Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul!
    #7851257 - 01/08/08 11:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Are we really going to need this statement? I should hope not. Yet everyday, it looks more and more like big media has won again. 2 states down. 48 to go. Still a long road. Dr. Paul has so much power to inspire people, to call to their roots as Americans, and remind them of who we are! Yet the big interests continue to smite our efforts, to perpetuate our condition of ignorance. Thanks to the TV!

We all know about TV's hatred of Ron Paul. Faux News insinuating he said we were responsible for 9/11. Taking quotes of his out of context to construe racist remarks. And of course excluding him from their "Fair and Balanced" news. It's child's play. It's bullshit.

Tonight, Dr. Paul beat Fred Thompson in New Hampshire. Last week, he beat Rudy Guiliani in Iowa. Now, I'm not sure how both of them feel about their losses. Rudy, I know, plans on continuing, and I'm sure he'll fare well in many Eastern states. But how well can he relate to us Californians? To the South? We don't need another one who's buddy-buddy with the powers that be. Thompson came in third in Iowa. Not a bad showing. But with 1% of the vote in NH, it's hard to imagine that his campaign has the momentum, let alone the funds, to continue. So with Fred Thompson possibly out of the race, where does that leave his supporters? What are the demographics that vote for him? Who would they be likely to support after his concession? Same questions pertaining to Rudy after his inevitable failure... As the field narrows, and Ron Paul clings on, media will have no choice but to reveal him. But he won't be the candidate sent to deliver us from destruction. He'll be that old kook, the loon, the Champion of the Late Constitution.

It's amazing how lazy people are, and thusly ignorant. Why should people put out so much effort to get on the net and search around candidates? Why shouldn't they just be fed from the idiot-box? Hmmm, maybe there's a reason it's called the idiot-box. And maybe there's a reason our Founding Fathers were wary of giving the common man the vote. The majority of the electorate is too ignorant to make an educated decision in the electoral process. And why is this? Because before, those who could read --the educated-- were only the wealthy, and they were in power. Now a much higher percentage of Americans can read. But it's become a chore. The common man no longer relaxes with a coffee and a book, it's a beer and the boob-tube. Quite frankly, I've seen enough beer commercials. It makes me feel like we're a nation of Bud-Lite toting alcoholics. And we wonder why there's so many diet commercials, and health warnings. Americans like to be fed. Plain and simple. And it's disgusting. Stop gorging yourself, America. Wake the fuck up and realize what's happening. Our nation is disintegrating around us. We've become what we originally most feared. We no longer can only fear fear itself. Reality is setting in.

I look to the future with much anxiety. I am genuinely afraid of the consequences of  Ron Paul losing in the Primaries. I've spoken with many people around SoCal, and many hold similar beliefs. I asked who would win the Democratic Primary in California. All the responses I got were for Barack Obama. And mind you this isn't a formal poll or interview, just me asking a few of the drunkards I've accosted about Ron Paul. Which leads me to another point: Which Republican will win in California in the Primary? Mitt Romney? Mike Huckabee? I can't imagine them mobilizing the Evangelical/religious vote in California. John McCain? Not likely. One man has been given support from all across the spectrum. Uniting PEOPLE, not PARTIES, I don't think there's a question as to which Republican will win California: Ron Paul.

Here's why. With California being as liberal a state as it is, I have seen more support of Ron Paul across the Southland than any other candidate on either side. In fact, I have only ever seen ONE "Obama" sticker on a car. Nothing for Hilary. Not even for Dennis Kucinich. Nothing for Huckabee or the rest of the gang. However, it's not the support outside of the polls that matters. It's the support in the polls. Californians are pissed off. Pissed at Washington, pissed at Sacramento (Arnold's not too popular round here at the moment; MMJ patients send a big F.U. up North!). And Californians will sound together and mighty: we want Ron Paul.

Now, imagine Ron Paul does win the Primary in California. Then what? What about the other states on Super Tuesday? Time will answer this question, but I believe he'll do well.

So here's what it really boils down to: the General election is still a long way off. The battle for Ron Paul, as everybody knows, is with his own party, and getting the nomination. So in order for this to happen, people need to "temporarily lend support" from Obama, Hilary, and the others, and support Ron Paul in the Primary. After he's got the nomination, support who you want. Imagine a race between Obama and Ron Paul. Two candidates about real change. Two candidates against the establishment. Imagine that. And then imagine the results coming in on Election Day. And California went red. Imagine that.

One day, though, one day, we will realize what we did. We'll realize our mistake. That we had the opportunity to fix it, really fix it. We had the man, we had the timing, and we let Faux News and the whole gang bring it all down. At this point, I'll be living in Germany, or some other far away place. And by that time America will have gone down a very bad road. And I will not have pity. "You Decide 2008". Well, as it looks, we're deciding on destruction. They say every vote counts. And it's true. It takes real people talking to real people about real issues. It takes a genuine air, not something that's just sent over the air. Wake up, America.

But don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul.

P.S. - So who's got shirt/sticker designs? I'm thinking along the lines of a crying Statue of Liberty over-looking a trampled (perhaps burned/muddy) Constitution, ripped to shreds, with the heartland of America in ablaze in the background and a mushroom cloud over Los Angeles. Sounds pretty fucking sweet. :thumbdown:

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul! [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #7861011 - 01/10/08 06:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

new hampshire is full of a bunch of idiots these days, it didnt used to be that way but all the morons from massachesettes moved up there for cheaper rent and those r the 1,s who voted for clinton,how could people pick mcain over paul, the corporate media does in fact influence behavior, people r fools...the end is nigh...

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul! [Re: 5150]
    #7861026 - 01/10/08 06:51 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to bend over and have the government dry smash your shit box.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul! [Re: Legend9123]
    #7861080 - 01/10/08 07:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Did you ever actually think Ron Paul was going to win?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #7861098 - 01/10/08 07:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Its not the media, most people just disagree with Ron Paul. I am amazed that people thought he was going to win, he's almost a libertarian, how good does the libertarian party do? A lot of people are morons, but most people don't vote. Blame popular opinion, not the media on this one. Although I do agree that the reason the choices are what they are right now is because of the media, but thats not why Ron Paul isn't going to win.

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#7861107 - 01/10/08 07:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Don't blame me, I voted for Ralph Nader! :shocked:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul! [Re: fapjack]
    #7861129 - 01/10/08 07:14 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Its not the media, most people just disagree with Ron Paul. I am amazed that people thought he was going to win, he's almost a libertarian, how good does the libertarian party do? A lot of people are morons, but most people don't vote. Blame popular opinion, not the media on this one. Although I do agree that the reason the choices are what they are right now is because of the media, but thats not why Ron Paul isn't going to win.

I'd like to think otherwise, but I agree here.
I'm sure the media plays a part in it, but how much serious support does Ron Paul have?
Yeah, I know he raised tons of money, but I have yet to meet a person in real life that supports him who isn't a classmate of mine. College students don't mean shit when it comes to presidential elections.

--------------------
!

OfflineSerial
Cake or Death?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Middle of Nowhere
    #7861621 - 01/10/08 08:49 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm voting Ron Paul 08! But seriously, look at our choices, more of the same. His views might be radical but thats just want we need!

--------------------

InvisibleQuarryman
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Ron Paul! [Re: Serial]
    #7861638 - 01/10/08 08:51 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone been watching the debate? :shake: I can't believe the idotic attacks the other Republicans use against him.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale