Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEcho7
Glad to be here.
Male

Mycelium growth on pine?
    #7845362 - 01/07/08 09:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys.

I just transplanted some bark with p. cyanescen mycelium growing on it into another container with a small, woodchips I stumbled upon near my house (I live in Washington state near the Puget Sound). I'm not much for identifying trees by their shredded bark so I wanted to know whether or not the mycelium will continue to grow even though, in all likeliness, the tree is a pine. I understand that Alder is the best, but does Pine still get the job done? Thanks in advance for any answers, mahalo.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycelium growth on pine? [Re: Echo7]
    #7845432 - 01/07/08 10:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen it grow on douglas fir beauty bark. That's probably what you found, if it's in western washington.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineEcho7
Glad to be here.
Male

Re: Mycelium growth on pine? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7845493 - 01/07/08 10:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well it was a tree that had just been cut down. Parts of the trunk were scattered all around (for sale house) and I just swooped by and nabbed some of the shredded up stuff. I didn't find any branches so I couldn't see the leaves. I guess I'll just wait and see though, nothing to lose.

--------------------
One step at a time.

InvisibleRoYaL_fLuSh
Stranger
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Mycelium growth on pine? [Re: Echo7]
    #7845531 - 01/07/08 10:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EchoEclipse71 said:
Hey guys.

I just transplanted some bark with p. cyanescen mycelium growing on it into another container with a small, woodchips I stumbled upon near my house (I live in Washington state near the Puget Sound). I'm not much for identifying trees by their shredded bark so I wanted to know whether or not the mycelium will continue to grow even though, in all likeliness, the tree is a pine. I understand that Alder is the best, but does Pine still get the job done? Thanks in advance for any answers, mahalo.

ok from what i understand conifers are too acidic for mycelium growth... but i am new to this and could be wrong ... i too am trying a wood lover on mah first go and going to stick to what ive read .. alder , beech , and any kind of deciduous wood i can find !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation