Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeterPiper
Stranger
Fish Heater IN Pmp
    #7836253 - 01/05/08 04:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

After shopping all over today I have everything I need for my first grow. The only thing Im still trying to decide on is heat. I bought a fully submergable and adjustable fish tank heater the other day and Id really like to use it. I also have a rather large space heater, but being that it's a closet grow Id rather not use that due to it being a fire hazard. Im using a PMP setup. My question is this: why do some people say that sticking a heater within the fruiting chamber itself is bad because it invites contamination, but then they recommend the TIT method as an alternative. The only differance I can see is that the heater being in the PMP itself might not distribute heat quite as evenly. I guess I could return the heater and just grow at room temp, but from alot of what Ive read here it seems that 60-65 (depending on time of day) just isnt going to cut it. Have any of you either stuck the heather in the FC itself, or made an incubator and had success/failure? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds