Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Personal Responsiblity
    #778907 - 07/26/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all,

I apologize profusely if this post does not come across well. I am drunk at the moment.

I was thinking about how liberals justify criminal behavior by minorities by proclaiming that their actions are motivated by rage and helplessness that is brought about by poverty. It is almost as if liberals think that minorities are not as responsible for their actions as white people are. To me this is the ultimate racism. To generalize a whole race(to fit their warped ideologies nonetheless) as being not capable of operating in the real world on equal footing, is absolutely racist. No matter what socio-economic group you belong to, you are responsible for your life and your actions.

To feel a need to give blacks or other minorities a "boost" (affirmative action, etc..) in order to "compete" in the real world is absolutely disgusting. If we are truly concerned about promoting equality, we should reward the merit and talent that a person exhibits and not their skin color.

White liberals seem to have a self-hating philosophy. They admonish their race, yet exalt other races. They view their race and their race's legacy as the ultimate evil. Yet the evil deeds of other races are glossed over in order to serve their distorted view of right and wrong, black and white, oppressors and oppressed.
You never hear about how a black man killed a white woman, on the news. But, when a white cop beats a black man, it gets on the news. If we are truly concerned about living in a color blind society, where all races are respected and treated equally, we white people should not think ourselves to be superior, but neither should we fawn over minorities to satisfy this perverted sense of guilt that we have. Let us focus on the here and the now. How can we make our society better NOW.

Stop viewing the world in black and white. Stop allowing yourself to be motivated and controlled by so-called liberal intellectual "elites" who are nothing more than misguided sophists who engage in esoteric and pedantic intellectual masturbation when they pontificate on their theories. Think for yourself. Do not absorb ideas from other people. Base your opinions and ideas on your own reasoning and your own experience. Do not be a slave to someone elses philosophy.

RandalFlagg

P.S. By the way, I have as much hatred for conservatives as I do for liberals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #779003 - 07/26/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Stop saying that these are all Liberal views... Yes perhaps Liberals of say TWENTY YEARS ago...

I consider myself a Liberal, however I agree with the majority of what you just said!

Modern day Liberals understand some of the fucked up stuff that we supported many years ago were big mistakes. Having said that Republicians have to now worry about getting there own house in order.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/26/02 08:37 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: Jammer]
    #779130 - 07/26/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhh, fuck the Republicans. Most of them are more concerned with political expediency than adhereing to any underlying principles (the same could be said of the loyal opposition). I support mostly Libertarians, at least they're consistent and they haven't sold their souls (yet).

OfflineJammer

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: ]
    #779258 - 07/26/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The one thing that I support the most with The Libertarian Party is there 100% drug legalzation policy.... However I still feel the need for a tad-bit bigger goverment than they endorse.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/26/02 08:42 PM)

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #779650 - 07/27/02 05:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why do we need more government than the Libertarian party endorses? I think that they still support to MUCH government involvment.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #779976 - 07/27/02 09:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"You never hear about how a black man killed a white woman, on the news"

what countries news are you watching man? I see tha kind of shit all the time on the news, but maybe thats just because i live in the south. As for the cops beating black people and calling them nigger as they beat them, I can see why thats on the news. It highlights a problem of racism. The fact that people just randomly stumble upon police officers beating black people in LA, and then happen to have a camcoder, makes you wonder how often that sort of thing goes on. Plus its a scandal sort of and the media loves that kind of thing. and its the cops who are frustrated and feeling hopeless when they have to patrol very poor high crime neighborhoods, most of the poor people adapt to those circumstances throughout life.

The other thing i wanna say is that, i dont think anyone justifys crime, but certain people can see the coreleation between crime and poverty. That includes white people because there are plenty of poor white people too.

As for affirmative action and all that other shit you said, i agree with you. People need to stop taking a ridiculous backwards ass approach to solving racism issues.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #780248 - 07/27/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

****White liberals seem to have a self-hating philosophy****

I refer to that as the "guilt-ridden white boy apologist" syndrome

liberals are silly.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineJammer

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: mr freedom]
    #780866 - 07/27/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

RE:"Why do we need more government than the Libertarian party endorses? I think that they still support to MUCH government involvment."

I feel that we do need an IRS and that we need too take care of our elderly and handycaped.

Do the Libertarians support this?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/27/02 06:26 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#781091 - 07/27/02 08:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

****we need too take care of our elderly****

Isn't that the job of themselves to prepare for retirement? Or is it my responsibility to pay for their irresponsibility?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineJammer

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: Innvertigo]
    #781113 - 07/27/02 08:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck it...

Just let the stupid elderly die then.

That will save many Tax$$.

Why were at it... why not let the handycaped pay for there own wheelchairs... that will save even more $$ for the "TAXPAYER". After all they aint working. (for the most part) - fuck'em, they didnt plan ahead.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/27/02 10:03 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #781301 - 07/28/02 12:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

why not let the handycaped pay for there own wheelchairs... that will save even more $$ for the "TAXPAYER". After all they aint working. (for the most part) - fuck'em, they didnt plan ahead.

To try and compare someone who is handicaped to someone who didn't plan for their own retirement is foolish at best.

It's not my problem to provide for those who didn't look out for themselves. It's not my problem to provide for those who didn't bother getting at least a decent education. It's not my problem to provide for those who are unemployed. It's not my problem to provide for teenagers who have babies.

If you want to donate your money to those causes, do so. I do not wish to.

And there should be no discrimination, which is what affirmative action is. There has been no slavery for somewhere in the area of 140 years. People both black and white need to get over it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/28/02 12:59 AM)

Offlinemadscientist
journeyman
    #781523 - 07/28/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Here in london being a racsist is like having the pague. It is the worst thing you can be, There is legislation against racists etc etc...........

Yet in predomiantely black areas there is shit and trash and urine and crime everywhere. Why is this? Sure black people are poor and have high unemployment but why. Its as easy as piss to get a job in London. Does it mean that because you are poor that you have to piss and shit everywhere and throw your trash over the street and rape and mugg people? I dont think so.

Those fucks who go on with their ultra-left knee-jerk liberalism should take a good hard look at the way things are.

No more of this assinine self-flagelation that lefties seem to revel in. Lets call a spade a spade! what the fuck is going on?!?!?!?!?!??????!!!!!!

--------------------
Instead of the dove as the symbol of peace we should have a pillow. Its got more feathers but doesnt have that nasty sharp beak......

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#781899 - 07/28/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just to put things in perspective, i never mentioned those that CAN NOT takes care of themselves.

If you don't prepare for retirement that is irresponsible...wasn't that the topic of this thread? or is it different for some others?

****fuck'em, they didnt plan ahead****

Just those that are able to take care of themselves..if you're in your 30's or approaching it and you have no sort of savings towards retirement then you're destined to be the one in need of my cash..ie: irresponsible

oh and relax and take a deep breath

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineJammer

#782997 - 07/28/02 09:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

RE: ""****fuck'em, they didnt plan ahead****"

I wish I could make myself think that... (kinda)

Bleeding Heart Liberials (like me) totaly support the people that get injured/diseased with no health insurance etc.. We want to help them. Some need too worry about how to pay for food while others acuse them of (non) Personal Responsiblity and wonder how there going to pay for there kiddies to go to the right school.

Money is a matter off who deserves it the most.

It's still up to vote in a Democracy.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/28/02 09:26 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #783568 - 07/29/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Jammer writes:

Bleeding Heart Liberials (like me) totaly support the people that get injured/diseased with no health insurance etc.. We want to help them.

No one is stopping you from helping them. You are totally free to spend as much of YOUR OWN money and time on them as you please. You are also totally free to spend your time and effort PERSUADING others to support you in your efforts. The key concept here is PERSUASION -- not FORCE.

Money is a matter off who deserves it the most.

Damn! There are SO many things wrong with that particular combination of ten words that I hardly know where to begin. It's one of the scariest sentences I've ever seen in this forum, and I've seen a lot of scary sentences here, believe me.

I am presuming the SENSE of the sentence was meant to be something like "Money should go to he who deserves it the most," or "Money belongs to he who deserve it the most".

You're right that these are not Liberal sentiments... they are Marxist sentiments. Actually, they are even WORSE than Marxist, since Marxism, ludicrous as it is, at least recognizes the necessity of work.

Who DESERVES a given $100 bill more? The one who produced it or the one who will spend it? The one who expended eight hours of time and effort to produce something of value which he then traded for that $100, or the one who spent eight hours parked in front of a TV and the only effort expended was the 2 calories required to hold his hand out to accept the bill?

It seems we now have the "Liberal" answer to that question.

Wealth does not fall into our laps without effort (unless, apparently, "Liberals" are running the show). The laws of reality require (yes, REQUIRE) that wealth must be brought into existence through productive human effort. That is not open to debate. All that is left to decide is WHOSE effort supports WHOSE existence.

Apparently the "Liberal" decision is that the effort of the producers must be used to support the parasites.

And that brings us to another very scary sentence:

It's still up to vote in a Democracy.

Ah. The typical "Liberal" justification for all violations of human rights -- the tyranny of the sacred "Majority". Whatever happens to be the trendiest answer on the "America Today" Poll of the Day becomes the law of the land. If the majority wants it, then it MUST be the Right Thing To Do.

It's statements like this that led the Founding Fathers to expend so much time, effort, and outright ingenuity to set up the United States of America not as a Democracy, but as a Constitutionally delimited Republic.

No matter how many people vote to re-institute slavery, the Constitution forbids it. No matter how many people vote to make rape legal, the Constitution forbids it.

The topic of this post is "Personal Responsibility". While I recognize that there are some individuals who are incapable of supporting themselves through no fault of their own, I do not recognize the Liberal "truism" that it is therefore MY responsibility to support them. If I choose to do so, fine. If I am persuaded to do so, also fine. If I am FORCED to do so, not fine. It may not be their fault that they can't support themselves, but it is CERTAINLY not MY fault. I have done nothing to bring about their misfortune.

Just so that I am not flamed (for the hundredth time) for espousing such a "cruel and heartless" truth, let me state yet again, for the record, that I personally VOLUNTARILY routinely give both financial and other assistance to those less well off than I -- in actual fact, probably quite a bit more than most of you would believe. But that is totally irrelevant to the points I am making here. The points would be every bit as true if I never gave a peso in my entire life, and I don't use my own philanthropy as JUSTIFICATION for those points.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: Phred]
    #783622 - 07/29/02 07:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Should I post my "Tyranny of the Majority" essay again?
Perhaps, considering your words I won't have to but I am willing to post it again for those that don't understand what "Tyranny of the Majority" means.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #783629 - 07/29/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

We had NO need of the IRS for over a century, why should we possibly have need of it now? Perhaps, if we ELIMINATED the "SLAVE" tax, the elderly and infirmed family's would have the resources to take care of thier own.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: Phred]
    #784560 - 07/29/02 03:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Great post...that's what i was getting at with my abbreviated responses...

I have a 401k, 2 seperate mutual funds and some stocks in preparing for my retirement. When i originally opened up my account in my young 20's i could only afford $100 a month (if that). I knew that it was up to me to prepare for retirement ie: responsibility.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#784762 - 07/29/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Don't you want the big nanny state to take care of poor little Innvertigo?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Personal Responsiblity [Re: ]
    #784777 - 07/29/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

as long as that nanny puts out i might consider it..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (07/29/02 05:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder