Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMeSaUsA
journeyman
Casing problem, question???
    #783526 - 07/29/02 09:02 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I had added my top layer to my casing a little over a week or 2 ago. I waited till all the horse poo was almost 100% colonized (I saw some of the yellowish liquid excreted by the mycelium). For the top layer I used a mix of vermiculite and miracle grow potting mix, I sterilized it in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour. Unfortunately I had to make do with what I had other wise I would have gone 50/50. I added the top layer dry with no water in the mix, after realizing my mistake the next morning I promptly used my spray bottle and was sure to wet it down good. I checked back the fallowing morning to see how wet it was. The only part of the casing that looked wet was along sides so I added more water via spray bottle. Why is it taking so long I see no growth, no mycelium popping through? I think it?s probably because of the no water in the casing mix. But what worries me is what I thought to be the start of mycelium might be mold, gray cottony stuff. When I sprayed water on it, it kind of shriveled up. It has not spread much I have been keeping a watchful eye on it. Also I scratched the surface a bit to see if there is anything going on and it was kind of firm, not the lose mix I added. I am hoping that it is mycelium. I was wondering if any one could address my concerns.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: Casing problem, question??? [Re: MeSaUsA]
    #783550 - 07/29/02 09:19 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

BRO!!!

Just dont over water an let it regrow ,you dont want to flaten out the mycellium.
Let the mycellium poke through the top an it will begin hypral notes soon!!! PEACE

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation