Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
meditating while high
    #788579 - 07/31/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Does anybody get high before they meditate? If not regularly, have you before and what do you think? I tried it a little while ago and I am not sure what to think. I have been meditating for a few months now regularly, and it seemed pretty hard to concentrate on breathing- a got noticeably more closed-eye visuals, kind of distracting. I know some people love to do it though. What are the positive aspects?

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: meditating while high [Re: buttonion]
    #788621 - 07/31/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think that your problem lays in the fact that you are trying the same methods of mediatation when you are in a drug induced state as when you are sober. I think the key thing (for me at least) is to just go with the experience and the "profound" meaning or key insights will find you. Trying to find them yourself is very hard expecially on the more powerful psychedellics like LSD. Good luck!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: meditating while high [Re: chemkid]
    #788872 - 07/31/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, good point. I guess a concentration-type meditation is probably not the best idea while baked. Just kind of "going with it" sounds like a good idea. Thanks

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Anonymous

Re: meditating while high [Re: buttonion]
    #789208 - 07/31/02 06:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think meditation is good any time.. day or night, stoned or sober, awake or asleep.

Edited by Shroomism (07/31/02 06:27 PM)

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: meditating while high [Re: ]
    #789395 - 07/31/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree....meditation is good anytime. My point was that the same methods for sobritey are difficult to achieve when you are tore up. When I am trippen on shrooms or acid, thoughts, and theories and ideas just find me, or pop into my mind. Which is still a valid method. Trying to gain insight by looking for it is difficult. So be free, easy, loving and peaceful and greatness will find you!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Anonymous

Re: meditating while high [Re: chemkid]
    #789402 - 07/31/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think there are many different forms of meditation which can be used for different states of mind. Meditation doesn't have to be searching for insight or oneness or anything.. it can just be trying to clear the mind and be peaceful... hell I meditate standing in line at the store

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: meditating while high [Re: ]
    #789600 - 08/01/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i agree, i only meditate with weed and let my other drugs just flow on their own, i like to just enjoy them. i frequently meditate on weed, i always get a weird sensation of body seperation however it does not produce an astral projection. last week i felt as if my feet were in the air as i layed on my bed, cool but not overwhelming. to tell you the truth i do not even feel like i am in my body as i was before, my consciouness meditation produces that effect and i am constantly doing it, it is addictive.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag