Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better?
    #7878979 - 01/14/08 04:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I realize that there is probably very high grade nug in Amsterdam... somewhere... but honestly, aside from having the time of my life (no complaints!) I was shocked that none of the weed was any better than the stuff I get on the regular at home in the states.

I haven't been to Cali yet, but I have certainly had weed straight from friends living there. My question is.... how does the weed in the medical shops compare to weed on the street?

Has anyone else noticed how weak the weed in Amsterdam is, compared to expectations?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: kotik]
    #7879080 - 01/14/08 04:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

lil flip says it best

"cali's got the best kill, but amsterdam's got everything all year"

song is addicted (mary jane).. in case anyone was wondering..

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: kotik]
    #7879088 - 01/14/08 04:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

How does this relate to P&S?

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#7879097 - 01/14/08 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You have to go to Barneys, or Grey Area to get the extremely bomb shit. Otherwise you usually just get ripped off. Those two places though, were out of control. That said, Ive had better weed in california

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #7879134 - 01/14/08 04:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Look, it is all weed. And it is all grown the same way. High end is high end. Low end is low end. Mids are mids. The REALLY good stuff is rare in any market.

Amsterdam weed is good... but it is mass produced. For better weed, the grower REALLY needs to give the plants TLC. So, sadly, the really good stuff comes in small crops... but even the really good stuff is just weed.

People everywhere grow Amsterdam quality weed. Everybody uses the same seeds... and similar growing techniques.

Indoor weed can taste a bit like water... outdoor weed can taste a bit like dirt. Medical grade weed is good, and consistent... but it is not the be-all-and-end-all of the weed smoking experience... not by a long shot.

Good weed is NOT gaged only by strength. There are many factors that are weighed. How does it look? How does it taste? How smooth is the smoke? Does it make you cough more than good weed should? Your results may vary.

I'd rather have strong smelling, good tasting, smooth smoking weed over strong weed that makes me cough up a lung. I'll STILL get high... and I will enjoy the smoking experience more.

Different types of weed have slightly different highs... and different people may experience the SAME weed differently.

A good Sativa (Fluffy, and perhaps leafy, green buds) tends to get you stoned... but an experienced smoker can keep smoking it all day and still have a normal conversation. Many people waste good Sativa... because they keep smoking it... thinking they will get, "Faded". That is not what a good sativa is intended to do. It is a waste of good weed.

You want to get, "Faded" try Indica (dense red buds). Indica tends to make people more mellow than sativa... and it'll usually get you talking like a stoner. A good Indica is great for an outdoor concert on a summer day.

Then we have indoor and outdoor weed. Central Cali has a good growing season... and during the growing season... there is usually the right amount of rain and wind to grow NICE WEED outdoors. But what if it is a dry year? It will be reflected in the weed.

Indoor weed is more consistent... if grown by someone who knows what they are doing... so many people who live in places like Cali... STILL grow indoors. It costs more... but it is easier to hide... and the results will remain consistent.

As you can see, personal taste has a lot to do with what weed you will like most. Don't worry so much about strength... all good weed WILL get you stoned. The region the weed is grown in (or sold in) has little effect... unless of course it is grown outdoors.

Perhaps you went to the wrong coffee shops... or perhaps your expectations were too high (pun intended).

The End

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (01/14/08 04:58 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? (moved) [Re: kotik]
    #7879159 - 01/14/08 04:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy & Spirituality.

Reason:
This isn't P&S material. I'm moving it to the Pub.

To the OP: if you think it does belong in P&S, PM me and tell me why. Alternatively, bribe me with some primo nugs and I'll move it back. :smile:

Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Rose]
    #7879163 - 01/14/08 04:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

what did you go to weed college? damn nigga..

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7879187 - 01/14/08 04:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It was a helluva' major. :smile:

You should've seen my thesis paper. I wrote it on Zig-Zags!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #7879266 - 01/14/08 05:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you got to be a stooopid motherfucker if you can't find good weed in Amsterdam. The Cannabis Cup isn't held in Cali

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: sam420]
    #7879292 - 01/14/08 05:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

And if you think The Cannabis Cup growers are mass producing their award winners... with all the TLC they have put into the competition... you are confused about how weed is grown commercially.

Weed is illegal in Cali... THAT is why the Cup is not held there... but Cali has more weed smokers than The Netherlands.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: TheCow]
    #7879303 - 01/14/08 05:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheCow said:
You have to go to Barneys, or Grey Area to get the extremely bomb shit. Otherwise you usually just get ripped off. Those two places though, were out of control.

trust me, I did. In fact, I ended up going over to DNA genetics across the street from Grey Area, and chilled with the cats that grow and supply Grey Area. Even they said the weed in Cali was much better. To be fair, they let me smoke on some of their personal stash, of the same exact strains I bought from Grey Area.. and let's just say, the shit they get to smoke on at work was much better than anything i could have found in the coffeeshops, even though it was the same exact plant.. ha.

From all the material I read, and people I spoke to, it's not a big secret that the strains in the Dam used to be very very weak.. it took lots of cross breeding and grower enthusiasts to bring it up to par. I got to meet a clone of the original skunk #1 as well. I mean, I did my research and talked to lots of people. It didn't seem to be a personal observations, as much as it was an accepted thing.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Look, it is all weed. And it is all grown the same way. High end is high end. Low end is low end. Mids are mids. The REALLY good stuff is rare in any market.

ehh, I disagree... very much so. There are THC, CBD and CBN levels to take into account, along with the sativa/indica percentages. All of these things affect the high in many ways. Essentially, no two strains are exactly the same. Just having something "really good" does not describe it's quality.

Quote:

Good weed is NOT gaged only by strength. There are many factors that are weighed. How does it taste? How smooth is the smoke? Does it make you cough more than good weed should? Your results may vary.

you are right. I should be more specific - when I said I was unimpressed, I mean that not a single strain (and I tried LOTS) put me on my ass. I mean, I was expecting to pass out in Barney's one night, or get lost in the city from being so high, or perhaps even see things and freak out (it's happened before on really potent stuff)... however, nothing like that happened. None of it was even strong enough to make me want to lie down, and I tried as hard as I could to get there.

As for taste / etc. ah man, Amsterdam is THE place to be. But if we're talking about getting some bud that will make you think you were just hit by a bus... well, it wasn't in the shops. I agree it's probably because the shop stuff is produced in mass quantities... but that doesn't really excuse it. It's still probably grown better than many people go about it in the states.

Quote:

perhaps your expectations were too high (pun intended).

Most likely the case, but it still leaves me wondering... "really??!?"

Since ive been back, ive had maybe 6-7 different strains in the states. I would say 2/7 are stronger (indica) than any of the weed i came across in amsterdam.

again, on the presentation / taste / etc, nothing compares (well, sometimes - but it's rare).

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: sam420]
    #7879311 - 01/14/08 05:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:
you got to be a stooopid motherfucker if you can't find good weed in Amsterdam. The Cannabis Cup isn't held in Cali

maybe your standards are just low. There is a huge difference between a pothead and a connoisseur.

--------------------

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #7879338 - 01/14/08 05:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, I don't have low standards.

The last time I went to Amsterdam, I sampled this many:

My favourite was Amnesia Haze, which incidentally won the Cannabis Cup later the same year.  My tastes in weed seem to tally with the judges of that competition.

Edit: Not to mention I used to be a grower of some of the tastiest stuff you've probably never smoked. 
Quote:

maybe your standards are just low. There is a huge difference between a pothead and a connoisseur.

yeah the difference is a connoisseur is capable of finding good weed in Amsterdam :rofl:

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Edited by sam420 (01/14/08 05:23 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7879347 - 01/14/08 05:19 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drkrobotnik said:
what did you go to weed college? damn nigga..

:lol:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAninator
Flashtique
 User Gallery

Loc: Philadlephia, PA
    #7879714 - 01/14/08 06:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

maybe you smoke too much weed. I find it reall yhard to believe that anyone could come back from amsterdam and say that they tried to get really high and couldn't. I'm sick of people who smoke too much weed who think that weed sucks cause it doesn't get them high.. after a while you gotta stop and think, hmm mabye i'm just smoking too much and my tolerance is really high. plus why do you have to get floored and whiped out. it seems as though going to amsterdam is about hanging out and smoking tasties among other things.. but legally in coffee shops for cheaper. why isn't that alone sufficient for you to come back without any complaints

Offlinevintage_gonzo
Stranger

#7879766 - 01/14/08 06:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

How much was an 1/8 of headies in Amsterdam?

Offlinekindadank
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: vintage_gonzo]
    #7879949 - 01/14/08 07:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The best bud I've ever had has been from Amsterdam. Before I went, I did a bit of research on the web and found out which shops to go to, what to try there, and which places to avoid. Pretty much everything I ended up sampling was better than 99% of what anyone I know gets in the states.

I'm not saying that there isn't better anywhere else in the world, but I've sampled a good bit and the stuff from A'dam was definitely the best.

Plus, if you are into hash, it is probably one of the only places you can go in the world and find top quality hash in nearly every variety from all the different countries that produce it. If you tried a bunch of the hash and didn't get RIPPED, then you have some SERIOUS tolerance.

I tried the Amnesia Haze as well Sam and that shit was STRONG!

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: kindadank]
    #7880194 - 01/14/08 07:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea for real the hash is out of control. I smoked way too much at Barney's, ended up wandering around for a few hours looking like I was on crack. Id constantly look all around afraid people were after me, I eventually settled in a park and laid down in the grass for like 30 minutes. Eventually I came down and smoked more, eh...

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Rose]
    #7880211 - 01/14/08 08:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Weed is illegal in Cali... THAT is why the Cup is not held there... but Cali has more weed smokers than The Netherlands.

We have legal marijuana for medical purposes, and let me tell you - that' some of the finest weed available anywhere. :potleaf:

-----------------
Q: Who do you despise the most in Shroomery?
A: Andyistic - he's a pretentious twat.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: unimpressed with the weed in amsterdam coffeeshops... is cali any better? [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7880239 - 01/14/08 08:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

truly northern ca is a mj meca
the weather. the people. and the wilderness provide ample opertunity. so much that it completly overrus the ecoomy

if it where legal it would become some sort of new silco valley. sept it would be the thc valley.
economics scare me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds