Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia!
    #7850094 - 01/08/08 08:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

every time i smoke it i am in awe at what happens yet i am severely uncomfortable and want it to be over quickly. This fact is alleviated when i get really stoned first, and nitrous tends to take the edge off a bad salvia trip. I hear drinking first helps too.

Anyways i've been interested in trying to breakthrough but if i dont like the salvia experience, am i going to hate the breakthrough or does it eventually transcend that bad feeling into something beyond good or bad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #7850142 - 01/08/08 08:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I used to feel the same way, but yea once you fully break through the shitty feeling does go away for the most part. Either that or you just forget about it. The taste sucks, i feel all sweaty and just generally uncomfortable if i don't break through all the way.

Personally i do like drinking beforehand as it takes away some of my anxiety towards the experience, because quite frankly it's pretty intense when you get a strong break through.

I had a tough time breaking through for a long long while. Finally i realized that the best way to do it (for me) is using the 20x standardized from iamshaman through a bong with a regular bic lighter. Two large hits, held in for as long as possible and i'm in a whole other world.

The best part is that it's a completely new experience every time, greatly dependent on your set and setting. The afterglow makes you feel really amazing too, its like you just survived this decade long psychedelic adventure, even though the bulk of the experience is usually over within 5-10 minutes.

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: opensaysme]
    #7850154 - 01/08/08 08:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

thanks thats comforting to know. Do you know of any ways to get rid of the bad uncomfortable body buzz? maybe some good music would help.

OfflineRichii
Modern DayPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #7850195 - 01/08/08 08:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I get the exact same feeling. AFAIK, there is no way to overcome it, it happens every time I smoke salvia leaf.

Instead, get a strong extract. This will cause you to break through quicker and you won't have time to notice the uncomfortable feeling salvia causes.

Offlinebiospun
homo sapien
Female User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Richii]
    #7850237 - 01/08/08 08:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yah, richii is right, make or buy an extract, at least 10X, better to get 20X. Then you have to smoke it really quickly to breakthrough. hotbox a joint, hit a straight shooter by yourself and hold in each hit as long as possible. or even make a gravity bong. but you have to get it in your system quickly to break through.
also, you need to be in a very dark place. light can overpower the visual "hallucinations."
and don't think about your body. this trip is an astral projection. your body should be somewhere comfortable enought that you won't be frieked out if you can't move for the few minutes that the breakthrough lasts.
but don't be scared of the breakthrough, its a mind-expanding experience. and it only lasts a fews minutes. doing it where none of your friends can interrupt the experience is better too.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: biospun]
    #7851776 - 01/09/08 12:50 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Heroin....

I've always wanted to be a junkie but I can't stand the mess of needles and cotton. Suggestions?

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Crasher]
    #7851998 - 01/09/08 01:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have this problem too. I haven't smoked salvia in many months because although it's a rather mind-boggling trip, about two times out of three it's also filled with discomfort and a weird vague anxiety. I end up in other places, but they're not always nice places. It's quite fascinating but the discomfort always deters me. I figure I'm just not mature enough yet, in one way or another, to truly reap the benefits of salvia, so I keep going back to give it a shot every once in a while. I figure one of these days I'll meet the goddess I keep hearing about.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (01/09/08 01:45 AM)

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7852593 - 01/09/08 07:34 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you've never broken through and you already feel uncomfortable with salvia, then you aren't missing much.

Offlinekillerthc
Memories
Male

Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Robo]
    #7852635 - 01/09/08 08:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

First time i broke through i passed out from laughing and couldn't remember anything from the time i took the hit to the time i wok up on the floor (about 5 mins) this was with 3 other people but we hotboxed a shed so we were all stonned and they didn't notice i passed out...... it was really scaring me at first cuz i couldn't get up and i thought i was in a grocery store in a shopping cart...... i also dislike the felling like your drooling..... we got it all on tape..... only problem my friend was to stonned to tape anything but his hands and the floor..... oh well these are good times :laugh:

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: killerthc]
    #7852704 - 01/09/08 09:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea it can be a real shocker to the brain because you go from sober to tripping balls in seconds, and it's very different from a mushroom or acid trip.

It's very possible to overdue it with some of the extracts and when you do, blackouts can occur. Take it slow if you're using an extract and get a feel for your sensitivity before you go balls to the wall.

I always get anxiety before my salvia trips, even the best ones. It's nothing to really worry about, i expect it actually. But i usually deal with it by drinking some beers or smoking some dank before i go to sally land. Eases my nerves....

Invisiblemaggotz

#7853134 - 01/09/08 11:16 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

it's insanely beautiful. disturbingly familiar. profoundly pleasant.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: maggotz]
    #7853204 - 01/09/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

salvia is the strangest psychedelic in my opinion.. a long time ago I had the most intense trip EVER from salvia, frightening even, but I still learned from the experience... what happened was after taking 2 hits, I was pulled back into the wall and I actually turned into the soul of the wall, I was scared shitless! but after a minute or so I came back to reality and remembered I had smokes saliva! So I lay against the steps and look down at my body, which were in the shape of the steps! after that I was turned off to salvia for a while.but lately Ive tried it since and every experience after was great. But I learned my lesson.... Dont turn into a wall... turn into a tree or something :tongue:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: danlennon3]
    #7853225 - 01/09/08 11:40 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i love it when i forget i smoked salvia. when there is nothing before that moment and you're asking yourself "what am i? where am i? what the fuck!?!?".

kind of like in the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy movie when the whale comes to existence in the sky and is just free falling.

and then after a while you're very aware of the roof of your mouth. and it tastes like salvia. :tongue:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#7853276 - 01/09/08 11:55 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My experience with salvia the first time was a big breakthrough because I was able to smoke the leaves just right through a bong. It took three tries but it worked. IT was an interesting experience

however I did some extract a few times and had different results, it often gives me that unpleasant high sort a feeling, and I think I just have too much anxiety when I do it now.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #7853500 - 01/09/08 12:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Would you say breaking through on bong-smoked leaves reduces the unpleasant side effects?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7853806 - 01/09/08 01:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ya last time i did salvia i dosed just under breakthru dose
and i got all the negative feelings
and i decided to only dose really high from now on because then u get all the positive feelings without the negative
unless of course u have a bad trip, but i wont =)

--------------------

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia.... want to breakthrough but i just don't like salvia! [Re: Coaster]
    #7854312 - 01/09/08 03:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the advice all, and maggotz i'm glad you mentioned the roof of your mouth thing because theres something odd about my mouth every time i smoke it but i can't quite put my finger on it.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7854679 - 01/09/08 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i actually prefer to do salvia when im sober, or maybe just a little stoned. Ive mixed it with nitrous, alcohol, shrooms, and a few other nasty things... but still, doing it on a clear mind is always best for me. I get the most out of it.

It still scares the shit out of me to this day, and I've been doing it for almost 10 years now.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract