Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: ManianFH]
    #7848366 - 01/08/08 02:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mickdawg666 said:
yup, thats who u are, changing for her willl cause problems in the long run, because its not who u are; ans this probably wont be the only thing she ever asks you to change

You're right.

You smoke weed.
You.
She loves you (well I hope).
So, she should understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: grimR]
    #7849359 - 01/08/08 05:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

sorry sounds like this bitch is dumb if you have explained and she wont listen tell her if she doesnt like it thats to bad.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7849426 - 01/08/08 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

well if she disreguards your case, then im gunna have to go with the default response...
of dry smash her pooper.
thatll teach her.

but really, i know what youre going through, my girl doesnt like psychedelics at all, and doesnt like me doing them. shes never done them, or even seen someone on that kind of drug, but still she is steadfast in her opinion that tripping is bad. shes not very smart, but at least she blazes with me.

maybe you should find a girl who will blaze with you, i mean your not married to the girl right? youre young, act like it. or tell your girl to fuck herself. either one

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Loc: on the left side
    #7849650 - 01/08/08 06:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

girls like that suck.
i had a girl like that once.
i couldn't smoke when she was around.
she was a bitch.
so i dry smashed her shit box.

--------------------
Never go with a hippy to a second location.

InvisibleDontPlay
Yeah Science!
Male

Loc: On Land most of the time....
    #7849665 - 01/08/08 06:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

In high school I went through this like 4 times. I always dated the girls who were cute but didn't do drugs. So long story short im not with any of those girls lol.

--------------------
My Trade List

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. 
    Hunter S. Thompson

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
~Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleCivilizedAnimal
A Fucking Ninja

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: DontPlay]
    #7849691 - 01/08/08 06:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

my chick for the longest time had a prob with me growing mushies, but as soon as i told her i would hook her up for FREE she didn't have a problem. LOL. i told her that as soon as my first flush is done we will take a trip out to the beach and have a good O' time.

--------------------
LONG LIVE THE ROOSTER

OfflineAgave
Stranger

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: CivilizedAnimal]
    #7852041 - 01/09/08 02:00 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Did she know that you smoked before you guys started going out? If so then you should explain to her that this activity has been grandfathered in :smile:lol. My old roomate was/is in a situation just like this with his girl. He used to smoke multiple times a day, but when he started dating her he lied to her and said he only smoked like twice a year and didn't care about it at all. When she moved in, he had to give away all his pipes/bongs so she wouldn't find them. Once he started the cycle of comprimising his life so she would approve, she started to walk all over him. It doesn't sound like your situation is at this point yet. but trust me, you don't want it to go there! I would hit the net and print out enough FACTUAL info so that any reasonable person could see that what you're doing is not harmful. I see one of three things coming from this: 1) she completly ignores factual scientific evidence, and stubournly sticks to some moronic reason like one joint is equal to twenty cigarettes, or a FOAFOAF died from a weed overdose so you can't smoke. 2) She'll accept the evidence as valid, but still won't want you to smoke b/c of something like she's worried about the law, or it makes you lazy. 3) She'll hear some info that puts her fears to rest and doesn't mind you smoking any more. Most likely it'll be 1 or 2, but if it's 1, you have yourself a huge red flag. If this is the case,then would bet there'll be many more ultimatems in store for you down the road... Whatever you end up doing. just make sure that you aren't comprimising yourself to appease her. You'll end up resenting her, and will either have a shitty relationship or end up dumping her.

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7853463 - 01/09/08 12:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
If they are cake in this context, you know what they say about cake.

Heartfelt, honest Conversation intertwined with CARE:heart:ful deciscion making might be the only way forawrd with this, methinks.

Any more info that might help?

You obviously will not be able to have your cake and eat it too..

my girlfriend is like this as well but I realize that my love for her is more permanent then the high I achieve when smoking pot.

When you weigh the two out, my girlfriend can bring me more happiness then weed does and I realized that after a long time.

Smokin bud with your buddies is great, but at some point in your life you realize there is more to life then smoking weed before anything you do. It's like getting older and some things just aren't as fun as when you were a kid, like playing with legos..

You don't have to quit smoking weed to be with her, just cut back and make it a social thing when your at parties or a on-occasion thing that you do when she's busy. It won't kill her to not tell her when you do it occasionally but if she asks don't lie..

You gotta look at this and weigh out your feeligns and your pros and cons with weed and your gf.

I love smoking weed, probably one of my favorite things in the world.

But I love my girlfriend more and she doesn't like how I am when  I do it and I respect that by not doing it.

For me, the effects of marijuana, although wonderful, are not worth promoting problems in my relationship. I can smoke weed recreationally once in a great while and just keep it to myself, but I stay away from making it a habit and you know what man..thigns are better that way.

My gf is happy, My dick is happy, and smoking weed is alot more fun when you only do it once or twice here and there.

The choice is yours.

--------------------

Invisiblebinarycircuit
Stranger
    #7853971 - 01/09/08 02:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Dont change yourself for her (or anyone else) or you may wake up one day and not like who you've become.

My .02c...

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: binarycircuit]
    #7854124 - 01/09/08 02:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My GF finally decided to be more open about drugs.

Previously she smoked a bit of weed and rarely did mush but now she wants to try acid so she can really know if she will not like it or will.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: F1234K]
    #7854131 - 01/09/08 02:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

TELL HER TO BE A MAN!  FUCKIN SMOKE!  :gethigh:

OfflineTwiggs
paintballa
Male User Gallery

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #7854144 - 01/09/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

f that!

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Twiggs]
    #7856253 - 01/09/08 09:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Tell her you respect her choice not to smoke by not doing it around her, and she should respect your choice to smoke.

--------------------

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: citricacidx]
    #7856661 - 01/09/08 10:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

man that thought occurs to me alot and i feel the same as the majority on here.

My drug use is my lifestyle choice, if my girlfriend wanted me to stop i would refuse and then if we broke up its HER fault for being a shallow bitch.

Honestly man if she cares about you at all and if she has ANY respect for your own intellect she will realize that you obviously have good reasons for doing this.

If not you will certainly run into disagreements later on down the road and will wish you broke it off with her when the warning bells first started going off

Also, if you are into tripping and shit, NOT having a girlfiend that will trip with you and you are missing out on probably the most optimal trip situation, and some fantastic times with someone you care about that will never happen because she obviously would never do that.

Edited by TheHauntingSoul (01/09/08 10:41 PM)

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #7857180 - 01/09/08 11:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea gf's really have no right to complain as long as it is not effecting the relationship (aka heroin addict or something) or effecting how you live your life.

If you are a tripper...your a tripper, nothing will really change what you have seen or lock those doors once they have been opened.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

OfflineAzrah
Stranger

#7859443 - 01/10/08 01:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the information guys;the problem has been solved. As long as I don't smoke around her she is fine with it. Also she doesn't care if I trip, so I'm happy about that.

Joe~

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Azrah]
    #7861241 - 01/10/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So... she's ok with you expanding your mind.. but she's not ok with you smoking something that has been shown to kill of dead and dying cells in your lungs that could've potentially turned cancerous, thus lowering your risk of getting lung cancer?

--------------------

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: citricacidx]
    #7861381 - 01/10/08 08:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

women will never learn they can't change a man

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Azrah]
    #7861425 - 01/10/08 08:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Azrah said:
Thanks for all your opinions, she doesn't smoke or drink, so I can't really compare it to that. I always tell her information on it and she just disregards it. Even if the talk turns out me stop smoking pot. I will just smoke when I'm at the dorms and she's at her college, so I guess either way it will work out.

dude it sounds like we have the same gf
get away from my woman:crankey:

lol anyway, i started smoking while we were going out, and she really hates it (her father was a stoner and he was abusive, so she connotates the two together)

eventually, i wore down some of the baggage and propaganda through a: not becoming an asshole and b:wearing down on her with the fact that im going to smoke, and i dont want to lie to her as well as telling her the true facts about it in several long talks

she seems fine with other drugs as long as i can obtain them legally, (like growing dmt containing plants) ive agreed to confine my usage to the weekends and times i would otherwise just be sitting around bored as fuck, and ive also made a commitment to myself not to abuse her trust and become an addict

were 2 years now

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
Re: Girlfriend and Weed... [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #7862503 - 01/10/08 11:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
Quote:

Azrah said:
Thanks for all your opinions, she doesn't smoke or drink, so I can't really compare it to that. I always tell her information on it and she just disregards it. Even if the talk turns out me stop smoking pot. I will just smoke when I'm at the dorms and she's at her college, so I guess either way it will work out.

dude it sounds like we have the same gf
get away from my woman:crankey:

lol anyway, i started smoking while we were going out, and she really hates it (her father was a stoner and he was abusive, so she connotates the two together)

eventually, i wore down some of the baggage and propaganda through a: not becoming an asshole and b:wearing down on her with the fact that im going to smoke, and i dont want to lie to her as well as telling her the true facts about it in several long talks

she seems fine with other drugs as long as i can obtain them legally, (like growing dmt containing plants) ive agreed to confine my usage to the weekends and times i would otherwise just be sitting around bored as fuck, and ive also made a commitment to myself not to abuse her trust and become an addict

were 2 years now

:congrats:  You got your head on straight homie. You are a good guy I'm giving you 5 for this.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom