Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekody260z
Stranger

product of our experiences
    #7919081 - 01/23/08 08:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You know the phrase, "You are a product of your experiences." I find this to be quite true. Does this mean that the more crazy, ridiculous (psychedelic) experiences one has, the more crazy and ridiculous the persons becomes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: product of our experiences [Re: kody260z]
    #7919114 - 01/23/08 08:33 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Not necessarily. It depends on how you react to the experience. Some people would react negatively to a bad psychedelic experience, and thus exhibit a negative change in behavior. But I know for myself, I've had some frightening experiences, and overall, I feel that I've walked out unscathed. I could have reacted poorly, but I definitely feel that such bad situations have made me a better person.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: product of our experiences [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #7919154 - 01/23/08 08:50 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

What of the phrase "Your experiences are the product of you"? The fact is, it is a direct interaction between the two. The environment might be one step ahead, since we exist within the environment, as the environment, yet existence is like a conscious relationship. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: product of our experiences [Re: kody260z]
    #7919204 - 01/23/08 09:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kody260z said:
You know the phrase, "You are a product of your experiences." I find this to be quite true. Does this mean that the more crazy, ridiculous (psychedelic) experiences one has, the more crazy and ridiculous the persons becomes?

The way you label the experience is going to have a large impact on the way you interpret the experience.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Offlinenmajon
PC (PlayerCharacter)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Part's Unknown, Connectic...
Re: product of our experiences [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7919278 - 01/23/08 10:06 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Why do i feel death is all around us and there's little we can do? I used to be optimistic, used to REALLY want good things to happen to good people. As I grow older I find less and less good people and discover a lot of damaged goods that settle for good enough. Is there a way to see this differently through explaination? I'd love to have faith in others, the love I used to have and share, but are the good times behind us? It seems that even while I write this my mind glances over what is "bad" and hungers for more "good truth". Can anyone help me?

--------------------
NO STUCK UP DRUG GURU'S PLEASE!

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: product of our experiences [Re: nmajon]
    #7919288 - 01/23/08 10:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nmajon said:
Why do i feel death is all around us and there's little we can do? I used to be optimistic, used to REALLY want good things to happen to good people. As I grow older I find less and less good people and discover a lot of damaged goods that settle for good enough. Is there a way to see this differently through explaination? I'd love to have faith in others, the love I used to have and share, but are the good times behind us? It seems that even while I write this my mind glances over what is "bad" and hungers for more "good truth". Can anyone help me?

What you say is the reality of the situation. It seems the problem that you face (and as do I) is that we project our expectations and high standards on others. Then they don't live up to them, and we dislike it. I don't consider the standards high. I think it's normal for others to love and respect one another. But not eveyone is capable of meeting these expectations because they are still ruled by needs for survival, power, and sex.

I try to surround myself with like-minded people, be understanding when others dissapoint me, understand why I'm dissapointed, etc. These self-observations reflect changes in explanation and labeling. I hope that deals with your question.

External and Internal reality don't have to match. But cognitive dissonance does occur when you begin to wish for them to match. Have an imagination. Read fun books. Watch happy movies. Surround yourself with good people. Expect to interact with people who feed themselves pain.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Offlinenmajon
PC (PlayerCharacter)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Part's Unknown, Connectic...
Re: product of our experiences [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7919320 - 01/23/08 10:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for that, sometimes, I suppose, all of us forget where that marker we set for ourselves to swim to is in the pool of life. Unfortunately, sometimes the people we have watching us so we don't drown have no arms to pull us out of the water and no ears to here us cry for help. But they definitely have mouths to voice there opinions on what to do. I'm sorry to use imagery for an explanation, but the point is still there. I feel the standards I've set for myself are too high for some to reach, but at times I see that others are both high and low and that they're hypocrisy will be the end of them. I want to take a stand and say I won't go backwards anymore. That I'm sick of compromising to people who don't give a rats ass when they should. Is there a way to weed out the undesirables with out hurting myself? I've pushed through on MANY occasions to have people that don't want to think get out of my life. I can only hope that they've learned from my and I them.

--------------------
NO STUCK UP DRUG GURU'S PLEASE!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds