Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlphanautics
Goonmaster
Male

CUNTaminates
    #7791063 - 12/22/07 11:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

FAAAHHHHHKKK

i just, for the second time this week, did a g2g trans. on tall fucking jars, again, only to realize by the time i was finished, that the mommy jar is decked out in pretty, blue/green contaminates. From the outside the jar looked fine, pure white, 100% colonized beauty... Anyways, what i wanted to know, is is there any way to notice this shit before you fuck up the whole goddamned grow? Should I just move up to agar, seeing as how its mainly a two dimensional grow, no hidden inner cunts?

also, im using WBS in both moms and daughters, in a glove box, sterile as balls. i had mom incubating in a rubbermaid with just a slight crack at the top for air ex. if that helps w/ anyones diagnosis..

and... can you do a g2g (or a2g) with culture on agar? i would imagine so, but never worked with agar

--------------------
Word em up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: Alphanautics]
    #7791275 - 12/23/07 01:08 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Dam, I feel for ya. I am sure a2g would work, wouldn't see why not, but like you said, I've never worked with it.

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: MonstroniuM]
    #7791471 - 12/23/07 02:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Alphanautics,
have you been successful with the pf tek? How would you not notice that the MOMMY jar was bad? Let me guess, you are under the impression that you are not supposed to shake the mommy jar (which we will call master since mommy and daughters sounds so f=ing stupid)
Explain your tech so we can help better. Lets figure out why the master is contaminating.
Why are you doing g2g transfers?
why not just a bunch of grain jars inoculated with a spore syringe?
Greedy? I bet! You first need to get the basics down.

How are you going about cooking your jars?
what type of lid/contam barrier?
who made the spore syringe?
do yo uhave a glove box?

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #7791581 - 12/23/07 05:12 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

OK. First of all, you shouldn't get all pissed at the fact that you used "tall" jars again. (Quart jars are preferable when it comes to grain). When you begin to do a Grain to Grain transfer, you should have shaken the shit out of the MASTER jar before attempting the transfer. You should have seen the contamination at that point. Also, I find it very very strange that your jars were completely white on the outside and contaminated on the inside. (I've never experienced contamination like that, and believe me I have seen PLENTY OF CONTAMINATION!) You described the contamination as Blue / Green. Are you sure that it wasn't "bruising". As far as going on to Agar is concerned, I personally think that you need to get the technique down for Grain first. If you fail with Grain, your going to have a hell time with agar. LOL! True enough, it is on a 2 dimensional plane, and you can transfer away from contamination. If you can't succeed with grain, you'll end up playing "hop scotch" from plate to plate with agar. I agree with Tahoe... Get the basics down. It doesn't matter if you transfer a slice of agar culture to your grain or do a grain to grain transfer, your sterile technique is flawed. If you say that you're using a glove box and have a "sterile as balls" technique, I'd like to see what you mean by "sterile as balls". Mine are pretty sweaty right now! LOL. (just joking.) You can do as Tahoe said, (inoculate many jars instead of just one) I Inoculate about 4 quart jars at a time and when they are fully colonized I use them to spawn to 24 other quart jars. That pretty much insures awesome results.
Other than that I guess I have the same questions as Tahoe.

How are you going about cooking your jars?
what type of lid/contam barrier?
who made the spore syringe?

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7791660 - 12/23/07 07:07 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Remember that trichoderma mycelium is white, the same as cubensis mycelium and you will only be able to tell which is which when the trich sporulates and you see the green mess.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: Nibin]
    #7791676 - 12/23/07 07:15 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Remember that trichoderma mycelium is white, the same as cubensis mycelium and you will only be able to tell which is which when the trich sporulates and you see the green mess.

Totally agree with that, but I'm not experienced with trich in Jars. When I have experienced green mold in jars, it has been of the Penicillium variety and it shows up on the outside pretty quickly. Green molds colonize so much faster than cubensis. I have NEVER had pure white "fully colonized jars" contaminated in the middle.

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #7791713 - 12/23/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

trich is caused by a high water content. Fix that and the trich should go away. You might try cleaning the area your working in. One can never be to clean.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: KaptKid]
    #7791768 - 12/23/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
trich is caused by a high water content. Fix that and the trich should go away. You might try cleaning the area your working in. One can never be to clean.

TRICH IS NOT CAUSED BY A HIGH WATER CONTENT.  TRICH IS CAUSED BY THE INTRODUCTION OF TRICH SPORES.  Yes, A contaminant free area helps tremendously.

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7791872 - 12/23/07 09:43 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Correct. Water content has nothing to do with trichoderma. A high water content can help to provide an environment for bacteria in otherwise sterile jars, trichoderma is caused by the introduction of trichoderma spores, which are in the air everywhere.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #7792096 - 12/23/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:

4,200 post and 4 years of service to the shorromery and you come in here and say something stupid that this.
And i wonder where all this misinformation comes from

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    #7792423 - 12/23/07 12:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
....the mommy jar (which we will call master since mommy and daughters sounds so f=ing stupid)

:yesnod:

Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:
  If you say that you're using a glove box and have a "sterile as balls" technique, I'd like to see what you mean by "sterile as balls".  Mine are pretty sweaty right now! LOL. 

My sentiments precisely. 

Quote:

KaptKid said:
trich is caused by a high water content. Fix that and the trich should go away.

:flowstone:

--------------------

OfflineAlphanautics
Goonmaster
Male

Re: CUNTaminates [Re: Nibin]
    #7799806 - 12/26/07 12:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

also, nibin, do you think trich would sporulate in those conditions? i imagine they too would like greater gas exchange/light to go into a tertiary meycelial state, right? could be wrong.. any tips to recognizing trich mycelium? is it off-whitish, and more rhizmorphic, because a couple of my jars have this... look almost "drier" in appearance. thanks man

--------------------
Word em up

OfflineAlphanautics
Goonmaster
Male

Re: CUNTaminates [Re: tahoe]
    #7799812 - 12/26/07 12:03 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

damn, sorry tahoe, didn't mean to be an inexperienced rookie, but i am... anyways, to answer your questions:

jars are pressure cooked for 1:15 - 1:30 at 15 psi, my elevation is around 7200 feet above sea level

barrier is just tyvek (under lid, some with small holes from prior inoculations) plus a polyfill-filled 1/4" hole in lid. worked excelently (i thought at least) during colonization after spore inoculation.

syringe was from Hawk's

I do have a glove box (which was clearly stated, but just to help), its kind of a ghetto-rig, but i believe it provides a very still air environment, though not air tight (i saw many people's werent). It's a clear rubbermaid with the top covered in 1 mil plastic sheeting, and two slits for the wrists, with little flaps that somewhat cover the slits when there aren't hands inside.

tahoe- definitely right, didn't shake MOMMY... never heard of doing it, didn't see how that would really make too much difference.. still dont..

I'm doing g2g because I have no spores left, and it's an interesting technique that I'd like to successfully learn. didn't mean to have ambitions or anything...

shroomery 1 - I like what your saying about bruising, because that would make perfect sense, and that's is probably what happened.. im going to let these guys incubate and see if thats the case.

"tall jars" = "many jars".. sorry for the confusion, but yeah, I dig the quarts. Thanks for the help fellas, ill let you know if it was trich (or any other contam) or just bruising.....

--------------------
Word em up

OfflineAlphanautics
Goonmaster
Male

#7820866 - 01/01/08 05:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

FALSE ALARM

def. just bruising... i dont know why i didnt think of that, but hey, its my first time

thanks for all the help as well

--------------------
Word em up

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: CUNTaminates [Re: tahoe]
    #7841066 - 01/06/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Quote:

KaptKid said:

4,200 post and 4 years of service to the shorromery and you come in here and say something stupid that this.
And i wonder where all this misinformation comes from

Sorry about that, I was thinking about wet spot.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures