Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
God
    #786024 - 07/30/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I really dont like the word god. To me i call god the universe, all that exists. We are apart of the universe, a part of god you could say. If you really think about it we are not only a part we are one with god as a whole, so we are god. I guess you could say that. Im sure there will be people that will want to add more to that, and try and argue with me that we arent god.

God in the Bible.
The bible is a book writing by man. Jesus Christ is supposively the son of god. Blah Blah. Why didnt God have a daughter? Why only one son? It's just all made up. I dont like the fact that people think god is an entity, that has control over his whole creation. Hey but... you never know that is just another idea. Nothing wrong with it.

So now there are two good ideas in my mind. God as the whole. God as the entity that created it all. Both do sound intriuging(sp?).

So what do you all think? I want some more ideas other then those two that i have now? Or choose one and tell me which is the best idea and why?

For us to connect we must find the best ideas to live by. Where better to start then the topic of existance and god.

So?

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: God [Re: Droz]
    #786092 - 07/30/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So now there are two good ideas in my mind. God as the whole. God as the entity that created it all. Both do sound intriuging(sp?).

If I ever make a casual reference to God in a conversation (which is rare), I am referring to God as a metaphor for the whole universe. I think the whole idea of creationism is a symptom of one of religion's biggest maladies: human-centrism. The religions I am familiar with tend to center everything around homo sapiens. This is probably the biggest reason I consider it all bunk. It's just too contrived:

"Well let's see, there are lots of people around.. they must have started somewhere... with just two of them, of course, because you need at least two, a man and a woman, to make more... so let's give them names. Adam and Eve sound good.. ok now.... SHIT! Who gave birth to THEM?? Ok, this scenarios doesn't work... ..unless we insert an omnipotent supernatural entity! there we go..."

It just reeks of made-up-ness to me. In the same way that you can see the dreadful exposition and plot devices in bad writing. It's like too much of it was worked to fit a viewpoint humans can understand. Why should we understand the universe's origins anyway? We're too dumb.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #786104 - 07/30/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I tend to think of God and the devil as being one in the same, with God being the ultimate source of creation, and the devil as the ultimate source of destruction. Neither one can exist without the other, as one is always the natural precurser to the next. So for me, both must be one in the same - two sides of the same whole, if you will. And I think of that 'whole' as being the universe and all of existence in general. So in essence, I agree with your first statement for the most part...but I tend to add a bit of my own spin to it.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Anonymous

#786107 - 07/30/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Should we spell god, N A T U R E?

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: God [Re: ]
    #786112 - 07/30/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's how I spell it.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #786116 - 07/30/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's how I spell it too

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: God [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #786204 - 07/30/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So we agree on the subject of god. Sort of. Knowing this. Where should we head as a part of god? We are living in the now. What should we do now to better this world? To better ourselves? Personally i hate work. I wish i could just start my own business or something. Grow my own food. Live my own life, something unlike everyone else. I'm tired of the same old shit!

Maybe i should of started a new thread! O well!

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Anonymous

#786216 - 07/30/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

God's going to have a daughter, God is balancing itself.. ...

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#786236 - 07/30/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome. Will she be a sexy? Send her my way. Then god will be my father-in-law!

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (07/30/02 11:09 AM)

Offlineravingbanana
Every Girl'sSexual Desire

#786246 - 07/30/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No.. We are going to have to share her.. I want some too.. I get the left nipple

--------------------
If Bin Laden eats worms.. Would he be equal to nutritional value of worm castings?
If you could have sex with a person's voice.. Your voice would be the one I'd pick to rape.
Don't worry.. I have a seven inch penis.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: God [Re: ravingbanana]
    #786267 - 07/30/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sharing is caring.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #786274 - 07/30/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've been thinking that there are two aspects to god: the creator and the created. I think the creator could be what we call thought, and the created is that which we call "the universe". It's just interesting to me that we are aware of these two aspects..mind and matter, and the relationship between the two.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#786393 - 07/30/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The cool thing about work is that it really does make life better. That's why everybody does it. Whatever you get out of it (money, satisfaction), it's worth it. If you want to grow your own food or start your own business you have to work very hard. A lot harder than doing neither. Just find a passion. I recommend musical instruments and meditation, but just having something to get better at and to be proud of makes life suck less. If you're sick of the same old shit then do some new shit.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#786415 - 07/30/02 12:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome. Will she be a sexy? Send her my way. Then god will be my father-in-law!

Don't be gettin her pregnant. If you did, He would strike down your penis.

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #786519 - 07/30/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I see God as everything that exists, the Whole. Nature=God is good but one might perceive then only the Earthly 'green' nature. the star, the helium atom, all god.
God=Love, compassion, consciousness, life, death, spirit, me, you, my dog..

you could definitely list a lot better reasons debunking the Bible as the Word of God, the being, and Jesus, than "Why didnt God have a daughter?" but great thought-provoking post nonetheless.
If everything that I have thought of as God is God--love, compassion, unity, everything--how can you put such Ideal thoughts, feelings into words? the part of me that is you and is the Ideal of love is so much more beautiful than measly words. And if God is an entity, a being, who resides in this place called heaven, where is it? is it inside some big cloud? or behind that star? no.. wait, i bet it's on the dark side of the moon! wouldn't that be cool? then i could go there and visit dead people if i become an astronaut........

just my thoughts. MY thoughts. obviously, not The Way It Is.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (07/30/02 01:48 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder