Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblediseased
Stranger
scotts experiment
    #784057 - 07/29/02 01:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well my friend just crumbled 8 cakes (old casing) into a flower pot full of scotts 3 in 1, no vermiculite or straw. he added a little water but not much at all. it held in clumps straight out of the bag, and he was afraid it would become too compact. he doesnt know if it will colonize well without anything added, but he felt adventurous anyway hes gonna keep me updated.

by the way, ive never grown shrooms before, it was my friend all along. i was just saying that stuff so you guys would think i was cool From now on ill tell the truth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAbyss
Fist full of Mushrooms
Male

Loc: NorCal
Re: scotts experiment [Re: diseased]
    #784237 - 07/29/02 03:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

post pics when they start poppin up!
If they do your going to get some big
mushies! Good luck.

Peace Love & Hair Grease,
Abyss

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
Re: scotts experiment [Re: Abyss]
    #784367 - 07/29/02 04:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I osted this the other day, but it kinda got buried:

Well, My goldfish just got done digging a hole and trying something new. He took an approximate 50/50 mix of Stott's 3 -in-1 and verm (with a couple handfulls of perlite.) and thoroughly mixed in four somewhat spent, but still viable, pf cakes that were crumbled well. Filled the hole, covered with a thin layer of plain 3-in 1/verm mix, covered this with a few leaves etc. to somewhat disguise it. It is located in a (tall) grassy area sort of behind a shrub. It gets some sun, but is hidden form the sun for most of the afternoon by this bush.
This is really just an experiment as my goldfish have never tried growing outdoors before. Can anyone tell me if they think this won't work and if so, why.
Also, it has been hot here lately... Of course he realizes that neglect can be better for this kind of thing than constant fiddlind around, but how often and how much should watering be done?
Sorry if this is rambling..I'm stoned

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation