Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Cowgold]
    #7939704 - 01/27/08 11:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck.

I find for myself.. moderation is the best route.
I smoked everyday for a good 9 years.. I was basically dependent on it to start/go about my days. Tolerance was through the roof.. and it didn't bring me to the same place it used to. It was just a psychological addiction. I took a break for a few weeks and it let me appreciate the herb so much more. These days I just like to moderate myself.. smoking all the time every single day is just a waste. It is a very special plant, but the herb should not be abused. When used in moderation it helps me to appreciate it so much more. Anyway, even if you don't end up quitting completely.. I highly advice trying this route. If it's becoming too much, take a break for a few weeks/months. Come back when you feel more grounded and use sparingly. Herb is a magical plant, but like I said it shouldn't be abused.

And the people that say pot makes you lazy and unmotivated... nonsense. Laziness and unmotivation make you lazy and unmotivated, not pot.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnarleaf
Teotihualto
 User Gallery

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Asante]
    #7939706 - 01/27/08 11:05 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well it would be the same if meth and marijuana were similar.

The truth is though anyone blaming their downfall on marijuana is putting blame on the wrong thing. Anyone stating that their buddies are stereotypical stoner's, are overlooking the fact that marijuana does not cause one to be unmotivated. Perhaps some are just smoking and not focusing on real goals. There is no reason one should look anywhere else but at themselves.

OfflineHopi
Stranger in astrange land

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: memes]
    #7939734 - 01/27/08 11:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'd advise you to quit for a bit, then start to smoke every once in a while again, just to chill out. That's how people get stuck in a routine, boring life - they have a few wild young years, then when their buddies they did drugs/partied with are dead, in jail, married, moved on, etc.,  they move on, too... And turn into those corporate drones. A little plsychedelia is great for you. :smile:
Of course, I'm just making my assumptions based on your OP, so I don't know anything about you and may be totally wrong about the routine thing and so on. :smile:
IN any case, good luck with your life! :heart:

--------------------
Ten thousand miles an hour plus
We streak across the sky like dust
And none of us know where or why
We're like a jewel in the sky

http://psychedelicnews.wordpress.com/

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Anarleaf]
    #7940422 - 01/27/08 01:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anarleaf said:

The truth is though anyone blaming their downfall on marijuana is putting blame on the wrong thing. Anyone stating that their buddies are stereotypical stoner's, are overlooking the fact that marijuana does not cause one to be unmotivated. Perhaps some are just smoking and not focusing on real goals. There is no reason one should look anywhere else but at themselves.

I didn't see where anybody in this thread is blaming their downfall on marijuana. The truth is habitual marijuana use has drawbacks. For some it might be chronic fatigue, for others it might make it too tempting to sit and watch TV, for some it might be only the cost of buying it.

How these drawbacks manifest themselves is different for everybody; what is wrong with deciding that you don't want to do it anymore? I just don't understand why people get so defensive when somebody says the daily smoking lifestyle isn't working for them anymore. Some people react to that like their best friend has just been insulted.

Congratulations to all of you who are able to smoke weed habitually without experiencing any downsides. That's not the case for most people. I have known a lot of habitual smokers, and never met anyone who wasn't giving up something in order to do it.

To use any drug is to decide you would rather be stoned in that particular moment than sober. To use a drug regularly is to decide that being stoned is consistently preferable to being not stoned. I find it hard to believe that so many people with this supreme level of self-control would reject their normal, sober state so frequently.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Shroomism]
    #7940454 - 01/27/08 02:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
And the people that say pot makes you lazy and unmotivated... nonsense. Laziness and unmotivation make you lazy and unmotivated, not pot.

Say you've got two people with comparable levels of drive/motivation in their lives. Both used to smoke in college, and both quit upon graduating. Person A starts smoking pot again a year after graduation, smoking a lot on the weekends, and after work 2-3 days per week. Person B goes out to the bars on the weekends and drinks beer, and will sometimes enjoy a beer after work as well.

Ten years later, if the subjects' patterns continue, which do you think will have a higher salary? If you were offered $10,000 for a correct guess, which would you guess?

I'd put my money on the beer guy, because pot tends to cause amotivational syndrome. Its in the literature, and I've seen it with my own eyes, and it has happened to me.

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7940593 - 01/27/08 02:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I like to get high. I think your friends where just losers. I am motivated when I need to be and always pay my bills AND buy weed.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleAnarleaf
Teotihualto
 User Gallery

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7942252 - 01/27/08 07:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I do not care if anyone stops smoking and I was not defensive in the least, I was voicing my opinion that marijuana causes one to have shortcomings. Like I stated before, there is no reason why one should blame the herb. Of course you're going to spend money, and fatigue comes to certain people. But to state that it causes one to have shortcomings is false. You might get tempted to sit around but this is your own fault and no one else's.

Also the only reason why people feel like their stoned state is better than their sober state, is because it has its benefits. Anyone who depends on it (not medicinally) is someone who should seek help. Once you feel like the stoned state of mind is the only good state of mind, then you surely have a problem. But the majority do it for several other reasons and not because they feel they must.

Offlineeyesoftheworld
ૐ नमः शिवाय
Male User Gallery

#7942279 - 01/27/08 07:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Good luck.

I smoked everyday for a good 9 years..
I was basically dependent on it to start/go about my days. Tolerance was through the roof.. and it didn't bring me to the same place it used to. It was just a psychological addiction. I took a break for a few weeks and it let me appreciate the herb so much more. These days I just like to moderate myself.. smoking all the time every single day is just a waste. It is a very special plant, but the herb should not be abused. When used in moderation it helps me to appreciate it so much more. Anyway, even if you don't end up quitting completely.. I highly advice trying this route. If it's becoming too much, take a break for a few weeks/months. Come back when you feel more grounded and use sparingly. Herb is a magical plant, but like I said it shouldn't be abused.

Moderation is key, as with anything :bongload:

--------------------
:deemsters:

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #7944199 - 01/28/08 07:49 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Good luck.

I smoked everyday for a good 9 years.. I was basically dependent on it to start/go about my days. Tolerance was through the roof.. and it didn't bring me to the same place it used to. It was just a psychological addiction. I took a break for a few weeks and it let me appreciate the herb so much more. These days I just like to moderate myself.. smoking all the time every single day is just a waste. It is a very special plant, but the herb should not be abused. When used in moderation it helps me to appreciate it so much more. Anyway, even if you don't end up quitting completely.. I highly advice trying this route. If it's becoming too much, take a break for a few weeks/months. Come back when you feel more grounded and use sparingly. Herb is a magical plant, but like I said it shouldn't be abused.

moderation is key

amotivational symdrome is bs
i started smoking when i was 16, and my grades in school went way up, because i had a way to blow off steam and relax at the end of the week

weed taught me to stop fighting the system, and merely start bsing it

then again, i started and have continued to smoke in moderation, i have never been a daily smoker, and never will be

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinemyshoesarered
Mushabelly Snoozem
Male

Loc: The Mitt
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #7944535 - 01/28/08 10:05 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck, you'll start to feel great in a month or so. Not that you probably didn't feel great getting baked all the time, but great in a different way..

--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

Offlinealienbaby
Stranger

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: myshoesarered]
    #7944581 - 01/28/08 10:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I dont understand people who smokes weed everyday,. lazy bums all of you,. i love to smoke weed but not as much as i love working and making money. Any recreational drug must be taken in moderation period. i smoke whenever i need a break which is once in a while, ive done this for 14 years now and not once have i lost controll, same goes for any other drug ive taken. I wish you the best in quitting , wish you would give me the volcano instead but ey =)

~ãlîënbâby~

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: myshoesarered]
    #7944585 - 01/28/08 10:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys...I'm quitting herb too. Today. NOW. NOW NOW NOW

I've been meaning to quit for weeks, but "meaning to quit" doesn't make it happen. Enough of that bullshit. I have to be honest with myself: I don't enjoy it anymore.

This thread inspired me to take action, just hearing about how positive everyone's experiences has been with quitting pot. I'm done.

I'm putting this bong away.

InvisibleBurningBeard
The IncomparableMr. Flannery
Male
Loc: The bottom of the bottle.
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: MOTH]
    #7944675 - 01/28/08 10:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think I'll join you there. I guess I'm realizing just how much benefit it'llactually cause.

--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7944710 - 01/28/08 10:45 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck guys! It's totally worth it, you'll feel very clearheaded soon enough. And you can still smoke the herb every once in a blue moon.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7945126 - 01/28/08 12:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Uh...in a surprise turn of events, I got a vaporizer again...

So I quit smoking, but vaping might be another story altogether.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: MOTH]
    #7945128 - 01/28/08 12:28 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I would quit but it is the only thing helping me quit cigs. :drag:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7945132 - 01/28/08 12:29 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7945351 - 01/28/08 01:23 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

congrats, i haven't smoked in almost a month, i've been having some lapses here and there.

Longest recently was when I took up jogging and i stopped for a few months.

Moderation is definitely key. It is just more difficult if you toke one day then the next then eventually you fall back in.

GOOD LUCK!!!

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7945381 - 01/28/08 01:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

:drooling:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: I'm quiting the herb [Re: Cowgold]
    #7945386 - 01/28/08 01:34 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i h8 that show weeds
and that bitch is not nearly that hot in real life

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale