Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
a lot of conservative blogs are really angry
    #7856387 - 01/09/08 09:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

first i read all these crazy conspriacy theories they espouse about gays trying to "Takeover" the US. of course that's equally as nutty as 9/11 truthers on the left. then they try to pretend somehow the left is in bed with crazy islamic terrorists. even though the islamic terrorist and govts are by definition conservative. most of these blogs all think its really funny to call obama, "osama". funny how they even mention osama since bush has failed to catch or kill the only person actually responsible for 9/11. also i think if you took osama's views, which are extremely religiously conservative and violence driven. those views definitely are closer to the views of some republican politicians than obama's.

calling obama, "osama" is really childish and sad. oh and lastly, since i lean to the left i will tell you, we dont side with islam. the islamic world is proof how scary religious conservatives can become if they are in charge. i would do anything to prevent religious conservatives from meddling in my life or killing my countrymen. I take a strong stance against the insanity that is religious conservatism. I don't discriminate based on religion either. Christianity, Islam and Judaism all have their crazies who deny science, are anti-intellectual and want to push humanity back into the dark ages. Thankfully throughout history, progressive thought has always eventually triumphed over dogmatic religious tyranny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #7856595 - 01/09/08 10:27 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I know the talkshows sure seem alot more angry and mean (conservative vs. liberal) on the radio, back when we had liberal radio in these parts

But the liberals have plenty of nutjobs on the fringes too, but I hear ya... w/ alot of conservatives they just seem pissy about everything...

social conservatism rots your brain.. makes you bitter

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7857028 - 01/09/08 11:32 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
I don't discriminate based on religion either. Christianity, Islam and Judaism AND ATHEISM

a small correction.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Syle]
    #7857534 - 01/10/08 01:38 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

atheism isnt a religion...despite what some crazy religious people try to convince you of. let me put this moronic idea to rest:

re·li·gion /rɪˈlɪdʒ<1;n/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

atheism doesnt have any set beliefs on anything. espcially not the purpose of the universe. also atheism has no set moral code. so, nope!

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

since atheism is not organized there are no fundamental beliefs. as an atheist you dont believe in god. you could also decide to not believe in science or some other things in reallity. i could deny the sky being blue but as long as i didnt believe in god i would be atheist. buddists are even considered atheists because they dont believe in a deity. so you can be atheist AND a member of a religion... further making the point atheism is not a fucking religion

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

again, no set beliefs in atheism

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

obviously this doesnt apply
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

of course this doesnt apply either

6. religions, Archaic. religious rites.

no

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.

no!
9. get religion, Informal.
a. to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
b. to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

this doesnt apply to atheism either

calling atheism a religion is now just a retarded come back christians have come up with when debating atheism. however they dont take many things into consideration. they dont understand science or the scientific method. this makes it easier for them to discredit science. what's funny is christians have been attempting to deny science for thousands of years. they used to kill people for actually figuring out things about the universe and our planet. some of those discoveries, religious people have been forced to accept now. in the future, the deniers of evolution and the "young earth" morons will be looked upon as crazy and in the way of progress. just like the ancient morons who killed people for suggesting the earth wasnt center of the universe.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7857688 - 01/10/08 03:37 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

atheism doesnt have any set beliefs on anything. espcially not the purpose of the universe. also atheism has no set moral code. so, nope!

Which is a belief. Like it or not, atheism is the belief that there is no creator. Being atheist is no different, from a belief based upon faith standpoint, than religion. Neither side has proof that they are correct. Both sides use various forms of hand waving to prove that they are correct. Both sides base their correctness upon unprovable faith. Atheism is based upon faith, which is the basis of most religions, thus atheism, in a way, is a religion of faith.

> 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe

Yep. Atheism is a belief (a set can contain one item) that the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe is not controlled by some godlike figure.

> 2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons

Yep. Atheism is a fundamental belief (that there is no godlike figurehead) generally agreed upon by a number of persons.

> 3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices

Yep. Atheism is a belief (again, sets can contain one item) with a practice of not following religious like ceremonies.

The only real difference between atheism and most religion is organization.

> 4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion

Nope. No organized atheist monks, nuns, etc trying to spread atheism to the masses.

> the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Nope. No organized rituals to observe the faith.

... etc ...

Quote:

I know the talkshows sure seem alot more angry and mean (conservative vs. liberal) on the radio, back when we had liberal radio in these parts

But the liberals have plenty of nutjobs on the fringes too, but I hear ya... w/ alot of conservatives they just seem pissy about everything...

I don't really see that much difference between the two groups. Is Rush really that different from Alex? I don't listen to either of them, but from what I read from time to time, they both seem to be full of hot air.

It is interesting that the moral conservatives seem to have a lot of hate. Is this real, or a bias in observation? Is the hate that Al Sharpton spews any different than that hate that O'Reilly spews? Are there more O'Reillys than Sharptons in the public eye?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7858141 - 01/10/08 08:32 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Care to name some of these conservative blogs? My guess is I regularly read more blogs (conservative and liberal both) than pretty near anyone who posts on this forum and I have yet to come across a conservative blog claiming gays are trying to take over the US, or who call Obama Osama.

As for Lefties being "in bed" with crazy islamic terrorists, it is patently obvious that many on the Left root for terrorists over the West. I don't know if it's fair to categorize that rooting as "being in bed with", but I'm unsure how many conservative blogs actually categorize the Left's relationship with terrorists in those words anyway.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Seuss]
    #7858298 - 01/10/08 09:18 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

Which is a belief.  Like it or not, atheism is the belief that there is no creator.  Being atheist is no different, from a belief based upon faith standpoint, than religion.  Neither side has proof that they are correct.  Both sides use various forms of hand waving to prove that they are correct.  Both sides base their correctness upon unprovable faith.  Atheism is based upon faith, which is the basis of most religions, thus atheism, in a way, is a religion of faith.

Yep.  Atheism is a belief (a set can contain one item) that the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe is not controlled by some godlike figure.

> 2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons

Yep.  Atheism is a fundamental belief (that there is no godlike figurehead) generally agreed upon by a number of persons.

Yep.  Atheism is a belief (again, sets can contain one item) with a practice of not following religious like ceremonies.

Nope.  No organized atheist monks, nuns, etc trying to spread atheism to the masses.

>  the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Nope.  No organized rituals to observe the faith.

... etc ...

Quote:

I don't really see that much difference between the two groups.  Is Rush really that different from Alex?  I don't listen to either of them, but from what I read from time to time, they both seem to be full of hot air.

It is interesting that the moral conservatives seem to have a lot of hate.  Is this real, or a bias in observation?  Is the hate that Al Sharpton spews any different than that hate that O'Reilly spews?  Are there more O'Reillys than Sharptons in the public eye?

:thumbup:

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Phred]
    #7858305 - 01/10/08 09:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Care to name some of these conservative blogs? My guess is I regularly read more blogs (conservative and liberal both) than pretty near anyone who posts on this forum and I have yet to come across a conservative blog claiming gays are trying to take over the US, or who call Obama Osama.

As for Lefties being "in bed" with crazy islamic terrorists, it is patently obvious that many on the Left root for terrorists over the West. I don't know if it's fair to categorize that rooting as "being in bed with", but I'm unsure how many conservative blogs actually categorize the Left's relationship with terrorists in those words anyway.

Phred

Michael Savage calls Obama, Osama. He is the only one I have heard do this though, and he is pretty ridiculous most of the time so...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #7858507 - 01/10/08 10:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I was curious to know the blogs as well. Angry lunacy seems to be much more a feature of the left (Daily Kos, Huffington's post; see how easy it is to cite examples). So, KOTT, let's have them. Or is this just going to be your usual blowing it out your ass routine?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#7858517 - 01/10/08 10:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Michael Savage has a blog?

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7858525 - 01/10/08 10:23 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

Which is a belief.  Like it or not, atheism is the belief that there is no creator.  Being atheist is no different, from a belief based upon faith standpoint, than religion.  Neither side has proof that they are correct.  Both sides use various forms of hand waving to prove that they are correct.  Both sides base their correctness upon unprovable faith.  Atheism is based upon faith, which is the basis of most religions, thus atheism, in a way, is a religion of faith.

Yep.  Atheism is a belief (a set can contain one item) that the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe is not controlled by some godlike figure.

Yep.  Atheism is a fundamental belief (that there is no godlike figurehead) generally agreed upon by a number of persons.

Yep.  Atheism is a belief (again, sets can contain one item) with a practice of not following religious like ceremonies.

Nope.  No organized atheist monks, nuns, etc trying to spread atheism to the masses.

>  the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Nope.  No organized rituals to observe the faith.

... etc ...

Quote:

I don't really see that much difference between the two groups.  Is Rush really that different from Alex?  I don't listen to either of them, but from what I read from time to time, they both seem to be full of hot air.

It is interesting that the moral conservatives seem to have a lot of hate.  Is this real, or a bias in observation?  Is the hate that Al Sharpton spews any different than that hate that O'Reilly spews?  Are there more O'Reillys than Sharptons in the public eye?

:thumbup:

Love this post.

Love it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #7858581 - 01/10/08 10:36 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

a lot of conservative blogs are really angry

first i read all these crazy conspriacy theories they espouse about gays trying to "Takeover" the US.. then they try to pretend somehow the left is in bed with crazy islamic terrorists. even though the islamic terrorist and govts are by definition conservative. most of these blogs all think its really funny to call obama, "osama".....

kott when you start these posts are you drunk? or do you just get drunk on your own words......

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSillyButtons
Naughty Santa
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Pole
    #7858714 - 01/10/08 11:03 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Michael Savage is an unhinged lunatic. Plus, he gives interviews to people that have seen aliens humping Hillary. Art Bell was another class act in the 90's. I don't know if he is still broadcasting from his bunker or if the guys in the black helicopters got him.  :tinfoil:  :shiftyeyes:  :tinfoil:

--------------------
Travel on the cheap. Be a cultural ambassador. Spend the night on a stranger's couch!

www.couchsurfing.com

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#7859564 - 01/10/08 01:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

one blog is www.moonbattery.com

also for you to say many on the left root for the terrorists over the west. is unfounded, and absolutely the stupidest thing you have ever said. I almost thought you were above such ridiculous stupidity. In this country anyone I know on the left cant stand religious conservatives. We dont like Islamic religious conservatives or homegrown Christian lunatic conservatives. At least right now the Christian is right is less conservative than the Muslims (which they would change if they could, hear them say it in their own words in the movie; "Jesus Camp"). On the left we always like to see the least conservative group triumph. Right now that happens to be the people in charge of our country.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#7859612 - 01/10/08 01:49 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

another one is http://www.freerepublic.com/

guy who isnt an american and has never been is sitting in the dominican republic.. owning and running a sweatshop... thinks he can make judgments like that about people in america

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#7859650 - 01/10/08 01:55 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
We dont like Islamic religious conservatives or homegrown Christian lunatic conservatives.

speaking of lunatic Christians have you checked out Obamas Christian racist church???

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

Commitment to God Commitment to the Black Community Commitment to the Black Family Dedication to the Pursuit of Education Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence Adherence to the Black Work Ethic Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness" Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System. The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION. A congregation preaching SALVATION. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA. A congregation committed to LIBERATION. A congregation committed to RESTORATION. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

obama goes to this Church and is a Presidential Candidate???

Replace Obama with an all-white candidate and change all the instances of the word "black" on this webpage to "white" and we have a candidate that couldn't get elected dogcatcher in any community in America.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7859727 - 01/10/08 02:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lone said: Replace Obama with an all-white candidate and change all the instances of the word "black" on this webpage to "white" and we have a candidate that couldn't get elected dogcatcher in any community in America.

I did just that in the following and yup, Obama is a racist/black supremest if he goes to that church!!!

read it now-

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly White and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the White religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are a European people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of modern civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of immigration, the days of industrialism, and the long night of corporatism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a White worship service and ministries which address the White Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the White Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These White Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Whites are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

Commitment to God Commitment to the White Community Commitment to the White Family Dedication to the Pursuit of Education Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence Adherence to the White Work Ethic Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness" Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System. The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION. A congregation preaching SALVATION. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO EUROPE. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF EUROPEAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA. A congregation committed to LIBERATION. A congregation committed to RESTORATION. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7859797 - 01/10/08 02:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I've never heard of moonbattery and freerepublic is one I have heard of but only when cited by leftards. I believe their fans are called freepers. Anyway, where's the anger? I scrolled through a few posts and didn't see any particular vituperativeness or high dudgeon.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7859865 - 01/10/08 02:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I did see this at freerepublic:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1951619/posts

Quote:

Evidently Chuck Schumer isn't the ratings magnet Savage thought he was. I wonder if Savage is contributing to Democratic campaigns again, like he did with Jerry Brown when he gave him over $5,000.

I don't think they much care for Michael Savage over there, Syle.

So, KOTT, you said they were angry. Like they said in the movie, "Show me the anger!"

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7859940 - 01/10/08 02:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i don't really read conservative blogs, but on the radio, michael savage (who I generally like) and Oreiliy do seem to be pissy quite a bit, denouncing the gays, the liberals, its all a liberal conspiracy, et cet.

From when this area had liberal talk radio, they seemed much nicer and certainly less concerned w/ a person's private affairs.

But whatever, doesn't really matter anyways, just saying on the radio I definatly hear the conservatives (and the callers) to be angry and having an "us against them" mentality.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#7859991 - 01/10/08 02:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, freerepublic.com isn't even a blog. Secondly, I've never heard of moonbattery.com. Seriously -- I am not making this up. Perhaps the reason I have never heard of it is that according to Sitemeter it gets a piddling 5,000 hits a day. Big whoop.

Quote:

also for you to say many on the left root for the terrorists over the west. is unfounded, and absolutely the stupidest thing you have ever said.

If that's the stupidest thing I've ever said, then I'm a freaking genius.

Anyone who spends any amount of time reading Leftie blogs and websites will soon notice that many Lefties do indeed root for the terrorists. This is surely no new and startling revelation to you, KOtT, since I presume you as a Leftie read Leftie sites.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#7860045 - 01/10/08 03:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

guy who isnt an american and has never been is sitting in the dominican republic.. owning and running a sweatshop... thinks he can make judgments like that about people in america

I don't need to be in America to read American political commentary. We actually do have internet access here in the Dominican Republic, you know. And I need hardly point out that "many on the left" does not equal "American Lefties". Nor does "the West" equal "America". Or maybe I do need to point it out.... for you.

As for making judgments from afar, you've never been to the Dominican Republic. Yet you judge I own and run a sweatshop. As it turns out, I don't own one, have never owned one, don't run one, and have never run one. Regular readers of this forum will not be astonished to see you once again batting .000.

Your rare visits to this forum are occasions of much genuine mirth and merriment to the regular denizens of the forum -- and mirth and merriment are often in short supply in these grim times. Accordingly, I will seize this opportunity to implore you to drop by more often.

Phred

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7860100 - 01/10/08 03:14 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

What grim times? Life has never been better.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#7860142 - 01/10/08 03:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

show me leftie blogs where you see them "rooting" for terrorists. or are happy when us soldiers die. back up your statment..

oh an free repbub http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1950424/posts
there is some anger
"Caption these liberals, protesting an Indiana amendment to ban same-sex marriage (barf alert)"

i love how after all the conservative fags they have busted, neocons STILL try and pretend all gays are liberal! what about bathroom cruiser larry craig, ted haggard or the florida congressman who was busted courting a 16yr old buy?? or shit, what about "log cabin republicans"? i love the fear mongering the neocon news/blog sites try to use. "ohhh look at all the liberal gays!! only liberals are gay!! voting for democrats turns you gay!!!"

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#7860179 - 01/10/08 03:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

"Your rare visits to this forum are occasions of much genuine mirth and merriment to the regular denizens of the forum -- and mirth and merriment are often in short supply in these grim times. Accordingly, I will seize this opportunity to implore you to drop by more often."

:smile:nice

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (01/10/08 03:35 PM)

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#7860332 - 01/10/08 04:10 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

Phred said:

Phred

Michael Savage calls Obama, Osama. He is the only one I have heard do this though, and he is pretty ridiculous most of the time so...

to those talking about Savage...trust me, i know he is a batshit crazy talk show host. i wasn't condoning what he said about Obama, i was just pointing out that he was a conservative person that I have heard say what KOTT was talking about. sorry for the confusion.

--------------------

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

#7861496 - 01/10/08 08:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

As both a Democrat and a Liberal I can honestly say I have never met or talked to a Democrat or Liberal who "Roots" for terrorists EVER. I have met people who have supported both financially and spiritually the blowing up of abortion clinics and hospitals who were Conservative and republican. I have never seen a group of liberals beat to death a person for being straight, but I have met people who have personally been attacked and/or had property been destroyed because they were atheist or gay.

I have heard on the radio and tv regular comments about the gay agenda and the culture war the "gays" were wageing on America.

I am sure people will bring up PETA or other groups which have done property or physical damage to counter my point, but I have never met one who has blown up something or met one who has been injured by one. Nor would I or the VAST majority of liberals even consider these people and organizations liberal, despite how their clearly misguided principals lead them to vote.

Furthermore, I regularly read daily kos and a variety of other blogs, and although many rant about the growing fascism that is spreading in the USA all of the main blogers are finding ways to win people back to reasonable government and sound policy; not destroying America.

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Smackshadow]
    #7861587 - 01/10/08 08:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smackshadow said:
As both a Democrat and a Liberal I can honestly say I have never met or talked to a Democrat or Liberal who "Roots" for terrorists EVER. I have met people who have supported both financially and spiritually the blowing up of abortion clinics and hospitals who were Conservative and republican. I have never seen a group of liberals beat to death a person for being straight, but I have met people who have personally been attacked and/or had property been destroyed because they were atheist or gay.

I have heard on the radio and tv regular comments about the gay agenda and the culture war the "gays" were wageing on America.

I am sure people will bring up PETA or other groups which have done property or physical damage to counter my point, but I have never met one who has blown up something or met one who has been injured by one. Nor would I or the VAST majority of liberals even consider these people and organizations liberal, despite how their clearly misguided principals lead them to vote.

Furthermore, I regularly read daily kos and a variety of other blogs, and although many rant about the growing fascism that is spreading in the USA all of the main blogers are finding ways to win people back to reasonable government and sound policy; not destroying America.

i have personally seen some horrible things said and done on my college campus from both students AND professors towards religous student. and every case that i was witness to, they were completely unprovoked. i don't doubt your personal experiences whatsoever, but i am just writing this to show that it goes both ways, specially in reference to the topic of this thread.

--------------------

OfflineSmackshadow

#7861893 - 01/10/08 09:26 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i have personally seen some horrible things said and done on my college campus from both students AND professors towards religious student. and every case that i was witness to, they were completely unprovoked. i don't doubt your personal experiences whatsoever, but i am just writing this to show that it goes both ways, specially in reference to the topic of this thread.

I do not doubt that liberals and conservatives have had spats or that liberals have not done some pretty mean things.  I know that we have suffered injury on both sides, but that does not make it right to continue to do these things. 

As far as my experiences have been "conservative blogs have been very angry"  Even during the six years that they were in control of our entire federal government they seemed to me as angry, and they continue to be so now, but now they have a little more reason to be up set.;)

In order to work together to make our country better we need to put aside the nonconstructive name calling, like osama, or Goldberg's "what does W stand for" and get on to real issues. ALIMO

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#7861909 - 01/10/08 09:28 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smackshadow said:
Quote:

i have personally seen some horrible things said and done on my college campus from both students AND professors towards religious student. and every case that i was witness to, they were completely unprovoked. i don't doubt your personal experiences whatsoever, but i am just writing this to show that it goes both ways, specially in reference to the topic of this thread.

I do not doubt that liberals and conservatives have had spats or that liberals have not done some pretty mean things. I know that we have suffered injury on both sides, but that does not make it right to continue to do these things.

As far as my experiences have been "conservative blogs have been very angry" Even during the six years that they were in control of our entire federal government they seemed to me as angry, and they continue to be so now, but now they have a little more reason to be up set.;)

In order to work together to make our country better we need to put aside the nonconstructive name calling, like osama, or Goldberg's "what does W stand for" and get on to real issues. ALIMO

or King George.

--------------------

OfflineSmackshadow

#7862042 - 01/10/08 09:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ouch so you caught me, I never said that i was infallible. In fairness King George makes a lot more sense than Osama Obama thing. I mean he said he was the decider, and that he wouldn't mind living in a dictatorship if he was the dictator, which does suggest that the title fits.

I guess my point was we should try to work one real issues rather than digging up minor past infractions or other trivial matters to discredit a dialogue.

--------------------

~H. L. Mencken~

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#7862112 - 01/10/08 09:55 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smackshadow said:
Ouch so you caught me, I never said that i was infallible. In fairness King George makes a lot more sense than Osama Obama thing. I mean he said he was the decider, and that he wouldn't mind living in a dictatorship if he was the dictator, which does suggest that the title fits.

I guess my point was we should try to work one real issues rather than digging up minor past infractions or other trivial matters to discredit a dialogue.

fair enough. i wasn't trying to start shit, i said "king george" in more of a general way, not towards you. i just get tired of the double standard and libs/lefties always painting themselves as the victims.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: johnm214]
    #7863663 - 01/11/08 05:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

As for Lefties being "in bed" with crazy islamic terrorists, it is patently obvious that many on the Left root for terrorists over the West.

Unless you have some proof of mainstream liberal blogs believing this, I'm going to have to call bullshit. Also, I'd like you to show that those blogs are representative of liberals in general if you are going to made such broad claims.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Redstorm]
    #7863677 - 01/11/08 05:46 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sigh. Redstorm, I have pointed out here before on many occasions that "Lefties" is not equivalent to "Libbies". Of course there are liberals who don't root for the terrorists over the West. But there are undeniably Lefties who do.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7863706 - 01/11/08 06:04 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> I have pointed out here before on many occasions that "Lefties" is not equivalent to "Libbies".

Why is it so difficult (for me at least) to separate these two groups? I know that they are different, yet in my mind, they tend to be the same. One of those mistakes I catch myself making more often than I would care to admit.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7865865 - 01/11/08 04:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, whatever.

Now show me that a large portion of "lefties" root for the terrorist? How much is many? 10, 100, 1000?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7866071 - 01/11/08 05:24 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> I have pointed out here before on many occasions that "Lefties" is not equivalent to "Libbies".

Why is it so difficult (for me at least) to separate these two groups? I know that they are different, yet in my mind, they tend to be the same. One of those mistakes I catch myself making more often than I would care to admit.

what's the difference?

leftie means liberals and socialists or what? Lefties can be for wealth redistribution in addition to liberal social policy/ law?

is that what you and phred mean?

I don't get it

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #7866229 - 01/11/08 06:01 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.nicedoggie.net/2007/

This guy is a paragon of wit. He refers to the global warming "myth" as "global wormening" and to muslims as "mooselimbs," which is completely hilarious for all of the wrong reasons (see: not clever at all).

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: it stars saddam]
    #7866784 - 01/11/08 08:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah just another example...conservative blogs are much less clever and waaay more angry than liberal ones. i guess that is because most creative people and good comedians are liberal. here is a line from the above blog "a liberal bleeding heart fuckstick to crawl out from under his rock so he could stroke his holier-than-thou, hyperinflated ego in public." :lol: maybe they are so angry because they are so uncreative and slow. shit look at their entertainment, nascar, church, country music and larry the cable guy. it all sucks ballsacks

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: johnm214]
    #7868092 - 01/12/08 03:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

> what's the difference?

Liberal is more an "down/up": liberal vs authoritative where "left/right" tends to be socialist vs conservative. I think. (Please correct me where I am wrong.)

--------------------

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #7868227 - 01/12/08 07:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

wouldn't you say that liberals are usually against the status quo, whatever that may be (right or left)?

Edited by Arp (01/12/08 07:34 AM)

Offlinerexmundi
Stranger

Re: a lot of conservative blogs are really angry [Re: Arp]
    #7868303 - 01/12/08 08:17 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

America is hopeless.

The whole country was founded on early liberal values and look at the quagmire that the discourse has devolved to.

What would the founding fathers think? Some city on the hill.

--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine

Fuck the system.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder