Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Outdoor Patch Cultivation
    #7832705 - 01/04/08 04:58 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

What's the best way to cultivate an outdoor patch of wood-lovers?

I've read Mycelium Running and various techniques are described: 1) Spawning stem butts to cardboard or woodchips and transplanting outdoors once the mycelium has colonized (March or April); 2) placing cardboard on an existing outdoor patch and allowing the mycelium to colonize the carboard and then transferring; 3) wholesale removal and transfer of an existing patch to a new area.

I've read about a few other techniques here like the woodlover smoothie tek or cloning - which I'm not familiar with.

Any opinions on what I can do now to give me the best chance of having some new outdoor patches next season?  Thanks!

:sunny:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Patch Cultivation [Re: scout24]
    #7836852 - 01/05/08 06:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

anyone?

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
    #7838193 - 01/06/08 03:57 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

If you already find patches take prints of the fruits.If you didn't but have print, use this.

Make spore syringe and inoculate a totally normal BRF cake with the spore solution, as if you would do it with Cubes.

Wait until the jars have fully colonized (will take a bout a week to germinate and another two, to fully colonize).

Let the cakes settle down for another week.

The next step, is to to soak hard wood chips over night, pour off the water and get yourself a flower box, or a bowl or whatever.

Now, crumble the colonized cakes and spawn them to the soaked wood chips, cover that mixture with a layer of dry wood chips, and then cover the flower box with tin foil. Let it colonized at room temperature (will take about four weeks).

Once this stuff is fully colonized you can either let the mushrooms grow directly from the box, or -and this will probably more successful, spawn it to more wood chips, that you filled in a hole (about 100cm x 100cm x 20cm). The wood chips you use outdoors don't have to be soaked in water.

After you mixed up the the colonized wood chips, with the dry wood chips, cover that bed with some kind of foil, or keep it moist in another way.

This hole procedure should be done in spring (April / May).

If you keep the bed moist, you should be able to harvest the first mushrooms in end of September or October.

Many people would suggest to work with agar, due to contam risk from outdoor prints. I never had ANY problem with contams, using this tek, myself. You have to figure that out for yourself!

Transplanting a whole patch is the biggest failure you can do, since you don't have the guarantee that the new patch will survive while you DO have the guarantee that the previously established patch is ruined forever.

Well, that's about it... pretty easy isn't it??

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Patch Cultivation [Re: Fahkface]
    #7841444 - 01/06/08 09:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Fahkface: "After you mixed up the the colonized wood chips, with the dry wood chips, cover that bed with some kind of foil, or keep it moist in another way."

How many parts dry wood chips to colonized wood chips in the mix?

Thanks for the response.  :cool:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Edited by scout24 (01/06/08 09:20 PM)

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
    #7841741 - 01/06/08 10:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

All the wood chips you'd need to fill up the hole you digged.
three for four BRF cakes should actually be enough for bed of the size I suggested, but I'd prefer a little more. So you can use about 150 to 200 liters of wood chips if you like, but keep in mind that it'll take longer when you only use that few cakes. The more spawn, the faster the colonization!

You can actually make it even more easy and directly spawn the cakes to the outdoor patch, without colonizing soaked wood chips.

Ah BTW: The outdoor wood chips would colonize faster if you'd soak them. But it's not a must!

Edited by Fahkface (01/06/08 10:49 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract