Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

lid and glue trouble
    #7906320 - 01/20/08 06:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well, last night i went to the depot to get a couple things... well, i was looking in the screw section, and there is that one spot where they have a bunch of drawers you pull out and has like specialty parts like rubber stoppers, ect.. ect.. \

well, while i was looking in there i was looking to see if i could see something that would be useful in making a lid. i found something and i just put it together and i think it will work great.

in the section i mentioned there is one drawer that has screw caps in... they look like buttons except there plastic and what it does is has a cover and a base with a predrilled hole in it so you put the screw through the hole in the base and screw into whatever.. then you close the cap over the screw head to hide it..

well, i have some plastic mason jar lids i drilled a small hole close to the one that is predrilled on the screw cover. so i took some good clue its the stuff that comes in a syringe with two different chemicals you mix together... well, i used that stuff to attach my screw cover thing. after i fastened it i waited till this morning and i thought i could use it but not sure how long of a wait on the cure any ideas???

i boiled all the tools i will be using today for a half hour and then i added that water into a half pint mason jar i will be using for my lc. but the thing is i decided to put the lid on while the water was still steaming so after a couple minutes on i checked the cap i glued on and it seemed like it became loose not sure if it did.. should i wait another day or two for complete dry?
just worried about when i pc... i dont wanna get that far and that be the problem and sets me back again...

it seems like it will work great.. this way all i have to do is wipe my hands down with some lysol and pop the cap open inoculate and close cap .. when ready to take mycelium out open the cap and extract and then close cap back..

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: lid and glue trouble [Re: tony8404]
    #7906334 - 01/20/08 06:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

see what the rating is on the epoxy you used. pressure cooking can take you up to temps of 250 f. if in doubt, start over with a silicone based epoxy. most will survive the temps.

post a pic when you get the chance.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: lid and glue trouble [Re: Crasher]
    #7906473 - 01/20/08 07:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

man i just checked the label and it says nothing about temps or if it is pc able ... it is ace hardware plastic repair epoxy...says cure in 24hrs thats it.. i tried searching and on there website as well... i think it will hold though.. i will have to wait till tommorrow though...

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: lid and glue trouble [Re: tony8404]
    #7906497 - 01/20/08 07:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

100% silicone is cheep and easy to find use that.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation