Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Other Drugs [Re: Papaver]
    #791733 - 08/01/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OK! The battle is joined. The long and arduous journey begins, in the creation of a proper and useful OD FAQ!

If you are interested in contributing to this project please send me a PM. It occurs to me, that this thread might make a useful place to hash out some general ideas, so I?ll post some preliminary thoughts here.

1) Categories: This is very important and also very complicated. We need simple but effective categorization for this thing to work. Here are my current thoughts on the subject. Please contribute you ideas:

Hallucinogens
Speed & Cocaine (Uppers?)
Opiates
Tranquilizers and Depressants (Downers?) (Pharmaceuticals?)
Inhalants
Plants
There could also be a section of delivery mechanisms. The pros and cons of things like injection, snorting, smoking, etc?

2) Opening Statement: It should be succinct and to the point. Here is what I have so far:

"Drugs are as safe or dangerous as you make them. Some drugs are more dangerous than others, but ALL drugs carry risk. Ask questions, and thoroughly research any drug, before ingesting it. Most important of all, be safe!"

3) Outside Links: Just the important ones. There are a million resources out there. Let?s just give them a good start:

http://www.erowid.org/
http://www.lycaeum.org/
http://www.drugs.com/ (Good Online Pill Identifier)
http://www.rxlist.com/ (Good Pharmaceutical Monographs)

This is what I have, so far. It?s a start, but we need your help to make this project successful, so let me know your opinions and ideas.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #792282 - 08/02/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here are the Categories I think should be included

Hallucinogens and Psychedelics
Stimulants
Depressants, Painkillers & Pharmaceuticals
Inhalants
Disassociatives (PCP, DXM, Ketamine & N2O)
Enactogens (Ecstasy and other similar compounds)
Plants

I also think including sections on how to avoid bad trips, a glossary, links to important websites such as Erowid, and Dancesafe.org, and legal highs would be very useful

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: Remy]
    #792476 - 08/02/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Update -- I?ve received some very good input from you all via PM. I am waiting to hear from some more people, and then I will try and post a compromise list of categories tonight, and we can publicly tweak it in this thread. Once the categories have been created, we can then start working on the content.

PS: I?m glad to see that so many of you are going to give this project the serious attention it deserves!

--------------------

Anonymous

#792583 - 08/02/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #792605 - 08/02/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: ]
    #792735 - 08/02/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#792859 - 08/02/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

After carefully reviewing all of your category submissions. I have come up with the following compromised list. There should only be a few differences from what has been submitted. Fire away -- let me know if this is acceptable or not, and if not, why?

0) Welcome Message: Be Responsible & Safe!

1) Off-Site Resources (Links)

2) Hallucinogens and Psychedelics
a) Indolamines (LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, Etc.)
b) Phenethylamines/Enactogens (Ecstasy, Etc.)
3) Disassociatives (PCP, DXM, Ketamine & N2O)
4) Stimulants, Speed & Cocaine
5) Opiates & Painkillers
6) Depressants, Tranquilizers & Alcohol (all are GABAergic)
7) Inhalants & Solvents
8) Plants (Datura, Salvia, Marijuana, Etc.)

9) Do I have a drug problem? (Who, Me?)
10) Pros and Cons of Smoking, Snorting, Injection, Etc.
11) Glossary

12) FAQ Contributors

Are there a simpler pair of words to replace "indolamines" and "phenethylamines?" They seem to be the two obvious families of psychedelics, but they?re kind of BIG words.

Once we?ve got this category structure finished and bomb-proof, I can enter it into the system, and we can begin work.

There was some concern about people only being able to work in one area. I would like everyone to work wherever they feel confident. I am just assuming that people will probably tend to stay in one or two categories. I think we should all review and comment on each others work, as this will only make the final result stronger.

Again, I think we need to keep it simple, and cover all of the bases, at first. If some of these drugs are potentially dangerous (i.e. Datura), then this should be emphasized!

--------------------

Anonymous

#792989 - 08/02/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#794290 - 08/03/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Content Time!

OK, I think I've got a handle on the FAQ tool that they use here, and I've got the categories in place, just as they are above. Now we need content! Please start sending some for the above categories, and we'll get this ball rolling...

PS: It's never to late to change things, so if you have comments or suggestions regarding the categories, please post them!

--------------------

Invisibleshroomerylurker
lurker
Re: Other Drugs *DELETED* [Re: Papaver]
    #794831 - 08/03/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Edited by shroomerylurker (08/05/02 10:33 AM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

#802459 - 08/07/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A few more links to add
Dancesafe.org (MDMA pill identification)
NORML.org (Lists Marijuana laws by state, and includes legalization info)
Yahooka.com (Database of marijuana related links.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: Remy]
    #819148 - 08/16/02 12:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OK people! Work with me here. I need some content!

I've been working on opiates and stimulants, but I am in dire need of contributions for the other sections. Let's get this thing rolling!

Once we get some initial stuff in place, then we can shape it and mold it, not unlike clay, into its final form...

Oh yeah, "Please..." <-- [the magic word]

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Other Drugs [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #842031 - 08/25/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I find the "Datura" threads a little more disturbing, as it is apparent that some kids actually want to try this stuff, and clearly don't understand either the dangers or that it will be a very unpleasant experience most of the time.

while it's fairly foolish for idiots like that to take it some ppl (well probably just me) quite like night shade and imo it's very interesting and certainly worth discussing, the only problem is that i am normally very happy to share info with ppl but i have no way to tell if i am sending a 12 year old to his death or anything like that the problem is making ppl aware of how fucking deadly the stuff can be i mean some ppl must be so fucking stupid

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: Lazerouth]
    #842411 - 08/25/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> but i have no way to tell if i am sending a 12 year old to his death or anything like that the problem is making ppl aware of how fucking deadly the stuff can be i mean some ppl must be so fucking stupid

That's my point! I have no problems with the open discussion of things, and I have no problems with anti-cholinergics -- I'm not trying to bad mouth datura per se, but it is obvious that some of these kids shouldn't fuck with it! I just worry about the "bigger idiot factor" that seems to be aparent, at times, in the OD Forum...

Would you like to work on a datura/etc part of the FAQ?

--------------------

Anonymous

#842443 - 08/25/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#842516 - 08/25/02 03:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

goodluck man....... It seems to me it'd be alot less time consuming to just somehow get people to look up whatever at erowid / lycaeum and the links they provide....... Becuase if you go in depth in everything its going to be hundreds of pages......... I mean why try to rewrite a bunch of other peoples texts when its already been written unless you intend on contributing NEW data or data thats hard to find....... not trying to discourage you goodluck !

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#843106 - 08/25/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Plato,

> I just finished writing a section for the FAQ.

Cool! I look forward to your PM! Thanks!!!

Re: The "other forum," LoL, yes I did. I'm nursing a pre-hangover, but I basically said go for it...

RE: dilatedcreature?

> not trying to discourage you goodluck

I could write a book about re-inventing the wheel, and I have actually had several published already, so I know what you?re speaking of, but links to erowid and the lycaeum will be provided. Anno would like to see this attempted, and I think it?s worth a shot.

Also, our take will be slightly different, and I think, worth presenting!

--------------------

Edited by papaver (08/25/02 08:46 PM)

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #843324 - 08/26/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

sure papavar that would be pretty cool although of the night shades datura is my least liked i prefer mandrake and such. anyway what kind of content are you guys after just a thing to advise ppl about the dangers of certain drugs or as much info as you can get together? im not really much of a writer but i certainlyhave a bit of knowledge on the subject

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Other Drugs [Re: Lazerouth]
    #844169 - 08/26/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

> im not really much of a writer but i certainlyhave a bit of knowledge on the subject

That sounds good! Due to the number questions that are asked on this subject, it certainly merits a section in the FAQ. Generally, I think people need to be aware of the potential dangers and risks, and should also be encouraged to conduct their own research. I will send you a PM with further details...

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

#850272 - 08/28/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ive been writing a FAQ for marijuana (I think it deserves its own section), and Im getting ready to start one on datura, Ill pm them friday or saturday

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate