Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Spore isolation
    #782735 - 07/28/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible to take one spore from one strain, and another one from a different strain , then grow them both on agar, wouldnt they when combining(having sex) create a new strain. Can this be done using a microscope? Or is my friend in way over her head. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spore isolation [Re: bluhoney]
    #782746 - 07/28/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

One problem is that spores clump together. Another problem is that (correct me if i'm wrong), only one in four pairings can actually mate. Another problem is that many, many dishes will need to be innoculated, and at the dilution that you need to have monokaryons grow out, you will also end up with alot of empty plates. It should work, but is a lofty endeavour to pursue. I have thought about it in the past, but it would be way too much work for my lazy ass...

I wish you luck, and hopefully other members will have something to add in this thread!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

Re: Spore isolation [Re: Olgualion]
    #782773 - 07/28/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was affraid of that. But it is something to think about. Theres bound to be a way, but I'll bet it envolves very expensive lab equipment. I was hoping there was a cheaper easier way, but I knew it was a long shot. Thanks for the quick reply.bluhoney

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Spore isolation [Re: Olgualion]
    #782804 - 07/28/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

LOL,

The Raccoon was doing some seed to seed transfers. Ending up with two fully
colonized jars of differing strains -- half full --when he ran out of fresh jars to transfer to.

So, the Raccoon -- Always wondering - what would happen if - decided to mix the two half full colonized jars into one & shake the hell out of it, to mix both colonized Strains togather.

The strains are EQ & Creeper. That now full jar recolonized nicely & is now setting in the filing cabinet -- whispering to the Raccoon -- whatcha gonna do now Zorro?

The Raccoon guess's he will just have to spawn it to a substrate & see what happens or pops up.

Anybody ever done anything like this? Or, know what might come from this foolishness .

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

Re: Spore isolation [Re: SixTango]
    #783179 - 07/29/02 02:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If the jars were colonized, the joining of individual spores has taken place, and when you mix the two jars together, you will just get mushrooms from the two separate strains growing in the same container, or one will dominate the other, and you will get mushrooms from just one of the two. In order to make a new strain, you have to mix a single spore, with a spore of another. I believe thats what you do in the beginning. The way you did it, you already have each separate strain established, my friend tried what you are trying:end result- two separate mushrooms. Anyone else out there have any suggestions. We all might stumble onto something. bluhoney

--------------------

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

#783197 - 07/29/02 02:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If they can take a single egg and single sperm and make test tube babies I'm sure with the right equipment you could get a single spore from two strains and attempt it but I dont have a clue in the world if it will work ... I'm sure if you did it on enough plates it might just work.

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #783241 - 07/29/02 03:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Bluehoney,

I would speculate the low tek way to get spores togather to interbreed would be to mix spores from two (2) seperate prints of differing strains in one container w/sterile water, then somehow extremely agitate the combination to intermingle them togather, because of how spores tend to clump togather in solutions.

I suppose if you mixed the 2 togather in something like a sturdy sterile 1/2 pint or pint container & took that container to a hardware or paint store and had it shaken for a short time on one of those heavy duty shakers they use to mix cans of paint, it would do the job of breaking up the clumps, so the spores seperate & intermingle.

Then, draw some solution dilute solution out w/syringe & innoc numerious agar plates with it. Odds are because you have mixed numerious thousands of each spore strain togather that, some are going to mix & cling to one another & then mate as they germinate? But, that is only an ignorant guess.

The task would be considerable, because you once the spores germinated on agar, you still would not know what you had until you fruited them. Even then you would not be sure.

Again, I suppose if one used two (2) strains that look distictly differant as fruit bodies & the resulting fruit bodies from the mix looked like neither individual strain. You might have managed to combine the two strains. So, I suppose again , something on the order of mixing EQ & any other strain that looks distinctly differant would give you a shot at it.

It would be a challenge.

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Anonymous

#783482 - 07/29/02 06:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

Re: Spore isolation [Re: ]
    #783609 - 07/29/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My friend is going to try that Mr_Mushrooms, it dosent hurt to try. bluhoney

--------------------

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #784088 - 07/29/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Has anyone here created any hybrids? If so, is there any pics? I'd like to see that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck