Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSamurai_Jim
Samurai Emperor.
Male

Loc: Near the Tail of the Drag...
Growing room and what I'm growing.
    #7905501 - 01/20/08 11:52 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Well, this is what I have, I
live in a duplex that I own, the garage used to have stair access to the upper
level, but we closed it off and made a closet out of the hallway upstairs. So,
now I am left with a 10 x 5 ft space where the stairs used to be. I have been
preparing the space for the grow room.

I used the expanding foam to fill some pretty big cracks that would let a bad,
cold draft in. I am going to cover the walls in 3m clear plastic, as well as the
ceiling. I plan on using a hepa filter inside the room, as well as a hepa filter
box for my air pumps. It is a tight space, but I plan on doing everything in the
room, at least it will be as controlled as I can make it.

A question, I was going to get a couple bottles of Lysol and spray the entire
room down before I covered in plastic. Any advice for getting the room as clean
as I can? THere is of course some mold issues on walls near the far side of the
garage, due to water seapage when it rains. This room has a door and I keep a heater in there all the time. I plan on
hanging plastic over the door space as well, overlapped so that it won't blow
open when I go in. I also made my own Myco101 Complete automated setup. Timers,
humidifiers, FC's. And when the door is closed it is TOTALLY dark in the room. It stays about a constant 78 degrees with the heater that I have in there. I also have a descent size hepa filter that I will leave on in the room.

I also bought several spore types. Cambodian, Pan Cyan - Ban Saket, Texas, Stropharia, Gulf Coast and Creeper are my choices. I know the cyans require a differant growing atmosphere that cubes, but I am willing to be pitient.

Any good input/advice would be appriciated.

--------------------
Decreasing the world's bug population, one faceshield at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSamurai_Jim
Samurai Emperor.
Male

Re: Growing room and what I'm growing. [Re: Samurai_Jim]
    #7905504 - 01/20/08 11:53 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

FOrgot to mention that I have 50 lbs of Rye berries, 1 lb of agar, malt, yeast, free access to as much old horse poo as I want (my brother owns a stable), and a few other goodies.

--------------------

Offlinedeucydoo
Endless Tinkerer
Male

#7905552 - 01/20/08 12:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you may have done a little bit of over kill on your set up. at one time i attempted to create a fungi "room" i have found that it is pretty difficult to maintain the correct levels of humidity in an area that large with proper air exchange. it is nice to have a clean area to work in and create smaller areas(i.e. tubs)to maintain the proper growing environment. it can be much more cost effective and easier to conceal. tubs can be made to look just like, well tubs and no one is the wiser. it would make it look like you were just using the area for additional storage. 78 is a little bit warm. 65-70 has shown some pretty good results. best of luck, make sure you get the rye done right,  start small and have patience. heres a heads up for you, if you want a bunch of mushies (any variety :smile: ) rye is great, boil it for 20 min, rinse and drain for an hr or two, PC for an hour or 2, get some choir and verm. its not casing, it more of a bulk spawn, its simple and easy with good encouraging results. then start to experiment as you gain some experience. later

--------------------
I have been there and back, although it was somthing i had to do i dont recomend it for others, at least not with my travel agent.

OfflineSamurai_Jim
Samurai Emperor.
Male

Re: Growing room and what I'm growing. [Re: deucydoo]
    #7905570 - 01/20/08 12:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Don't get me wrong here. I plan on growing in tubs. I can adjust the level of temp and I have several types of humidifiers, from types that go into terrariums to cool mist and ultrasonic. I used to have quite a collection of exotic frogs and lizards. I still have all of my material from that experience. I used to grow orchids as well.......

--------------------

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
    #7905669 - 01/20/08 12:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

ok my suggestion is don't use tubs. buy the 4 teir greenhouses that sell for under 30 dollars shipped on ebay. you can run 4(possibly more) of those easily in that space and still have room for more lab workspace type stuff. then a nice shelf to hold all of your collonizing spawn. and a table with a flowhood would be nice to do your work on, but if budget is a concern then a glovebox would suffice. consider that you'd be having 4 green houses with 4 teirs and say 2 trays that take at least 5 quarts of spawn. so you're going to have to process 160 quarts of spawn to make this run at full steam. an aa 42q pc does like 18 quart jars I think. so you can get that done in. 9 runs. running a room like that is a lot of work. I rarely use more than a single shelf on greenhouse.

--------------------

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

Re: Growing room and what I'm growing. [Re: xhooliganx]
    #7905860 - 01/20/08 01:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I consider bleach and soap better for cleaning than lysol.

OfflineSamurai_Jim
Samurai Emperor.
Male

Re: Growing room and what I'm growing. [Re: xhooliganx]
    #7906067 - 01/20/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xhooliganx said:
buy the 4 teir greenhouses

Already got one from when I grew orchids!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale