Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor?
    #7903271 - 01/19/08 08:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Here is my situation... I have a Macbook Pro with a 15 inch display. I make music, watch DVD's, and play games on the 15 inch display. All of this would be more fun/easy with two monitors with the 2nd one being much larger than 15 inch.

My previous thoughts have been to get a 24" monitor with a couple steps up in resolution. Right now my 15" gets 1440x900. It looks pretty good on this size. But I don't really have a frame of reference. How big of a screen could you have and keep that resolution and still have it look good? (that was a tangent, but I'd appreciate opinions). I was thinking about a 24" 1920x1200. Is that resolution overkill for a 24 inch screen? I know there is a major price jump from 22" to 24" and that 22" is the best deal now. I could go with that as a 2nd monitor but it really doesn't do it for me as a TV.

So that leaves option two about the LCD TV's. Can anyone teach me about the availability, etc of this setup? Could I get a larger screen size and resolution on TV for a better deal than a computer monitor? Would would be the best deal concerning quality and cost? I've heard of wireless adapters too.

Basically, I have been thinking about this, and that's about it. This is my second or third attempt at research and learning. If you guys can school me with all you think I need to know, that'd be amazing and I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7903291 - 01/19/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

just get a big flatscreen..

i got a 32" samsung and the computer looks/works awesome on it.. gaming on it is badass.. especially with the wireless 360 controller and emulators :laugh:

it all depends how much you want to spend and how big of a monitor you want.. i can only recommend samsung because they have awesome products as far as t.v's go.  sharp is really the only thing better, but they are so expensive.

make sure you find something with a dvi/hdmi or vga input.. which is pretty standard on the new ones.

any more questions just ask.. i'll be for a lil while

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor? [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7903658 - 01/19/08 09:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

How is the resolution overall on your 32 inch, using it for computer mainly?

How do web pages look? Is the text still easy to read or do you have to sit closer? And what would your opinion be on the ability to do photoshop and products like it?

I ask because I'm thinking of going this direction and turning my PC into a my home theater. Thinking of the 32 inch Sharp Aquos but I need to know if it would work well enough to be a monitor I could use for multimedia editing...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7904666 - 01/20/08 03:29 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> All of this would be more fun/easy with two monitors with the 2nd one being much larger than 15 inch.

For years I used a ViewSonic P815 21" monitor. When it finally blew, I got an Acer 24" LCD and couldn't be more happy. (Well, I suppose I could if I had two of them and dual headed...)

> My previous thoughts have been to get a 24" monitor with a couple steps up in resolution. Right now my 15" gets 1440x900.

I'm running 1920x1200 24-bit. Wide enough to open two browser windows side by side with no overlap. I'm no a Mac right now and everything looks very nice at this resolution. No difficult to read icons, no 2-point fonts, etc.

> So that leaves option two about the LCD TV's.

Other than avoid plasma due to burned pixel issues, I can't help much here. I've never used an LCD TV. However, for work, I don't know that I would go much above 24". I'm used to it now, but for the first few weeks it was almost too big.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor? [Re: Seuss]
    #7907221 - 01/20/08 08:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

sharp is a great brand but very $$$ and not really necessary if you dont need all the bonus features..

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT3253H-32-LCD-HDTV/dp/B000N50S3Q/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200886081&sr=8-1

that's my t.v.

makes computer look awesome.. the text can be hard to read, but you can always increase the text size..

i dont use it as my main monitor screen since i have to write a bunch of papers for school and it's difficult to focus on writing papers while sitting on the couch.. but that's just me.. i just move my pc in there whenever i want to watch a movie.. really easy process since i leave monitor, ethernet, and sound cables out there so all i move is my power cable.

the resolution is magnificent.. looks better than my monitor and displays images how they should be displayed.. in widescreen.  plus, you can download hd movies and experience them how they are supposed to be experienced.  planet earth is so freaking sweet.. and it's so much cheaper than buying the player and the hd dvd's or blu ray.

i've done lots of photoshopping on it and it is fine, but text-based things such as writing papers is hard.. you would have to move closer to the screen.. i'm usually sitting like 10 feet back on the couch (my eyes are pretty good though)

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Want 2nd monitor, options: LCD TV or Monitor? [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7907432 - 01/20/08 09:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

getting a second bigger monitor is a great idea. i got a 52" hd big screen and couldn't be more satisfied. you get twice the screen size of an lcd for the same price and the picture quality is actually pretty good. the best part is it is also an hdtv so it is a win win situation. i also found it to be a good idea to tie my computer in w/ my surround sound. happy shopping.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale