Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: American Spirits [Re: razmablues]
    #7858136 - 01/10/08 08:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

razmablues said:
the guy who owns american spirits also owns other cigarette companies like Kool and Pall Malls and does his american spirit animal testing under the other company names.

:lol:

"The guy" you are referring to.. is RJ Reynolds... owner of Camels, Kools, Winston, Salem among many other tobacco 'names'.. who bought out The Natural American Spirit company about 5 years ago. It originally started out as a grass roots company. They still go under the same name though and function as separate corporate entity although now an official subsidiary of RJ Reynolds. But still follow the same practices i.e - no chemicals added to their tobacco and the sale of organic tobacco and the fact that their cigarettes are packed with 25% more tobacco than the average cigarette which is their main draw. Technically, American Spirits is now owned by the same company that produces Camels.. although they function as a different entity. They also don't use any stems or "floor scrapings" like most cigarette manufacturers, only pure leaf tobacco.

Your average pre-rolled American Spirit cigarette has much more tobacco in it than a normal cigarette, so they are packed a lot tighter. As well there are no chemical accelerants and various carcinogens and "flavorings" added to them like most cigarettes. They don't have any of that crap.. the only ingredient is tobacco. In the menthols they use actual menthol crystals inbetween the cig and the filter.. you can break it apart and see for yourself. Thus due to being packed tighter and having no chemicals, you have to drag on them quite a bit harder than a normal cigarette and they smoke about 2-3 times longer than a 'normal' chemical soaked cigarette. People say they taste like crap but they are just tobacco. Personally after smoking spirits for a long time, when I take a drag of a marlboro or some other commercial cigarette, it tastes like complete shit.. I can only taste chemicals. As well I can smoke a marlboro in about 30 seconds since they burn so fucking fast due to all the chemicals and how loosely packed they are. An american spirit takes me about 10 minutes to smoke, sometimes I can't even finish a whole one, I will smoke half and put it out for later. As well there's no "packing" spirits.. in fact they are so tightly packed already you have to do the opposite.. and roll them around in your fingers to loosen up the tobacco so you don't have to drag on them with all your might to smoke it.. but it still takes more lung power, so being used to taking hard drags when I smoke a 'normal' cigarette it's gone in under a minute usually.

Yes, I know far too much about cigarettes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: American Spirits [Re: Shroomism]
    #7858294 - 01/10/08 09:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I definitely remember hearing a large portion of that rant last year before the gathering :tongue:

Especially the "floor scrapings" part :lol:

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: American Spirits [Re: Jadian]
    #7858312 - 01/10/08 09:22 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

lol... what can I say.. I'm a cigarette elitist.
Although still a nicotine fiend :frown: So I will smoke anything that even resembles tobacco if I need a fix. Kind of hypocritical or whatever but fuck it. I should probably quit but..

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #7858316 - 01/10/08 09:24 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I quit and it feels great! My cardio has increased by leaps and bounds and I haven't gotten sick in forever. You still around the Phoenix area?

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

#7858319 - 01/10/08 09:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah the menthol part i found particularly cool/interesting. and yeah i agree about the chemical tasting crap cigarettes.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7858383 - 01/10/08 09:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I bet man. My cardiovascular system probably hates me by now. I used to be able to like.. run miles and stuff. And I was getting into MMA pretty intensely but I just didn't have the endurance for it anymore. One of these days..

Nope not in AZ anymore.. I couldn't hack the desert man.. heh. Back in my home state where there are trees and water and stuff. Although I do want to visit the west again before it falls into the ocean.

--------------------

InvisibleSheikCorp
Stranger

Re: American Spirits [Re: jewunit]
    #7858555 - 01/10/08 10:30 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You know street value in jail for a 1.50 pouch of tobacco goes for 500$

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#7858576 - 01/10/08 10:35 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I have since quit, but I used to smoke American Spirits, and I agree with the above comments that all other chemical-laced cigs taste like, well, burning chemicals.

I also noticed that after smoking spirits, your fingers/breath do not smell nearly as disgusting as they would had you smoked a camel or parliament. They're also less addictive, because they are additive free. My friends used to refuse to smoke them because they didn't give them the same fix as their brand of choice, due to the lack of whatever mysto-additive they were fiending for. Fuck that!!

Since I started seriously practicing yoga I have quit smoking, and I'd like to encourage everyone to do the same, you don't know what you're missing, cigs make you feel like crap and you don't even know it because the norm, you only go around once, you should be getting the full benefit of a set of clean lungs and a healthy heart--its downright blissful sometimes taking an unencumbered breath of fresh air.

--------------------

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: American Spirits [Re: Noviseer]
    #7858592 - 01/10/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I smoke Turkish Golds too, really smooth and mellow. :thumbup:

Some guy mentioned something about new turkish golds, since when? I thought they just came out like 4 years ago and I don't think anything about them has changed.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: American Spirits [Re: appleorange]
    #7858621 - 01/10/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Good advice. Instead of that usual.. you will die horribly of lung cancer or whatever. I usually take the Bill Hicks approach to people like that.
But yeah, one of these days. Maybe in the not-so-distant future.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: American Spirits [Re: Noviseer]
    #7858637 - 01/10/08 10:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
I also noticed that after smoking spirits, your fingers/breath do not smell nearly as disgusting as they would had you smoked a camel or parliament. They're also less addictive, because they are additive free. My friends used to refuse to smoke them because they didn't give them the same fix as their brand of choice, due to the lack of whatever mysto-additive they were fiending for. Fuck that!!

Funny, I find it to be the other way around. I noticed my fingers fucking smelled HORRIBLE last night after I had one, and all my friends in the house said the smell was way stronger on me than it usually is.

I'm also not so worried about Camels being more addictive, I've smoked one or two cigarettes a day, if that, for a couple years now. I think it's safe more me to say I truly can stop whenever I want (I often go on hiatuses.) As for the taste, I haven't decided, it's not like cigarettes taste good to begin with. Just some about the Spirits I don't enjoy as much as I enjoy a Camel. If it's the chemicals, then oh well, I guess big tobacco companies are just better businessmen.

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom