Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethriftx
Stranger

First time trying shrooms need to know...
    #6661016 - 03/12/07 10:34 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

So me and my friend pick up 3.5grams of shrooms last night, we both want to start with a low dosage since this is going to be our first time trying shroom. I looked at the shrooms in that I got and I see most of it is caps there is only like 2 stems. What I'm asking is do the caps give you a bigger trip? Should I only be eating one cap if I want a small dosage. BTW we are both splitting the 3.5grams.

I don't want to have a bad trip so I was thinking if its a lower does enough to feel it but nothing to flip out over. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekron_weed
Hobby Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vancouver
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: thriftx]
    #6661027 - 03/12/07 10:42 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

well for starters, the caps and stems have the exact same amout of psilocybin and psilocin in the (dont know if thats spelt right but wtver) and thats probably a good dose to start with\

some things to remember:

1. dont do at a party, youll be as sociable as the front lawn

2. eat on an empty stomach...helps with indigestion

3. the second u eat them its like u enter a slow motion reverse time warp. very strange feeling

4. dont smoke weed untill you are absolutley sure your thru the brunt of your trip. in all my expieriences ive waited like an hour and a half still waiting for the trip to kick in....and i tell myself, im not gonna smoke, im not gonna smoke. and then when i do finnally smoke, it hits me like a frigging elephant stepping on a catapillar and i have a difficult trip

5. have good luck cuz u just might need it:thumbup:

--------------------
"god is a plant, known as the earth"
- One smart mutherfucker

OfflineJaxx
Random muppet.
 User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere but Elsewhere
    #6661031 - 03/12/07 10:44 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

A lot of people on the street will say the caps are better.  Quite simply, they are wrong.  The actives are spread fairly evenly throughout the mushroom so it makes no difference.

If you're going to split that 1/8 with someone that sounds about right for a first timer testing the waters.

Have a nice trip. :laugh:

--------------------
If you were to draw a continuous straight line with a standard graphite pencil the line would stretch for 35 miles.

Offlinethriftx
Stranger

Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: Jaxx]
    #6661038 - 03/12/07 10:47 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to this !

EDIT: I forgot to add there dry to, if that has anything to do with anything lol.

Edited by thriftx (03/12/07 11:31 AM)

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK
    #6661184 - 03/12/07 12:14 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

yes!  sounds like a good dose!  definitely enough to feel more then placebo, but shouldn't be overtly intense at all.  and that's good that they are dry because 3.5 grams wet would do NOTHING.  3.5 grams wet would be aproximately only .4 grams if it were dry, i believe.  and .2 grams of shrooms wouldn't effect anyone.

have fun.  :smile:

and don't forget to SMILE!  :laugh:

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #6661196 - 03/12/07 12:21 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

thriftx said:
EDIT: I forgot to add there dry to, if that has anything to do with anything lol.

It has alot to do with anything. :smile:

Dry dose is ABOUT 1/10th of fresh dose... ot that's the general rule of thumb. But if you want fresh (which is arguably "better") keep reading around here.

Good luck man, and enjoy the super giggles! Half an eigth should be nice and level. Just remember to be aware, know that you are only temporarily tripping and keep your mind positive.

Read up on SET and SETTING!

Offlinekron_weed
Hobby Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vancouver
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6668069 - 03/14/07 09:28 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

just doesed yesterday on some fresh shroomies and it was a little more relaxing than dry... the come up was nice and slow... better than last time when i went from sober to peak in what felt like half an hour

and i made it from tea...so i thought it would hit me right away...strange

--------------------
"god is a plant, known as the earth"
- One smart mutherfucker

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: kron_weed]
    #6668114 - 03/14/07 09:44 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

i "tested the waters" wiht 1/2 of an eight and i was dissapointed i would suggest just taking the whole 3.5 in a place that is safe and calm for you like your house.

--------------------

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: kron_weed]
    #6668118 - 03/14/07 09:46 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

kron_weed said:
well for starters, the caps and stems have the exact same amout of psilocybin and psilocin:thumbup:

For starters don't tell starters something your are not sure about.

Caps contain 30% more active content.

shroomery.org FAQ

Eating all caps and eating all stems can have quite a significant difference.

Edited by Infested (03/14/07 09:52 AM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: kintos]
    #6668128 - 03/14/07 09:49 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

I do think that there may be a small variance between cap and stems - but its not enough to get bent out of shape about (read something about this a month or two ago, but I forget where). But, the difference is very small - and will not really affect your trip.

I think the main reason why people say 'caps are better', is - look at 2g worth of a cap, then look at 2g worth of a stem - the caps tend to be more 'dense', so it looks like a smaller amount than 2g of the cap, as the stem tends to have allot of 'fluff' inside that bulks up the size of it.

But, since dose is based on the weight - not the size, its pretty much the same in the end.

note: there can be some variance in density of a stem depending on how it grew/dried out, I've had a few stems that were dense as all hell and felt like a rock :P, the above is just a 'generally speaking'

OfflineHeadFood
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#7828637 - 01/03/08 06:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I've tripped 4 times and 3 out of the 4 times was a full eighth and my last time was only 1/2 of an 1/8. My first and last times were my best trips and those times I had started smoking right after eating the shrooms. Have fun and make sure you're in a good sense of mind.

--------------------
Phi Alpha

Offlinebuffalojustin
Stranger
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: HeadFood]
    #7828764 - 01/03/08 06:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to jack this thread, but I'm also a complete noob to the shrooms. I'm trying it for the first time soon, and I'm a bit worried about the whole nausea/ stomach ache issue. I tend to get nausea quite a bit anyways, for all sorts of random reasons, and just have a very sensitive stomach. I realize that the stomach aches are just part of the deal, but is there anything someone could recommend to quell the pains?

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: buffalojustin]
    #7828829 - 01/03/08 06:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

buffalojustin, try eating the shrooms on an empty stomach and a bit of citrus juice usually helps ease the nausea. Vitamin C is good for your trip too!

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: First time trying shrooms need to know... [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #7828873 - 01/03/08 06:55 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

USE the fucking search engine, welcome to the shroomery... And i would say split it in half and dose that

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract