Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: fjbk47985]
    #786230 - 07/30/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms are mushrooms.. Seems pretty simple to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineravingbanana
Every Girl'sSexual Desire

Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: ]
    #786234 - 07/30/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

But what if the mushroom you ate really wasn't a mushroom.

--------------------
If Bin Laden eats worms.. Would he be equal to nutritional value of worm castings?
If you could have sex with a person's voice.. Your voice would be the one I'd pick to rape.
Don't worry.. I have a seven inch penis.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #786271 - 07/30/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well you had a good idea about mushrooms using psilocybin as a defense mechanism, but no psilocybin and the mushrooms that contain it are not poisonous. Personally I don't think mushrooms evolved to produce psilocybin as a poison or self-defence mechanism. If you look at just how many plants and animals are able to naturally produce some form of tryptamines, it might make sense to assume that tryptamines are a natural constituent of nearly ALL life. Every life form on the planet contains various amino acids and other chemicals, because those chemicals are a natural product (and part of) of DNA. Maybe tryptamines are somewhat the same: a natural and essential product of life.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #786440 - 07/30/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybin would make for a poor defence mechanism. Reason being that it takes so long for the effects to manifest. A squirrel is not going to make the connection between the fungus he nibbled 20 minutes ago and the freaky spirals pin wheeling across his field of vision...

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: cantankerous]
    #786450 - 07/30/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

this disperses seeds for propagation of the species. these are simple questions that can be answered in a basic botany book. read and enjoy.

I had never heard of seeds being spread by animals eating them. I looked it up and it turns out they do! Well I'll be! I didn't think it was good to get eaten.

I withdraw my dumb post . I was drunk I swear!

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #786819 - 07/30/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

lots of good input from everyone and definitly some good things to consider..

all in all...this hasn't made me stop trippin..in fact a half q should be headin my way any minute... and since i havn't tripped in like 2 months this should blow me away.

hey can one of you tell me how to keep shrooms fresh for an extended periode of time?

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#787027 - 07/30/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Back to the dog + chocolate issue...

"All dogs like chocolate, but chocolate is dangerous to dogs and fatal to cats. While not toxic to humans chocolate contains a caffeine-like alkaloid called theobromine. The amount of theobromine present in commercial human foods can be very harmful to the dog. Unsweetened dark chocolate contains even higher levels of theobromine and is more toxic.

Depending on the size and weight of your dog a mere 4-oz of milk chocolate is enough to kill your dog within 2 hours. If you know your dog has ingested chocolate you should watch for signs of chocolate toxicity. These include increased breathing rate, vomiting, muscle spasms and perhaps seizures. Contact your veterinarian and or local Poison Control Center immediately."

So it's probably best if you don't give chocolate to your dog any more.

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: zeta]
    #787552 - 07/31/02 03:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yeah zeta thats what i meant!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: doozer]
    #787712 - 07/31/02 05:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My $ 0.02:

Suppose you were to empty out a bucket of cold water over your cat. (theoretical: I'm a catlover myself) The poor animal would freak and flee. The next time she saw you approaching with a bucket, she'll make a run for it. That's "Aversive Stimulus Conditioning" for you. If somebody would slap you in your face everytime sooner or later you'd might start to dislike the dude.

Most animals completely freak when they eat Shrooms. The vast majority of unsuspecting people would too. That we like Shrooms is because we anticipate the proverbial shit will hit the fan whenever we dose up. Suppose you never had shroomed and somebody slipped you a tasty 1/4 Shroom sandwich. It would likely be a hellish nightmare. Shrooms aren't physically toxic to us, but it can be a tremendous Aversive Stimulus if used wrongly. Capsicums don't kill too, but nobody sane of average sensitivity would gobble up a haba?ero pepper & get away with it. I think Psilocin, Psilocybin and perhaps Baeocystin and Norbaeocystin too are like the "Hot" in capsicum (Capsaicin, btw.) in that it doesn't kill but makes one f#ck of a deterrant. WE like 'em, but that's a conditioned response, just like with eating hotstuff.

When survival is everything, you'd tend to stay away from Shrooms. If your sense of adventure, Spirituality or just plainly getting high & having a monster of a good time outweighs your need for survival skills, you'd might be Shroom material.
Oh yes: you might like Shrooming in the forest or hey, the mall, so I've read in the reports-section. But how many would like 1/4 of shrooms behind the wheel at 50 miles an hour in a blizzard? Just as the cat remembers the bucket & grin, any mammal would link the Shroom they ate with the chaos thereafter.

I've tripped over 67 times, but would prefer getting zapped with a stungun over 1/4 of good strong Shrooms. I'm really into insight, but not at warp speed...
In my view Shrooms are basically an aversive stimulus that one may adapt to, but like to testify to the Divinity of the Mushroom nontheless...

Would bugs trip? I've read they put a drop of LSD-laced water on a spider or something along those lines. The webs they wove were more ambitious then their regular ones. On caffe?ne the symmetry amounted to dick. I don't know if those spiders tripped, but their tiny little brains were altered, no doubt about that.
Anybody got more feedback?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineperplexed
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: Asante]
    #787906 - 07/31/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If psilocybin is a poison then so is serotonin......OH my god, i think im ODing, somone give me some shrooms!

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: cantankerous]
    #787935 - 07/31/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

my dog eats all kinds of chocolate and she is perfectly fine, maybe a little fat.
That would be funny if my dog o'ded on chocolate. I mean not funny funny, but the idea is funny.

Edited by ShroomyMcPot (07/31/02 08:19 AM)

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: trendal]
    #788110 - 07/31/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

it is a product of life. it also keeps it alive.

the fact that we caltivate them thus they wont die as long as humanity is here can also be looked in a evolunatiry point of view.

alot of plants thrive because of humanity using them. cannabis, shrooms, a million vegtabels fruits grain and mushrooms, and some just because they look good.

mushrooms, because of the 'posin' they produce they can hitchhike on humanity that takes good care of them. giving them all they need to thrive.

there are also a certain strain of ants that grows a certain mushroom underground inside its tunnels.
what does that mean ?!

a growin original

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: growin]
    #788400 - 07/31/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

it is a product of life. it also keeps it alive.

Eh? 'It also keeps it alive', what does this mean, can you explain please?

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: perplexed]
    #789674 - 08/01/02 02:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Er.. Didn't mean a poison in the usual sense.

But serotonin IS a poison, alot more toxic than Psilocybin, paradoxically.
You could easily swallow a gram of it and be OK... I THINK (don't do it!) but injecting it to bypass most of the MonoAmine Oxidase will result in a grueling death just as an OD of Bufotenine will. But indeed: a good way to counter too high amounts of serotonin in the brain would be to whip out the ziplock with shrooms!
It might come in handy with SSRI ODs, but don't quote me on this irresponsible remark & I don't think the FDA would like this particular antidote...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #789721 - 08/01/02 03:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps the shrooms are just trying to select just one type of animal (homo sapiens) so they can keep propagating, more and more people are growing them, thus making them spread more and more.
Instead of seeing it as a poison see it as a fruit, why do so many fruits taste good, so the can be eaten and thus the seeds gets propagated.
Symbiotic relations are very fascinating.
Food for thought.

--------------------

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #789926 - 08/01/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i ment that the psylocybin/cin is what we like in shrooms, thus what keeps us growing them thus keeping it alive and fat...

as said above.

a growin original

Offlineimjustagirl
journeyman
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #791203 - 08/01/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I read in a post somewhere on this site a situation similar to the animals eating fruit then passing the seeds that grow into new trees. When cows ingest grass near growing shrooms they injest some spores which actually start to colonize on the nutrition in their stomach then eventually grow into mushrooms on their poop. Kind of cool! Makes me want to buy a cow instead of colonizing jars

On a side note PLEASE do NOT FEED your animals chocolate!! What was stated above is true, it can be very toxic. Do an internet search and educate yourself before endangering your pets health anymore. It's your responsibility as a pet owner to take care of your fuzzy friends. Just because they haven't died yet is no reason to continue feeding them people food. Buy some doggy treats instead!

--------------------
I'm just collecting info for a novel... Everything I say is fictional.

"We're just spinning on some granite that we like to call a planet..."
--Blues Traveler

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: LOBO]
    #791316 - 08/01/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I like that idea developing a symbiotic relationship and when we eat them they experience us as we experience them.......

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#791393 - 08/01/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well acording to mjshroomers sight the sheep in Scotland enjoy eating mushrooms.
http://mjshroomer.yage.net/news14.htm

Anyway you have to remember that animals will not experiance the same "trip" as humans do. They do not possess the self conscience and ego that is a big part of our experiance. I'm sure they get some visual/auditory disturbances. Anyway those damn sheep in Scotland seem to enjoy shroomin!

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
Re: Maybe shrooms are actually bad? [Re: imjustagirl]
    #791638 - 08/01/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It you want to make your dog or cat happy give them some steak! My dog almost took my finger off when I fed her some! I'm not sure what other animals have serotonin receptors other than mammals and maybe birds. There is a big difference between warm and cold blooded animals.
Is intelligence an evolutionary advantage? I mean you don't see other animals building nuclear weapons or polluting themselves to death. Mushrooms are not bad if you don't think they are.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag