Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: UberDeepName]
    #9412075 - 12/11/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You can but I wouldn't. Tap water contains many trace elements which could manifest as impurities in your product. Easy to use DI or bottled water.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9412166 - 12/11/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Preesh. that's what I figured. I read somewhere about distilled water causing emulsion problems... nothing a little heat or rock salt wont fix i sure. Thanks Gastro.

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9413885 - 12/11/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

No worries, yeah if you're careful you can entirely avoid nasty emulsions, if not you know just how to break them up. Distilled water won't cause any affect that wouldn't already occur during the chemical reaction.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9413953 - 12/11/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Tap water has a lot of lime in it if it's city water and is very basic (around pH 8 around here, sometimes 8.5).  Although this is great for a base (lime is used for coca extractions as well before the ammonia/agua rica basification stage).

If you are trying to do an acidic extraction (first phase to extract from plant matter into water and not a solvent) you want to use distilled water.  (I'd recommend distilled water since chlorine and other contaminates are all to common in any tap water that isn't ran through an RO machine).

That is some very pure looking crystals!  More pure than most sulfate extractions, I must also say that the hexane extracts of DMT makes some very nice looking crystals....just wish the mescaline extracts could be more pure like these citrate pics.

Is the citrate any different in affect (in any dimension or feature what so ever) than say sulfate or HCL.  I know it's still mescaline but since I ingested LSD tartrate I found their is a marked difference worthy of noting from how a molecule is salted (although I never heard any changes in the molecules shape other than size).  And size changes a lot when you are working with such small neurons and such small keyholes.  That is what makes drugs different, not only where they activate, but how much in specific places (this is the difference between say paxil and prosac).

I am also curious to how differently mescaline crystals form with chloroform (if anyone knows of a link with crystals formed in chloroform please PM me).  I know that chloroform sinks under water so that is good for a sep funnel ( now syphoning so easier to get the most)........but the important feature would be the crystal formation.......to get shards like the DMT in hexane that are super clear would be just awesome.

Oh, and one important thing that isn't shared about mescaline extractions that I learned from coca extractions that should apply.

To much acid results in a yellow color that isn't just from chlorophyll.  A pH of 7 is still considered acidic so some suggest to raise the pH after salting to seven...

I do love the white color of the citrate, must be softer on the molecule than sulfate or HCL....easier on the body as well.

I wonder if mescaline tartrate is plausible?

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Edited by TreeMoss (12/11/08 04:56 PM)

Offlinensxviper
Stranger

Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9425149 - 12/13/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hi guys, new here. I want to try this out but I have a few questions. Sorry if this sounds noobish. I might be asking more questions later on, right now I'm in the process of getting my equipment.

I also want to be sure, but is Citric acid the same as Vitamin C supplements.

How is it that you are able to mix the jug for 24 hours?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: nsxviper]
    #9425945 - 12/13/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nsxviper said:
I also want to be sure, but is Citric acid the same as Vitamin C supplements.

No, vitamin c is ascorbic acid (and supplements often contain filler as well)

Quote:

How is it that you are able to mix the jug for 24 hours?

Agitate periodically over the course of 24 hours (or if you've got an magnetic stirrer you could set that up, but it's by no means necessary)

OfflineBurstingBeing
Huah-hememah
Male

Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: 04281969]
    #9426807 - 12/13/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

As far as purification goes is there a meaningful difference in the results of freeze precipitation and washing in acetone?
I know that freeze percip. causes recrystallization of the most prominent molecule and that washing in acetone will get rid of excess HCL but can you get rid of the other alkaloids from just washing with acetone?

I would assume not because the other alkaloids are probably similar enough to mescaline to not be soluble in the acetone but I'm not certain.

--------------------
A sudden shower falls -
and naked I am riding
on a naked horse!

-Issa

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: BurstingBeing]
    #9427331 - 12/13/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BurstingBeing said:
As far as purification goes is there a meaningful difference in the results of freeze precipitation and washing in acetone?
I know that freeze percip. causes recrystallization of the most prominent molecule and that washing in acetone will get rid of excess HCL but can you get rid of the other alkaloids from just washing with acetone?

I would assume not because the other alkaloids are probably similar enough to mescaline to not be soluble in the acetone but I'm not certain.

I agree with you, cocaine is best to be rinsed with acetone as well to rid of excess acid so it doesn't burn.......although I've heard of near freezing water as the preferred option for mescaline washing...as near freezing water won't dissolve any mescaline.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9427805 - 12/14/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TreeMoss said:
I've heard of near freezing water as the preferred option for mescaline washing...as near freezing water won't dissolve any mescaline.

That's the point. You wash with something that doesn't dissolve your target compound, but dissolves other stuff.

OfflineBurstingBeing
Huah-hememah
Male

#9428647 - 12/14/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

cocaine? where did you pull that from?

--------------------
A sudden shower falls -
and naked I am riding
on a naked horse!

-Issa

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Easy Three Step Mescaline Citrate [Re: BurstingBeing]
    #9431077 - 12/14/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BurstingBeing said:
cocaine? where did you pull that from?

I've been reading on coca extractions, some good info out there.  Nothing like ordering a kilo of coca for about 90 bucks and making five grams from that of reasonably pure coca.....just wonder how sometimes they get damn near clear crystals (not crystal clear but kinda foggy clear instead of solid white).

Just suck to get popped at the base stage, they would call it crack and ignore you didn't get to the salting stage.......and you can use 100% ethyl alcohol instead of ether to form crystals.......just a fantasy extraction at this time, cocaine can be very bad news!  But I've never had access to very much or for very long, I don't like hip gangster wanna Be's!

--------------------

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

#9439193 - 12/15/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, So I started my first extraction. followed the recipe exactly. it looks great... but I noticed that the Xylene and cactus sludge are not forming much of any emulsion. I am being quite careful to not create one but I wondered if I need to mix more thoroughly? I will be mixing occasionally over the next 24+ hours. I just turn it end over end about 20 times, then roll it on the floor.

Also, should the Xylene turn yellowish or greenish tint right away? Mine did not. Will this happen over the next day?

--------------------

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9439236 - 12/15/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Roll it around for a good 5 minutes, and try to get all of the xylene into the water.  It will settle out after a couple of hours.  It shouldn't emulsify if you followed the recipe.  And if you have an extra fatty cactus or something, you can add some more NaOH to it to break up any emulsion.

The xylol will get progressively darker over the course of the five extractions.  That photo is of perhaps the third or fourth run.

Edited by 04281969 (12/15/08 08:25 PM)

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

#9439827 - 12/15/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

5 minutes? Okay, will do. I plan on mixing every 2 hours or so for 24+ hours, except when I am asleep of course.

--------------------

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9442628 - 12/16/08 09:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, maybe 5 minutes is a bit long.  Just roll until it's mixed to a homogeneous blend.  Allow at least 4 hours for separation before your first extraction.  It will settle out faster after a couple runs.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9443363 - 12/16/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Then collect the xylene and put it into the quart jar, add some acidic water to that, shake, wait, collect the water again, then put that water into the freezer. 
Thaw. Separate the water from the crystals.

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

#9444302 - 12/16/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Can I use the lids that come with Quart Size mason jars? They have rubber seals on them but I plan on turning them inside out so the rubber wont hit the Xylene.

--------------------

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9444634 - 12/16/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think it should be a problem.
I've found that spaghetti sauce jars are perfect.  Free and disposable.

And don't forget the mushrooms in the little jars, too.  :wink:

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

#9445160 - 12/16/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Okay cool, one LAST question. Do I have to only use 1/2 cup acid water? Could I double the amount by dissolving 1 full tbsp into 1 cup of water? Then use 1/5 a cup with each salting? It seems like it would make it easier to freeze the larger amount of water then pour the Xylene off.

--------------------

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9445462 - 12/16/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A pH pen is a nice tool, if you have any grow projects.

Salt slowly, so you can allow crystals to form and take time with them.

Just use a nice glass pipet (pretty cheap) to life the xylene off, some people use a turkey baster too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract