change them so i can be who i want to be. I also love the release the feeling of not careing and just being happy with what ever.

--------------------
Giant Getto Smirf!

Edited by Seansquatch (01/24/08 01:05 PM)

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

#7924173 - 01/24/08 01:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Well, my reasons are all what u said u don't wanna hear! i can explain a little more about them though perhaps...

I re-discovered my spiritual side, and more specifically (this is regarding dmt however) was shown the interconnection of everything around us as all part of a singularity. More or less, that the reality we see around us is no more than what our limited vision and brain tells us is there. This made me realize that our existence is only viewed through one particular dimension, and that we live in a multi-layered dimensional universe if u will. The spiritual side about this comes from everytime i medicate myself, i "feel" a greater power (or greater powers) keeping things in check. this i can't really explain, except that i feel almost certainly that "it" is there.

as you stated, this isn't helping you understand what i've learned. what it taught me was that our daily existence has strayed from what our original intent on living was--which i believe was to experience this transitional period in our life, learn more about our spirit. it was NOT intended to be a consumerist, materialistic system--that i can be sure of. to me. in my head.

yay?:awesome:

OfflineSra_sephiroth0
Malicious Puppet's clone
 User Gallery

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: eggystardust]
    #7924181 - 01/24/08 01:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah from there i pickedup other things remembered why i was alive then became a healer and teacher. and thats where i sit now

--------------------
"You all are just puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #7924209 - 01/24/08 01:15 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

expanded awareness of self and consciousness and energy and whatnot.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: deranger]
    #7924272 - 01/24/08 01:34 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Well for me it has helped me overcome my anxiety and depression. They are both still prevalent in my life, but I have since been much more able to deal with it than I ever have before and I attribute a large part of this to my use of mushrooms.

I honestly can only vaguely remember how this has come about, and I have lately been more depressed than usual, I'm sure this has something to do with why I have been more depressed lately as well. All the same though I have been much better than I have in the past; before I would be deeply depressed for months at a time, and now it rarely will last but a few days at a time before I'm able to pull myself out of it.

I'll try and see if I can touch on what exactly mushrooms have taught me, but sorry if it's going to be vague, and I haven't even begun to fully understand everything either.

I think for one a lot had to do with when I would trip I would just have no social anxiety during the trip. I still of course would experience quite a bit of come up anxiety and general anxiety that mushrooms have caused, but I also suspect that in learning to deal with that it has helped with me deal with general anxiety in my life as well.

Normally when I trip I just don't care for material possessions or money, or anything of that nature. This can sometimes be a problem as I'll have a tendency to just give shit away that I may later regret, but I normally can't really even grasp the concept of 'owning' something while on a trip. It doesn't 'belong' to anyone, everything just exists, it just happens to be in my possession. While that thought may be somewhat convoluted (it makes much more sense when I'm tripping) it has led me to be much less selfish and not put so much value in material possessions and I'm much more happy with what I have. It's also made me just much more open to people, as I'm always willing to share how I feel and my thoughts with my friends during the trip as well.

Sorry if I couldn't explain my reasoning better, but hopefully what I have said has been helpful. I'll try and add more later if it comes to me.

Offlinenepalnt21
12tnlapen
Male

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: krypto2000]
    #7924298 - 01/24/08 01:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

ta git fucked up. really, i dont have any idea why certain people i have met use mushrooms. i think they were just curious about them because they tried acid, and then decided they like them. i also feel like they feel like they are finding things out that they shouldnt find out, and that makes them happy.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: nepalnt21]
    #7924458 - 01/24/08 02:35 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I, too, didn't see the importance of them before I blew my solidified conditioned mind to pieces.

OfflineDrOfRock
Psychonaut

Loc: Flag
    #7924462 - 01/24/08 02:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just really want to try something different and intriguing. I am not taking shrooms to get fucked up or anything, I just want to discover something unfamiliar.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: reasons for using mushrooms *DELETED* [Re: DrOfRock]
    #7928842 - 01/25/08 08:16 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (01/25/08 08:19 AM)

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: Chronic7]
    #7928874 - 01/25/08 08:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i always liked them because it was a system reboot if you will... like i had gone on a long journey and dicovered myself along the way

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #7928986 - 01/25/08 09:15 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

shrooms are like traveling without ever leaving your backyard. The visuals are a big influence on me. With out fail I will always at sometime in a trip step back and marvel at the geometrical patterns the mind is capable of.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#7929139 - 01/25/08 10:07 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms revealed the long history of the occult to me that is prevalent in modern society.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: backfromthedead]
    #7929147 - 01/25/08 10:10 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
shrooms are like traveling without ever leaving your backyard. The visuals are a big influence on me. With out fail I will always at sometime in a trip step back and marvel at the geometrical patterns the mind is capable of.

Thats a good way and is how i like to see visuals, (no pun intended) - as the mind showing you all the patterns the humans can see, and some that it cant usually see, like those mosiaac patterns which are mindblowing (i usually only get them when smoking passion flower on shroomz, and theyre open eye visuals, like CEV's but with eyes open)

--------------------

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#7929193 - 01/25/08 10:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious to see what appears in my mind. I want to find out more about my imagination. What appears to my mind is interesting because it often says more about what i believe or want to believe. Thoughts and wishes that are present in my mind without me knowing it become overwhelmingly clear. I know, these thoughts and hopes are always there, but they never appear as vivid as by the use of shrooms.

So i eat shrooms to investigate my mind.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: Ahimsa]
    #7929260 - 01/25/08 10:50 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

to trip out

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
    #7929438 - 01/25/08 12:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

chronic777 said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

Thats a good way and is how i like to see visuals, (no pun intended) - as the mind showing you all the patterns the humans can see, and some that it cant usually see, like those mosiaac patterns which are mindblowing (i usually only get them when smoking passion flower on shroomz, and theyre open eye visuals, like CEV's but with eyes open)

I get those too. Was wild as hell.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: THEBats]
    #7929444 - 01/25/08 12:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Your avatar is freaking me out man, i always was scared of that bear, rainbow or something?

--------------------

Offlinedeadatdusk
Stranger
Male
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
    #7930047 - 01/25/08 02:15 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Personal Growth.

I'm not sure that's what you're wanting to hear, but I'll give my shot at this. Psilocybin helped me forgive a lot of people who I'd been holding negative feelings against. Coming up on your trip, you have to learn the concept of "letting go", being willing to lose control and to suspend your normal ego processes for a short amount of time. I believe this same sort of "letting go" one experiences on the come up of a mushroom trip, must be practiced in other areas of life in order to live healthily and happily. My trip experiences forced me to accept the consequences of the psychedelic experience, and understand that I would lose control over my normal thought processes. The intensity of my experiences and my practice in "letting go" of my judgments and suspending them to delve into the psychedelic mind frame has allowed me to see how many insignificant things in my life I have yet to "let go" of. It has helped me in learning to forgive others who've hurt me in my past. I could go on, but that is just one aspect of how mushrooms have helped me become a better person. I think many people can use a psychedelic and just dismiss the effects saying, "oh it's just a drug". I think, it's what you do AFTER the trip that counts. If you go into it with a positive attitude and respect these substances as tools and are willing to learn then you can take something from it. Then it's all about applying your new perspectives in ways that better yourself.

InvisibleZen Lunatic
Puppet

#7930876 - 01/25/08 04:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Wow..like asking a drinkier why they started drinking, or what being drunk is like...

I started doing psychedelics to get high. It sounded like fun, it was there.

What i found was that I, as well as many others exist only as shadows and impressions of ourselves. We are what we make ourselves out to be. I was once a macho high school goon. Pshychedelics (it was acid really, but shrooms helped) made me see myself as 3 minds. One a macho jackoff, one the guy who needed to be a macho jackoff, and a third that knew everything was fine no matter what. I chose the third. I learned to enjoy the company of people, wehre before it almost offended me, I cared about others, I was sympathetic, I felt and understood, not just acted.

Things I came up with... There is no past or future. We all exist in a permanently changing Now. Unenlightened define themselves in the past or present, we all have. "Well, This is what happened to me" assuming some sort of past trials, and then defining ourselves, making a self out of those experiences, or "Someday I'm gonna..." Once I finish school, once I get married, once the kids are grown. Whatever. Now....what are you doing now, and is it what you like? If not....do something else! Walk away from school, job, or anything else. You'll survive, I promise you. I've lost my train of thought an will humbly end post and hope I helped.. =)

InvisibleApacheShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: reasons for using mushrooms [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #7931024 - 01/25/08 05:25 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

preschooler said:
i always liked them because it was a system reboot if you will... like i had gone on a long journey and discovered myself along the way

this guy took the words out of my mouth. i do it because i have a good time doing it but i do it again because of what the after effects are. after i eat these glorious mushrooms i feel rejuvenated. like a snake that just shed its old torn up skin.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom