Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: notapillow]
    #7880248 - 01/14/08 08:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Stupidity and rigidity of modern government scares me.

-----------------
Q: Who do you despise the most in Shroomery?
A: Andyistic - he's a pretentious twat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: sam420]
    #7880252 - 01/14/08 08:10 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:

My favourite was Amnesia Haze,

yes...that was mine also....... :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7880301 - 01/14/08 08:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I am pretty sure that a good deal of the nugget I get here on Maui probably comes from Cali -- and the new dealer I've managed to do business with has a good moving rotation of quality buds.

Unfortunately due to "Operation Green Harvest" out here on the islands, the days of cheap and plentiful locally grown green from the valleys and hills of Hawaii are over. The pressure is on all the time. Near the ends of the growing season it is not uncommon to see heli's heading back to town with huge hauls of weed hanging from beneath. It makes me sad....

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #7880306 - 01/14/08 08:25 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I would think that the people of Hawaii would be among the first in line to get weed legallized in their State.
What possible reason could there be to keep it illegal on an island where no one is being harmed by its presense?

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: kotik]
    #7880336 - 01/14/08 08:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
I realize that there is probably very high grade nug in Amsterdam... somewhere... but honestly, aside from having the time of my life (no complaints!) I was shocked that none of the weed was any better than the stuff I get on the regular at home in the states.

I haven't been to Cali yet, but I have certainly had weed straight from friends living there. My question is.... how does the weed in the medical shops compare to weed on the street?

Has anyone else noticed how weak the weed in Amsterdam is, compared to expectations?

MASTER KUSH
there are alott of california growers and alott of them are good at what they do. yet not all of them flood the market with great stuff.

id need to have a sit down with you...

i say medical is designer weed and some true blue growers in cali still have that back yard skunk thats true blue.

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Offlinesk8cracka
Lost Rabbit
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: notapillow]
    #7880344 - 01/14/08 08:35 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have no say in this, I have only had weed from Humboldt County.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7880439 - 01/14/08 08:58 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Despite it being illegal here, it is pretty much a way of life. For the most part the cops don't really care about the smokers anymore. They've got their hands full dealing with the ice-fiends.

If the smattering of different buds we have available here is indicative of the Cali markets..... damn, it must be a good thing to live in California!

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #7880476 - 01/14/08 09:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gr8fulJ420 said:
damn, it must be a good thing to live in California!

I'm not complaining. :gethigh:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #7880743 - 01/14/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have been getting a lot of outdoor stuff here on Oahu.

Aloha Jim... long time...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: kotik]
    #7880893 - 01/14/08 10:49 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if this is true but I heard much of the weed there is sifted for hash production. So the pot being sold already has been stripped of some potency.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
Male User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Rose]
    #7881183 - 01/14/08 11:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The last time I smoked some local outdoor, it was "pretendica" cane weed. Looked like a nice nugget, but there was no flavor and hardly any buzz.

Good to see you again Cervantes --- cept I'm not Jim! Everybody always thinks I'm Jim..... Our names were too close and we're both a couple of hippies.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #7881560 - 01/15/08 02:20 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gr8fulJ420 said:
damn, it must be a good thing to live in California!

oh, it is.

for example:

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #7881572 - 01/15/08 02:25 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LosAngelesGraff said:
MASTER KUSH

'nuff said. truly spoken. bravo! :congrats:

my favorite kush, period. i prefer it over OG and bubba strains, although a good hindu or afghan will certainly do the trick too!

but above that even, my all time fav is green crack. HEADIES!!

:rastamon:

to answer the OP's question: yes. california has the best. bar none. i invite anybody who disagrees to bring some on down for an ol' fashioned smoke out:bongload::bigjoint:

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7881595 - 01/15/08 02:35 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

also, i should take up smoking again, but i'm almost scared of some of the shit that's been coming into my area recently. even my friends with super high tolerances are knocked on their asses and i've got absolutely no tolerance anymore.

it's almost too bad that it's extremely difficult to find mids around here. if i wanna start smoking again i gotta start small. the one hit i took on new years KILLED me.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#7881627 - 01/15/08 02:52 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

you can get bombass weed anywhere. just gotta know the right people.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: usg543]
    #7881687 - 01/15/08 03:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

just to clarify, im not saying the weed in the dam isn't good... just saying I was expecting something a bit over the top. I tried the hash too.. including Barney Rubble.

And yes, I had Amnesia Haze. I had over 40 strains. My favorite was Blueberry Cheese, and the most potent was probably "Grey Berry," even though technically it should have been Sweettooth according to the THC levels in Barney's chart.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #7881700 - 01/15/08 03:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

There's something wrong when you can't find good bud in Amsterdam....

The best comes from cali. Because us Americans know our shit!
Amsterdam is commercialized for tourists Americans just loooooovvvvvve bud

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Cubie]
    #7881889 - 01/15/08 06:41 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

From my experience ive been pretty let down by the skunk over there. Youve got to remember the coffee shops over there are in it for the profit and this leads to a large amount of weed on the commercial market being "tumbled".

I go three times a year and have realised its definitely all about the hashish, although saying that when I went in december the quality of skunk way a lot higher than on previous visits.

It could also depend on the part of the season you go (an assumption I know, however it would make sense to me that the higher the number of tourists (peak season) the lower the quality).

If you couldnt get decent quality from the grey area or barneys (dunno if you tried dampkring) somethings seriously amiss. Although I have been hearing extremely bad reports about the "barney rubble" hash.

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7881927 - 01/15/08 07:01 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

lil flip is pretty gay

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7881969 - 01/15/08 07:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Your the one in never land with Micheal Jackson............

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder