Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
the Energizer "D" Battery Exposed!
    #7849283 - 01/08/08 05:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.newstarget.com/PhotoTour_Energizer_Batteries_1.html

Quote:

most consumers are under the impression that rechargeable batteries don't last very long. After asking several people this question, I decided to look more closely at common rechargeable batteries with a question in mind: Are battery companies intentionally making rechargeable batteries with lower capacities in order to encourage the sale of more profitable throwaway alkaline batteries?

Quote:

Why are Energizer "D" batteries so weak? To find out the answer, I decided to take one apart and see what was inside. As this picture reveals, inside the "D" battery is a much smaller battery! The Energizer "D" battery is actually just a cheap plastic shell surrounding a much smaller, low-capacity battery similar in size and capacity to an "AA" battery (2500 mAh).

This explains why the Energizer "D" rechargeable battery has such low power capacity to begin with. The company doesn't even try to make it a high-capacity "D" battery, it seems. They're filling part of the inside of the battery body with nothing more than cheap plastic and useless air. And how much does Energizer charge for this "D" battery? More than $12 each!

Quote:

But is this all a conspiracy by Energizer? That's for you to decide. In my personal opinion, the Energizer company is deceiving consumers by packaging what is effectively an "AA" battery in a "D" size and shape, then marking up the price 400%, hoodwinking consumers into paying four times as much money for a battery that has extremely poor performance (by design).

:lol: :humpme:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: the Energizer "D" Battery Exposed! [Re: kotik]
    #7852018 - 01/09/08 01:50 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That shit is fucked up bro

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7852371 - 01/09/08 04:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If somebody is stupid enough to buy a D-cell that only has 2500 mAh, then they deserve what they get. The cell is clearly labeled. If you buy something that is clearly labeled as one liter, then don't be upset when it doesn't hold two liters.

The D-cell NiMH rechargeable batteries that I buy ($8.00 to $10.00 ea) are 10000 mAh to 12000 mAh while an alkaline D-cell is usually around 20,000 mAh.

(It is difficult to compare dissimilar battery types using amp hours because operating voltages are different. It would be much wiser to look at the energy density of the batteries in question. However, in this particular case, there is not much difference between NiMH and alkaline (with respect to operating voltage), so the error is going to be fairly small.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: the Energizer "D" Battery Exposed! [Re: Seuss]
    #7852402 - 01/09/08 05:08 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
If somebody is stupid enough to buy a D-cell that only has 2500 mAh, then they deserve what they get.

agreed.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #7858300 - 01/10/08 09:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

damn, i dont think ive ever bought a rechargable D battery

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom