Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinems5712
a little description of my grow. (new?)
    #790549 - 08/01/02 12:55 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

hello im in the process of my first grow. im using equador and treasure coast spores from syringe. i tried going two ways with them. i used 8 myco bags and a dozen 1/2 pint jars using pf tek. well the myco bags all failed, i mean nothing at all. i had started w/ just myco bags and when nothing was happening i decided to go the pf tek route. this was the right thing to do cause within a week i had growth in the jars. it took about three weeks to fully colonize. out of twelve i got 8 quality jars. i have had four them in a fruiting chamber for a week and a half and when i checked them last night they had a shit load of little shrooms growing from the very bottom of the cakes(which are sitting directly on moist perlite). the chamber has clear sides but a colored top(tupperware type). it seems the shorooms which have grown considerably in 24 hrs are growing outward instead of upward.so here are a few ?'s for you guys if you would.
1. is it ok for the shrooms to touch the sides of the chamber?
2. how long approx. should the first flush take to grow mature?
3. there is no growth on the top portion of the cake.why?
4. should i "dunk" the cakes for the second flush? if so any links to proper tek?
5. would airdrying using a fan with shrooms on a screen be good enough or should i go get damprid and do it that way? if using damprid any good links?
6.how long do YOU wait before determining something an abort (ie: once it stops growth how long should i wait?)

thank you in advance for your time and knowledge. simple answers or direction is great. i have read the faqs over and over but i would like some advice from forum browsers.

Edited by ms5712 (08/01/02 02:50 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinems5712
Re: a little descriptionof my grow. comments please. [Re: ms5712]
    #790558 - 08/01/02 01:00 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

oh yeah here is a couple others details. they showed no sign of pinning before growth. they are growing mycellum outwards at the bottom of cakes. and i was thinking of taking of top and using saran wrap over the top so light shines in. i give them a couple hours of indirect light a day
thank again

OfflineBandit
Cultivator
    #790566 - 08/01/02 01:05 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Im in no way an expert as you can see by how long ive been here but by reading alot here at the shroomery and on these boards I think i can answer a few of your questions.

3) Since your cakes are on the perlite that is where all the moisture is ( on the bottom of the cake) so thats why u see the most growth there.

4) You should dunk them..... dunk tek

5) Air drying or using a dehydrator for the first 24 hours and then using a decisent(sp?) like damprid until cracker dry is best.

Edited by Bandit (08/01/02 01:06 PM)

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #790649 - 08/01/02 01:53 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

1. It's OK for them to touch, but only for a short period of time. In other words, if your chamber is so small that your shrooms are actually GROWING against the side of the chamber, it's too small. But if the extra-big ones touch a little no problem.

2. Once you see pins on your cakes, mushroom development is VERY fast. Expect harvest in 4-6 days.

3. The top portion of the cake isn't growing because all the humidity is at the bottom, near the perlite.

4. Yeah, you might as well dunk your cakes after your first flush. Couldn't hurt too much, really.

5. My cat fan dries his mushrooms for between 48 and 72 hours, usually. If your house is very humid, you might want to also use a dessicant.

6. I'm not sure there's a time frame, but generally you will know just because it's your project and you're staring at the cake so much. Before dunking your cake, you want to pick off all the fruitbodies anyway.

Hope this helps.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinems5712
    #790751 - 08/01/02 02:48 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

wow, but not really i figured u people would help me out and answer my ? but not that fast. thanks. no doubt the pf tek is better than myco bags. ok if my chamber is to small can i make a biggere one and do the same w/ the perlite and just transfer cakes into the same temp humidity?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation