Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: Sucess! (pics) [Re: D4NK]
    #7882630 - 01/15/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

beautiful! post more pics before you harvest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: Sucess! (pics) [Re: D4NK]
    #7884442 - 01/15/08 04:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea i dont know why they are so much bigger in the middle than on the outsides? i think maybe the oscililating fan is maybe drying out the sub where i have the poly

Offlineheed
A glutton formycology
Male User Gallery

Re: Sucess! (pics) [Re: blood4blood]
    #7884676 - 01/15/08 05:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

IMO you need higher humidity and you need to add some water to the substrate. I'd suggest you mist like you are but maybe a bit more often and also give the substrate extra water it needs to get those guys bigger by pouring water down the sides of the tray, a lot of water, letting it soak for an hour or two and then pour ALL of the water out. This should give those guys a boost and hopefully prevent the flush from finishing too soon.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Sucess! (pics) [Re: heed]
    #7885286 - 01/15/08 07:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I've always wondered how one suggested pouring water out of a fruiting monotub.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Re: Sucess! (pics) [Re: Jadian]
    #7885334 - 01/15/08 07:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea i just figure ill get the casing good and damp with my sprayer.

Offlineheed
A glutton formycology
Male User Gallery

#7888012 - 01/16/08 12:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you're only going to spray, and so are increasing the amount you spray, do so through MORE applications over time than through more spraying each application. You can easily hurt future flushes through aborting those pins by spraying to much in one application.

You must remember that shrooms LOVE water, and to get to their full potential you just must give it to them. Next time you need higher humidity from the start, and a good watering schedule. You won't run into those early cap breaking bastards, and your substrate will shrink a lot less too.

And for Jadian,

It's easy, just tilt the monotub/tray/whatever you're using over, maybe even use the drilled holes and take the poly-fill out for a second, and pour the water out. Use your hand to hold the substrate in the container if necessary (can easily do this without damaging anything) and let it all drain out, and maybe even check an hour later to see if any water has pooled up on the bottom, and if so dump it out too. Shrooms that size will not bend or break from the tilt. I've found that doing this very late in a flush can be bad though as tall fruits can break when it's tilted.

Edited by heed (01/16/08 12:15 PM)

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7888061 - 01/16/08 12:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

my sub hasnt shrunk much at all. i think im doing a good job at keeping this thing at the proper hydration. i do just give it a light misting 2-3 times a day. i think thats working out for me

here's a couple nice piles i just picked. no wet weights but ill get a total once they're all picked and dried hopefully by the weekend. these mono's did great. im hoping to still get 10 or so more piles like that.

Offlineheed
A glutton formycology
Male User Gallery

#7888084 - 01/16/08 12:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Nice, I love the piles post harvest too.

Sounds and looks like you've got it down pretty well!

I'd try though, for next time, to bump humidity to prevent the caps cracking etc. Some of your early pics show signs of needing a bit more humidity/water, you can tell a lot from the color/texture of their caps.

Also, the substrate can be lacking in water while your casing is wet. This can and will end a flush early if it's dry. Make sure you check it too during a flush, and the flood method I spoke of earlier can help that, or using a syringe to directly squirt water into the substrate (in small doses in separate areas).

Excellent job though and...
Enjoy those fruits!

Edited by heed (01/16/08 12:42 PM)

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7888106 - 01/16/08 12:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea i dont know how to do that though. i know they are mono's and your not even supposed to mess with them but i have been spraying and fanning them 2-3 times a day. and the casing is always moist. so i dont think under humidity is the problem.

i did see in one of fahtster's (the man) hillbilly grow logs that his were doing the same thing and he and RR both came to the conclusion that the cracks were from just the mushrooms growing to fast. but who knows. i think im going to run a bubble stone with a tray of water attached to the side next time anyways.

Offlineheed
A glutton formycology
Male User Gallery

#7888140 - 01/16/08 12:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think you're right in opening those up multiple times. They need the FAE. It personally don't like the set it and forget it idea. I tried it and got contamination, tried it again with bumped up FAE and it worked. But yeah having high humidity while fanning in a monotub seems contradictory, I don't have any suggestions as I moved to a greenhouse/freezer after trying monotub 2 times. Oh and I HIGHLY suggest this for you too if you love those piles!

Make sure the casing surface isn't just moist, but slightly wet (hyphae's pictures are great to see this). And I HIGHLY suggest the mid flush flood method, it bumps up my flushes even though they are already in a high ass humidity/fae environment in the freezer.

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7888154 - 01/16/08 12:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

is the "mid flush flood method" in hyphae's pinnig strategy tek?

Offlineheed
A glutton formycology
Male User Gallery

#7888161 - 01/16/08 12:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No it's something I picked up from RogerRabbit in this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6660798#6660798

I just made up that name so it's not a tek or anything.

I think though, that this method isn't needed, if you water absolutely perfectly and have perfect conditions, as the substrate wouldn't then need extra water. But for me, with work etc, perfection never fully occurs. So this method helps.

You can also give water by pouring over time. The first time the casing pulls away from the walls at all, you can pour a tiny amount of water down the side, and do so maybe twice a day during the whole flush. As long as it isn't pooled up at the bottom after a couple hours (and if it is pour it out!) you're fine.

Shrooms THRIVE on water, but not too much!

Edited by heed (01/16/08 01:05 PM)

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7889609 - 01/16/08 06:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

2nd harvest.

this is only 3/4 of just one of my 2 mono's (getting tired of picking)
i havent even touched my 2nd monotub yet.
i never thought when i started this hobby i would be one of those guys with a mound of mushies. but... fuc yea!

these 2 mono's will way more than i and my friends can consume in a long time. i might have to call her quites for a spell.

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
    #7890352 - 01/16/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

niiiiiccceeee. keep inspring me bro:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck