Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Helpfull Q & A Hints
    #782954 - 07/28/02 10:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of peaple ask differing questions about everything under the sky involving all aspects of mushroom cultivation.

Just a few examples are:

Where can I get plastic lids? The inquiry then gets several answers from helpfull folks.

The person who made the inquiry then comes back & says; They don't have those type stores here. I live in Romania.

It would be helpfull to give a hint of your local or region worldwide, so the question can be answered right off the bat, by somebody who might know where you can get plastic lids in Romania.

Another common question involves almost all aspects of pressure cookers.

It is helpfull to identify the type, brand & capacity of the PC your asking questions about. Otherwise you may get wrong answers.

Another common question with newbies is; should I do cakes or try seeds and/or grains?

There is no firm answer. In part, It depends on if you have a PC - or not. A PC is required (IMHO) if your going to do grains or seed & the bigger -- the better.

If you have a PC? I always suggest trying both at once.

The reason being, you better your odds. One screws up, you still have the other.

Besides that, if you can get a few jars of grain or seed to fully colonize. They can be stored in a Fridge (usualy) until you learn enough to use them properly. Moreover, you can turn one jar of colonized grain into many more -- via grain to grain transfers.

Another common question is; has anybody tried this brand of store bought bagged manure? Along with any answers comes the following question; where can I get some of that brand?

Manure is a heavy low bulk value item. It's shit -- after all. It is very seldom shipped very far. Simply because there is cow manure almost everywhere. It makes no economic sense to ship manure from coast to coast, or any long distance, when the same type BS is available localy.

So, various specific brands are usualy limited to regional locals (excepting products from National Brands like Scotts & some others). What you might find in Washington state is not going to usualy be available in New York.

Then there is always the question; who is the best spore vendor?

Simply read the lasts months worth of posts re: Vendors. If they are good, they get applause & thumbs up. If they are not, they get slammed & thumbs down. That consensious will tell you who you should probodly order from.

Another question that always pops up is; which strain is best to start with.

That question is like asking; which beer is best? Everybody has their opinions. They is no quick & easy answer. In part because what works for someone, doesn't always work for someone else. Study up, read, veiw pics & go with an easy forgiving strain -- at first.

Then there are questions about air filtation & Hepa filters. The simple answer is, go with the best you can afford & acquire.

Then there are questions about filter disks. Same as above.

There are a zillion question I left out. But, if you take the time to read the glossary & Faq first, then use the search function, most are already answered, thanks to some very dedicated folks involved here & I thank them for what they have & continue to do. They deserve a round of applause.

SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Helpfull Q & A Hints [Re: SixTango]
    #784110 - 07/29/02 02:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Good points... *BUMP*

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation