Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Todays stupid question.
    #790710 - 08/01/02 12:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What I would like to know is, if you take a piece of mushroom mash it up and put it in sterile water then inject it into cakes the way you would spores, will that work. I know it's probably a stupid question but I've read info that said you can, and I've read info that said that you can't, so I'm coming to you. It would seem a newbie (me) would have a easier time keeping their garden constantly going like this rather than taking spores.

"To hell with Opportunity, I create Opportunity" ---- Bruce Lee

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBandit
Cultivator
Re: Todays stupid question. [Re: Magash]
    #790717 - 08/01/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I dont have an answer for you but taking spores is easy. Im also a newbie and I was able to easily take a spore print and follow through with syringe and innoculation very easily by just following the FAQ. ahhh the great FAQ.

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #790732 - 08/01/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

the answer to your question is yes. what you are doing is a type of cloning. you can also take a piece of mycelium ( why not choose the ryzomorphic strainds) and do the same. you will find colonization is very quick at the onset. enjoy.

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #790740 - 08/01/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, it is possible to do this. It is not, however, easier than working with spores. You will run into a multitude of problems with this kind of thing unless you are very good with your sterile technique. If no contams arise, you will still run into strain degeneration.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Todays stupid question. [Re: cantankerous]
    #790748 - 08/01/02 12:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yes fanatek is right, by selectively cloning a piece of shroom you are in effect isolating certain characteristics which can lead to loss of vigor after several generations. so if you attempt to do this i suggest cloning for only one or two generations and then go back to a parent to innoculate using multispore techniques, i.e. dont take spores from clones.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Todays stupid question. [Re: cantankerous]
    #790805 - 08/01/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I wasn't trying to get out of work or anything. The reason I asked is I have another habbet that causes me to garden a certain herbal substance. When you hit a strain that you like you take clones, cuttings ,or whatever you like to call them and you can keep it going for years.
I hoping that say I had a certain cake that just had some mushrooms on it that started fast, fruited easly, or were extra potent for some reason, that I could keep those trates going. Oh Well. I'll do it the right way and do spores.
Thanks.

Overgrow= Overthrow do your part ! ! !

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #790817 - 08/01/02 01:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Don't get me wrong dude, cloning and strain isolation has its own definite rewards. All I'm saying is that cloning mycelium is considerably more difficult and failure-prone than cloning a plant (of some unnamed variety. Hehe), especially for someone who's just starting.

But, the way we learn is to try! Buy some agar and some Malt Dextrose (or Potato dextrose, or some other kind of nutrient), pick up a copy of The Mushroom Cultivator and Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms, and give it a shot! The worst thing that can happen is you end up growing a bunch of brightly-colored contaminants.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Magash]
    #790823 - 08/01/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Todays stupid question. [Re: Macey Howard]
    #790828 - 08/01/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've been missing your humor Moe! Thanks!!

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
MOE! [Re: Macey Howard]
    #790903 - 08/01/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Moe just seems to pop up, crack a joke, sometimes imparts his great wisdom on us, or else we laugh at the stupid stuff he admits to (PC jars in fridge) or be in awe of his crazy (and often very useful) experiments. Let us bask in the glory that is Moe.

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #790904 - 08/01/02 02:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yea it works. I am in the process of cloning a shroom I got from the wild. Use the blender tek and you should be fine.

Hey beatle, how come dont take spores from a cloned mushroom?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Todays stupid question. [Re: Macey Howard]
    #791351 - 08/01/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, stupid question but i'm a learnan stuff.
I inject my first jars this weekend I'll let you all know what happens.
Moe thanks for the blender tek local, I think I'll try to get the spore thing down then give the blender tek a try.

California the land of false tits and injected lips.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder