Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnork
Stranger
Shotgun FC help please!
    #7870284 - 01/12/08 06:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so here's the story...

My friend just finished his 1st grow attempt using the PF Tek, and a shotgun FC (drilled with tons and tons of holes on all 6 sides). He misted these, and fanned them on an irregular basis as his schedule is very hectic, and is sometimes away from home for more than a day. Every cake was overrun with green mold, and he had a very small yield. This was likely due to poor air exchange along with too much misting on the cakes.

So, he's gearing up for attempt #2. RR has stated that green mold is often caused by poor FAE. My friend would like to fix that problem using some automated FAE, although RR seems to think this is unnecessary. So, should my friend just "set and forget" relying on perlite and the 100's of holes for FAE and just fan when he gets a chance (could be only once every couple of days) or should he use some additional forms of automation?

After the 1st two cakes had the greenmold problem, he dumped them and rinsed out the FC. He then drilled many more holes, and birthed 2 more cakes (which were overrun with green mold as well). With the added holes, the RH seems to sit around 80%.

So his idea is to...
A) Set an ultrasonic near (but not in, or piped into) the fruiting chamber. He thinks that the perlite should then be enough to keep the RH high enough.
B) Add a fan to the room on a timer. Nothing piped into the chamber, just a fan to blow the air around the room and help the shotgun FC get some more FAE.

Does that sound like it would be effective automation?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: Shotgun FC help please! [Re: Snork]
    #7870799 - 01/12/08 08:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

if that is not keeping your rh up, then you have too many holes... plug some of them up, and you should see your RH rise... I purposely drill too many holes, so that I can plug and unplug holes as I please to adjust how much rh I have.. but I run 2 tubs and a cool mist 24/7, so I do this to make sure I constant fae, but still get the right humidity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix