Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
"Window well"
    #785115 - 07/29/02 07:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm... I was walking around the house looking for another spot to try out some outdoor growing. Anyway, I have a couple of those basement windows that have a little "window well" dug so as to expose the window (duh) and I got the thought that one of these spots may be a pretty good place to grow.
Dig a little of the earth out from down there and replace with a poop/straw mix, or compost or whatever mixed with spawn. Would this be a decent spot? They would get little to no direct sun, but would still get plenty of light. They are definitely inconspicuous (esp w/one of those cheap molded plastic covers), and I could even tend to my babies "outside" while standing at the window inside; i.e-- no neighbors wondering what I am doing. How does this sound? Anyone ever try this before? I think I will give this one a try tomorrow.

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: "Window well" [Re: marathonman]
    #785321 - 07/29/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well i cant reply on your post regarding how suspicious may this spot be, for i am not there but as far as cultivation, you need a spot where there is NO direct sunlight. Another thing is that you need the place to meet temp and humidity conditions. I didnt quite understand that window well, because i dont have one, but make sure that there is plenty of fresh air exchange in that spot. you dont want to put the mycelium somewhere where the soil turns to mud. Also, if they grow big, is there a chance they go higher than you want and be seen?

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
Re: "Window well" [Re: kykeon]
    #785345 - 07/29/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i dissagree with the no light thing and when you were saying about the bassment window i had a picture of that cheep plastic dome thing in my head as well that could be awsom for humidity reasons and if your area is good temp range you may have a key spot for shrooms!!! but like the previous post the suspicios location would be a concern of mine also..i hope this works for ya sounds pretty cool!

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Re: "Window well" [Re: ZEPH]
    #785595 - 07/30/02 04:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It is more than I want to type about right now, but suffice it to say that this spot would be MUCH less suspicious than just about anywhere else in the yard. I have a busybody old lady next door, but her house is on the opposite side of the house from the window I am planning on using and, like I said, I could just open or look out of the window to check progress etc. I don't have the dome/cover thing yet, but I thought it *may* help. The only light it really gets is indirect so that does not worry me too much.
I realize this is just a silly variation on other peoples techniques, but it may just work out for me and anyone with similar circumstances. I plan on doing it later on today, and as things progress (or not) I will let y'all know.
Any more wisdom/suggestions is appreciated.

--------------------

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by marathonman (07/30/02 04:48 AM)

OfflineI_and_I
journeyman
Loc: stuck in the middle
Re: "Window well" [Re: marathonman]
    #785627 - 07/30/02 05:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i think it perfect. mushrooms grow. period. outdoors mushrooms will do all they can to grow. i throw my contaminated casings outside right on the groun with no shade no nothin and they grow so id do it up. plus you could look through your window and see them.good luck

Offlinethaikoh
Stranger
Re: "Window well" [Re: I_and_I]
    #785718 - 07/30/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

you need a spot where there is NO direct sunlight

bullshit.If this is true,then why do you find shrooms in the middle of cow fields with NO shade?

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.hardxxxmovies.com/bc0630/video1_7.html
www.hardcoresexflix.com/black/mpegs/mb5.mpg

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Re: "Window well" [Re: thaikoh]
    #785736 - 07/30/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

my thoughts exactly...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck