Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard
    #789313 - 07/31/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
I'm done with drugs and growing mushrooms forever, or at least until the current drug laws change, its not worth the risk to me. Thank you for your information that you have provided me shroomery, but I will not be using it. Thanks Moe for deleting my posts, Good bye all, and have great lives. -merk227

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

Re: Verm Casings [Re: merk227]
    #789341 - 07/31/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

here is one i know of (Verm Casing)

sounds like now you may have to remove the knots or wait till after the first flush to case, however Im not absolutly sure about that!?!?!

Good luck!

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Darkmoon]
    #789348 - 07/31/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
I'm done with drugs and growing mushrooms forever, or at least until the current drug laws change, its not worth the risk to me. Thank you for your information that you have provided me shroomery, but I will not be using it. Thanks Moe for deleting my posts, Good bye all, and have great lives. -merk227

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

#789351 - 07/31/02 07:49 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh my bad,b ut yeah id say go for it!! Caseings are usally always better yields and larger fruits!!

and NP fro the link!

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Darkmoon]
    #789360 - 07/31/02 07:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

#789369 - 07/31/02 08:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

if you use your whole chamber i you wont need any perlite. I just saw a post yesterday where someone does it with great success. Im pretty sure though it wasnt straight Verm that way

Here's something though that might help?

I'll keep looking for the post (maybe someone else will know it?) and I'll let you know when I find it, I am pretty sure it is in the grow log forum or the pic forum. I do too much damn reading on here!

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #789652 - 08/01/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Casings are much better if you can get an even pinset. A nice flush from a good casing is a beautiful thing *sheds a tear*

The biggest problem I run into is getting contams after first flush. Nothing I can see....just a funky mildew type old basement smell. I think I sprayed to much after first flush.

What I do for straight verm casing is: sprinkle a little layer of verm in the bottom.....crumble cakes......sprinkle a layer of verm over the crumbled cakes (just enough to cover all the whiteness).....give a few sprays of H2o2/DH2o from a nice distance...incubate for a couple days and viola.

For your first one I might suggest using less than 6 cakes...unless you can risk losing them all if something happens.....

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #789655 - 08/01/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh Yeah......I don't steralize the verm....just use H2o2 with the water you use and it should be sufficent. I don't think anyone else does either but I could be wrong.

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Invisibletokewl4aname
    #790214 - 08/01/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Can i case cakes that are not fully coloinized, what about using them the spawn some horse poo? i have to do something i got greedy and put too much brf in my jars now im afrais they are stalling out

Offlineimjustagirl
journeyman
Re: Verm Casings [Re: tokewl4aname]
    #790755 - 08/01/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, just use a sterilized knife to cut out un colonized parts on the cake and you'll be fine.

--------------------
I'm just collecting info for a novel... Everything I say is fictional.

"We're just spinning on some granite that we like to call a planet..."
--Blues Traveler

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Verm Casings [Re: imjustagirl]
    #790775 - 08/01/02 01:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

DO NOT put perlite under the casing, it will over-hydrate it massivly and probably lead to contams. Verm casing are the simplest, follow the tek that was given earlier in a link. Dont pasturize the verm, its not needed. Also i would suggest putting a thicker casing layer than "sprinkle a little layer of verm in the bottom.....crumble cakes......sprinkle a layer of verm over the crumbled cakes" because that is way too small of a layer, it will overlay within 2 days unless you plan to re-case it.

Just follow the tek and you'll do fine!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder