Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
salvia in a DWC?
    #7834399 - 01/05/08 02:46 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

you think shed like resting her feet in the water?

also any clue for hemia salicifolia and calea zacatechichi in DWC systems?

might i dare to venture if san pedro will thrive as well in hydro?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: salvia in a DWC? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #7835513 - 01/05/08 01:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

you think shed like resting her feet in the water?
It's been tried. It works fine.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia in a DWC? [Re: Nalim]
    #7835629 - 01/05/08 01:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

thanks, i just wanted to make sure, i killed my last cutting by improper soil and overwatering, so i have to wait till spring to order more now

i think hydro will be easier for me to keep track of because im more the scientific type anyway

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #7836227 - 01/05/08 04:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

might i dare to venture if san pedro will thrive as well in hydro?

probably not.

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia in a DWC? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #7837521 - 01/05/08 10:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

well ill try it anyway and post it

i HAVE heard of cacti doing really well in hydro systems tho

--------------------
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#7837828 - 01/05/08 11:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

so have i... but its not going to be as easy as u think...
the fact that cacti dont like having their roots continually wet says alot...

a flood and drain type of system would be better for cacti i think...

salvia loves DWC of course, but u will need to keep a close eye on her... having tried both DWC and soil myself i can say that growing them in soil or coir is much more of a low maintenence option...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#7837881 - 01/06/08 12:12 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

its not a case of having it be low maintinence, its just a different type of maintinence, i dont have enough of a gt feeling about when to water and when im overwatering, whereas with this i just monitor the ph, and add a

im planning on getting several air pumps. 3 gallon buckets, and net pots (prolly a large tea strainer)

--------------------
-----

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#7838505 - 01/06/08 09:06 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

well thats fine if u have the time, im speaking from the perspective of a person who has 100's of plants and cacti to take care of...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

#7840913 - 01/06/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

ok then, mebbe ill just stick to hydro with my normal plants, dwc is a sysetem i chose because of simplicity over any other hydro system, and im definately not going to be raising as many plants as you are, about 10-15 is the absolute max ill need of all the different stuff i want to grow, plus various cacti

--------------------
-----

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck