Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7903528 - 01/19/08 08:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Am I getting this right. You think that cutting government spending will spur a recession?

What I am saying is that a reduction in total spending, no matter the source, will reduce economic activity. That is a fact. It will not create the recession but it will make the inevitable recession worse. A cut in spending will make things worse short-term but when you are strapped for cash, hey you tighten your belt. That is the responsible way.

Or you can opt to print more monopoly money. I believe that is irresponsible.

The people are much more efficient utilizers of currency than the government.

Agreed.

If the government doesn't have the money, the people do.

Really?

Uh oh.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (01/19/08 11:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #7903616 - 01/19/08 09:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

carbonhoots said:
Are you making more than 115,000$ a year?

That's nearly 10K a month. How much can 800$ be to you, compared to families working for far, far less. A few days income?

"That's nearly 10K a month."

NO

Our family combined take home pay is around 7k a month. I guess the rest goes to med/dent, 401k, Federal income tax withheld......

And I could still find something to do with $1600!

Apparently people like carbonhoots have decided that Couples/Families who make$115k/year makes you part of the “evil rich”.

fucking bullshit

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7903636 - 01/19/08 09:11 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

115K a year doesnt get what it used to ;(

In some areas like DC/NYC/LA you need to make that just to get by

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: BrAiN]
    #7903743 - 01/19/08 09:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

:lol: Give me a break.  You could use some global perspective.

115K is clearly rich.  Not evil, but rich.  What percentage of the world is someone who makes 115K?  Probably in the top 5% of the richest people in the world.

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: DieCommie]
    #7903838 - 01/19/08 10:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

No the top 5% in this country are all multimillionaires & billionaires
There are shitloads of people in this country with over 1 mill and under 2.

I don't know what the average nationwide income is but every area differs. I have a marketing site that tells property values and economics of where each lead is that I enter into the system, kinda cool.

I don't know what the real # is but I bet 15-20% make more than 100k a year because I know a couple dozen myself and 4 millionaires , well 3 now, one lost it all to coke/crack...but he was a millionaire when I met him..lol...and I am only one person and I live in the friggen woods and I make $8-10k a month from my mold testing and treatment business. $115k is hardly even comfortable. I am stil broke IMO...I have like $1400 right now, that will change in a day or two but still.I have more bills now then when I was broke...so I still feel like I am struggling with all my bills, weed, car & truck payments...etc....but I guess since I was $60k in debt and the beginning of the summer and owe $3-5k now it ain't that bad...but I feel like I didn't make shit yet I see the numbers on paper...

Breaking six figures means you have just began to be successful, but rich, that's a laugh!

I think the $800 is a good start

--------------------
aka NHMI

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: rizingfire]
    #7903863 - 01/19/08 10:32 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

oh, in the world...ya maybe...but not in the US

--------------------
aka NHMI

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7903870 - 01/19/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Brain, I can't imagine living in places like that. You are paying $3k/month for a 1 bedroom apt...in some cities like Boston

--------------------
aka NHMI

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #7903909 - 01/19/08 10:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
only the highest tax paying ppl would prolly get 800.. avg chumps like u an me would probably get 400

I'd use it to catch up on credit card payments

You have it in reverse. The higher income people, who pay more in taxes, do not qualify for this tax credit. They get zippo stimulus.

I'm with zap in that I want to see entitlements go ASAP and I want the door to hit them on the way out too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

#7903991 - 01/19/08 11:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

:lol: Give me a break.  You could use some global perspective.

115K is clearly rich.  Not evil, but rich.  What percentage of the world is someone who makes 115K?  Probably in the top 5% of the richest people in the world.

115K is a year is NOT rich. Hell I make around 75K and I can barely afford a 250K condo and a 20K car....

115K being single in the middle of no where.. where a house costs 100K would put you in upper middle class at most....

Try living in an area like southern california where a normal 3 story house costs an avg of 600K in the suburbs even 50 miles away from the city....

Edited by BrAiN (01/19/08 11:11 PM)

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

#7904028 - 01/19/08 11:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

115K a year is (after taxes) about 80K... that's about 6.7K a month.

Take any american household that makes 115K in an LA suburb area with 2 kids where the avg price of a home in the LA suburb area is about 600K. Thats around 3K a month after mortgage and insurance, toss in another 1K a month for payments, insurance, maintenance, and gas for TWO cars... on top of KIDS, food, education, etc... that doesn't leave much to save.

DieCommie, if a company has a job opening and the job description was PULLING STATISTICS OUT OF YOUR ASS and making random guesses while trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, you'd be the #1 candidate.

Get off your high horse and stop trying to pretend I don't know how far money goes in the third world. I'm talking about living in and around a big city here like LA/DC/NYC and you're trolling a board trying to look for any opporunity to sound like you're wiser than someone else. Go find some family in the San Fernando valley with three kids and ask THEM how far 115K a year gets THEM.

Putting you even in the top 10% in America in income doesn't mean you're in the top 10% of wealth. Wealth isn't how much you make, it's how much you KEEP in assets... if half your money gets sucked out of you in rent (or a mortgage in a time like now where home prices aren't going to be going up for a long time), or paying for 4-5 mouths to feed, that doesn't give you a lot of money to save... and NOT saving money doesn't make you very rich, does it?

Edited by BrAiN (01/19/08 11:36 PM)

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Loc: on the left side
    #7904038 - 01/19/08 11:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
DieCommie, if a company has a job opening and the job description was PULLING STATISTICS OUT OF YOUR ASS and making random guesses while trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, you'd be the #1 candidate.

i thought we were in OTD for a minute... :yesnod:

--------------------
Never go with a hippy to a second location.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7904683 - 01/20/08 03:43 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> 115K is a year is NOT rich.

To somebody that will be lucky to make $18,000 their entire life, $115,000 is pretty rich. All a matter of perspective.

However, within the US, no 115K a year is not right. It is certainly not poor, but not rich, either.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: zorbman]
    #7904807 - 01/20/08 06:38 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Zorbman, just wondering.. Is your $800 going where I think it's going?

Quote:

Or the way I envision:
2) Monetizing of the debt. In other words Mr. Bernanke makes his famous helicopter drop of cash which inflates the currency and past debt is repaid in future worthless dollars. Not so good for the american people but they are unimportant to these folks. The banking system is. It will be saved at all costs.

Yup thats how I see it too. Defaulting is not an option, so flush the dollar, pay off expensive debt with cheap dollars, and abandon ship towards the Amero or another New Dollar.

$250.000.000.000 is an awful lot of dollars to print. If they're gonna print that thats like taking the dollar out the back and executing it.

If anyone is at a loss what to do with the $800 I strongly recommend to buy 5 bars of 10oz silver each. Buy domestic so it will boost the economy like envisioned, and you got a nice position in silver for the dire times that may be ahead.

I see this as a desparate effort to lower personal debt throughout America. I immediately thought "wow, mr Bernanke's helicopter is really gonna fly."

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7904831 - 01/20/08 07:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
"Democrats on Capitol Hill are pushing to limit rebates to those making less than 115,000 usd per year."

fuck!

why do my wife and i even work......

That is exactly why I work for myself. I lost a lot last year on paper...lol....but am just fine with it. Plus I don't have to report inspections because they are individually $400 and anything less than $600 you don't have to report...

If that is true that just adds to why I hate democrats. They say they are all about the lil guy but Mike Huckabee looks like he is the one most geared towards helping the average person not get sucked dry. That is pretty hypocritical of them if it is true but the blue states are the highest spenders nationwide. Plus I would rather get to choose my health care and have the govt pay for it then to get stuck with a socialized mass-health system. I had to get my wisdom teeth out but with state provided care you have to be awake for it. That is not equal care...that is suffering for substandard care or footing the bill yourself. That type of system is why my teeth are so bad, cuz I was a pussy and too scared to be awake cuz I have COPD and was worried I would start choking . Really shitty that govt provided coverage isn't equal or adequit so at this point I would rather pay for it.

But I do look forward to my $800 and if the democrats stop it I will never listen to anything they have to say again. I lived in Mass and watched them ignore a 300,000 signature petition, the largest ever in the history of the state calling for Gay marriage to be on the ballot but after polls said the majority are against it the took a break early last year so they could wait til Romney was out so Deval could remove the Bill. That is not fair and is not upholding the constitution either. But that is typical in MA They let judges break the law without consequence yet Deval stuck up for that psycho saying it was about protecting the proccess...yet he purposely did the opposite here.....makes me so mad! Lies, lies, and more lies!

--------------------
aka NHMI

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: Seuss]
    #7904883 - 01/20/08 07:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
To somebody that will be lucky to make $18,000 their entire life, $115,000 is pretty rich. All a matter of perspective.

Can't argue with that.... Also can't argue that living in the burbs of a big city with a few kids is gonna suck up all your 115K and not let you save jack shit.

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
    #7904958 - 01/20/08 08:34 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Explain to me how this is fucked up

1) Most americans are majorly in debt.

2) We get $800 extra dollars.

3) We use it to pay off some of the debt we owe.

4) The creditors get the money for the debt they lent us.

What is so fucked up about that analogy?

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7904998 - 01/20/08 08:58 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RosettaStoned said:
Explain to me how this is fucked up

1) Most americans are majorly in debt.

2) We get $800 extra dollars.

3) We use it to pay off some of the debt we owe.

4) The creditors get the money for the debt they lent us.

What is so fucked up about that analogy?

Nothing is.

People choose whether or not they are going to take out credit. When they do, they need to be accountable for their actions.

Should people only have to pay their bills when they feel like it?

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: Redstorm]
    #7905008 - 01/20/08 09:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

For real. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and I feel 100% responsible for it. If you agree to terms and then can't meet those terms, what right do you have to piss and moan?

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #7905035 - 01/20/08 09:08 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You know why the rich shouldn't get more of a rebate? Because they are rich.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Econ Stimuli....$800 per person.......Yeah!!!!!??? [Re: Asante]
    #7905521 - 01/20/08 11:59 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Zorbman, just wondering.. Is your $800 going where I think it's going?

Absolutely. I would like to buy one of those buffalo gold coins they recently minted. That used to be my avatar actually.

I strongly recommend to buy 5 bars of 10oz silver each.

Personally, I am recommending silver coins. If times get as tough as I envision (recession deepens into a depression) they can be used as money. In that case they are more convenient to use for small purchases. Junk silver coins are nice but I hear they're going fast.

I do own one 10 oz. silver bar though. If things get bad enough that might buy me a small farm someday. Sounds crazy now but it's happened before. That is what smart people do during depressions- snap up the means of production at bargain-basement prices, then when the economy turns around they've got the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Leverage is a beautiful thing.

A little bit of precious metals will go a long way during a depression. Just don't make the mistake of getting out too early.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale