Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: nezshoo]
    #788146 - 07/31/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Funny, all the people who end up killing someone while driving intoxicated have the same opinion (before they kill someone).

Edited by Evolving (07/31/02 10:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #788451 - 07/31/02 12:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

nezshoo just because you got away with it before doesn't mean you will always be able to trip and drive successfully. It's only a matter of time before you either end up getting yourself killed or kill someone else. I hope you would only trip and drive as a last resort. I admit I have. It is scary as fuck and very hard to maintain because I did't have any tints on my windows and a cop was stoped next to me at a red light looking over me with a big grin on my face it scared the shit out of me and I will never do it again unless it is an emergency.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#788533 - 07/31/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm, I'mn having doubts that some people here have ever taken a decent dose of shrooms. See a hallucinogen causes Halucinations
Not sure how your able to drive when you can barley see past the visuals. BAD idea.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Edited by sir tripsalot (07/31/02 01:11 PM)

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #788581 - 07/31/02 01:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No shit man, I cant see past 2 fuckin feet in front of me when im trippin. Just looks like a big pixelated video game. I have had to drive on acid before, but I did it as a last resort and waited till I was coming down, but I will never ever do that shit again Ive seen to many people get killed in car accidents.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Hashbury]
    #788665 - 07/31/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Driving while on shrooms has got to be one of the greatest experiences ever, though it depends on how much you have. I'm able to drive on anything though, except weed (weird isn't it). The best part about shrooms is that I am always aware of my capabilities, if I'm too fucked up to drive, I'll realize it.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Anonymous]
    #788769 - 07/31/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to drive while tripping, get a sober driver to drive you around.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Sheepish]
    #788835 - 07/31/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Good idea Sheepish. That has never come to mind before. I'm sure it'd be fun but the hard part is finding the sober person to do it. peace

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #789195 - 07/31/02 06:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That really wasn't nescessary leafblowaz. I respect your point of view, mine differs. I can drive when I'm fucked up. I have driven on almost every substance I've ever consumed, and I, as well as the people aound me, (including the sober ones) trust my ability to do so. There have been times where I new I was too far gone to get in a car, during those times driving really does not appeal to me. I would sooner sleep in a ditch than drive during those moments.

I have not driven anywhere while fucked up in quite a long time, nor do I plan on doing it ever again. Point is, I know I can do it, I've done it before, and I enjoyed it.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Chikhai]
    #789508 - 07/31/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, well ok then.

Friiiiiiip.

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: ]
    #790193 - 08/01/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If your driving home while coming down thats different i mean if its been 8-12 hours or so I've dont that before ...I have also drove tripping balls and hated it like someone said earlier in this post things are messed up and every white car looks like a cop....To me that shit is'nt cool at all .Ever have a cop shine a spot light in your face from far away while your sitting in a park at a picinic table at 4a.m.?trippin balls...I hate cops!!!!

Edited by ShroomlessInOkla (08/01/02 08:13 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: UFOz8MyGoat]
    #790263 - 08/01/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>"Ever have a cop shine a spot light in your face from far away while your sitting in a park at a picinic table at 4a.m.?trippin balls..."<

Well, uhhh, yeah. Of course. I've also been the cop shinning the light at the table but I don't think that has much to do with driving while intoxicated.

(Starts rapping on shroomokies head with his night stick).

Edited by leafblowerz (08/01/02 08:53 AM)

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #790442 - 08/01/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Bad idea! I dont care what you say or how good you truely are at driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Not that you could possibly drive just as good while under the influence as you are driving sober. Even if you are the best driver tripping - what if someone else hits you? Then your at the scene of an accident tripping and even if it wasnt your fault your still gonna get in trouble. If you dont get in trouble that would NOT be fun! People who drive under the influence of anything piss me off. They always claim they drive BETTER. Their are so many things that could go wrong besides you screwing up and hurting someone else. Even a poped tire - changing it a cop could pull up and start talking to you.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #790490 - 08/01/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Then how are alcoholics ever supposed to get anywhere? I say if your constantly under the influence of the substance every day then it would be okay to drive under it. At least with weed.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: ]
    #790542 - 08/01/02 10:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>Well, uhhh, yeah. Of course. I've also been the cop shinning the light at the table but I don't think that has much to do with driving while intoxicated.

Like I said I hate cops...especially smart ass ones!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Sheepish]
    #790859 - 08/01/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I think that the only way is to have someone who is not tripping drive you. Driving while tripping is a very bad idea.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #791019 - 08/01/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Driving under the influence of illegal drugs is a very bad and stupid idea. No matter how good you think you can drive while high, you suck, reall, you do. Shit, half the people in the world can't drive for shit sober for that matter. Like people have said, halucinogens cause you to halucinate!! Duh! On top of that things like depth perception and reaction time are often fucked up. And if you get hit, you're pretty much screwed. There is no excuse for the irresponsible use of shrooms and 'cid. Not that I think it will happen in my lifetime, but such actions will not help convince them that said drugs should be legal As somebody said, if you want to drive, have a sober person do it. That way you can concentrate on the trip and not the road.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisiblemr crisper

#791035 - 08/01/02 03:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i used to be in a motorbike 'club', every friday nite about 10 of us would drop acid and ride around the city all night. everyone rode big-bore sports bikes.
the harmonics of multi-cylinders engines whilst frying is one of the most amazing things ive experienced. burn-outs were fun too.
the other beauty was getting it low on the freeway on-ramps and dragging the pegs, the shower of sparks is jus amazing, but its dodgy turning your head to watch when you are cranked over on a bend at 180kph.
we did this regularly for about a year, there was only ever one mishap, a girl hit a pool of oil on a corner and slid off, she was unharmed, got back on the bike and kept riding.

now, i'm a little more sensible and wouldn't dream of tripping on the bike, as for alcohol - never have, never will.

Edited by mr crisper (08/01/02 03:21 PM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: mr crisper]
    #791231 - 08/01/02 05:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Even thats still dangerous, operating any kind of motor vericle be it car, bike boat or plane. It is still dangerous, the girl was lucky she wasnt killed. When tripping it is hard to judge distances. Things can either look further or nearer away than they actualy are add that with things appearing and dissapering in front of you and a multicoloured spiral of patterns just a tad difficult and dangerous me thinks. There has been times when i have been tripping and I have even had problems crossing a road cos i cant judge the distances of the cars and thats on foot. So it doesnt matter what anyone says you shoulndt trip and drive anything. Except maybe a pushbike.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (08/01/02 05:14 PM)

Offlineimjustagirl
journeyman
    #791260 - 08/01/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Even if you think you can drive under the influence do you really believe you can be a defensive driver? I don't know about where you live but around me there's idiot drivers everywhere. It takes all my attention sober to avoid getting in a wreck with people who change lanes without looking, run stop signs, stop suddenly for no reason, etc.

All's it takes is one bad driver hitting you while you're intoxicated to send you to jail for a time or at least loose your license. Even if it's the other driver's fault you will be blamed for being under the influence. Who wants to take that chance?

--------------------
I'm just collecting info for a novel... Everything I say is fictional.

"We're just spinning on some granite that we like to call a planet..."
--Blues Traveler

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: imjustagirl]
    #792228 - 08/02/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Blah blah blah... If I am tripping so hard that I can not drive then I will not drive enough said and I think that the case with everyone. I am sure most of the people here have droven drunk, high, methed out, etc etc. Tripping and Driving is very fun if you are on the right dose. I doubt anyone is going to take 6g's and go out driving to go kill. I don't risk my life or the lives of others. I know how to handle my drugs. Some people just can't handle them and they can't just see themselves driving because their minds are just to overwhelmed by the drugs.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag