Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehighoman
Stranger

cloning w/o agar
    #782403 - 07/28/02 02:53 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i plan on taking one of my better shrooms and using a piece of stem close to the cap. then putting alchol in my clean food processer, slosh it all around, pour out, close up and let dry. then take a mixture of peroxide and water pour in with a chunk of the stem, blend and suck up in a syringe. now the questions
1. will it work?
2. how big of piece of stem if its say 3/4 in wide
3. do i just use the inside of the stem?
4. what ratio of water to 3% peroxide
5. how much water-h202 mixture do i use 20cc? 40cc?
id appriciate any advice and help. i just what to try and clone some of these and havent gonnen into petri dish stuff yet. thanks

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: cloning w/o agar [Re: highoman]
    #782496 - 07/28/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

To clone it, you need to slice open the stem and its the soft white tissue inside the stem near the cap that works best. Accoding to The Mushroom Cultivator. Sorry I cant help anymore, Im unfamiliar with that teqnique, but in using agar you use the soft flesh inside the stem, I'm assumeing you would use the same stuff for your tek. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
    #782553 - 07/28/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a little confused by what you wrote. Are you planning on literally mushing up some mushroom flesh, sucking it up in a syringe and then trying to spawn with that? If so, I personally think that's not going to work very well....

What I recently to clone crimini was take a slice of main fruit body and place it in sugar water in a culture tube. It currently appears to be growing mycelium and I should shortly be able to use that to start working-up spawn.

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: cloning w/o agar [Re: psyconaut]
    #782560 - 07/28/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

psyconaut, he is understanding correctly. I know of the method he is suggesting. It does work.

But, I think you are better off cutting out a sample of the tissue and directly placing it on agar. Much more simple, eh?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: cloning w/o agar [Re: pleezr]
    #782571 - 07/28/02 04:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Don't you have something to go blow up, Moe?

I stand corrected. But surely it's a little more hit-or-miss than growing some mycelium in sterile conditions and then using that to innoculate?

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: cloning w/o agar [Re: psyconaut]
    #782575 - 07/28/02 04:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes the blender tek works. I have 2 half pint jars going from a clone I got from hunting. All you do is mix h2o2 and water with the stem, blend for like 10 secs but in spurts like on then off, on then off. After that just suck it up in a syringe, its kind of hard with all the tissue but you can get it. Just make sure you see some tissue floating around in the syringe and innaculate. Took like 4 or 5 days before I seen any growth.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #782680 - 07/28/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What dude does is:

first make some honey water. Have one masking tape covered hole in the lid.

then put a sterile syringe with some sterile water in it, your honeywater, and your desired shroom inside your 20 gal fishtank (cleaned, on its side and covered with plastic wrap).

then, put your clean hands into the semi-sterile glove box and tear the stem, exposing clean tissue. take your sterile syringe, and poke the tissue lengthwise with it, getting some tissue inside the syringe (this is calles coring). A tiny bit is fine. Then shoot the tissue fragment and a little water that is in the syringe into the HW jar. Within a few days, you should notice new growth coming off of the fragment. You now have a culture/clone.

This is a shortened version, outlining most of the steps, but as long as you understand sterile technique, you will know where to ad-lib.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #782752 - 07/28/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure if I pulled this outta my ass but it does work.....if it is someone else's tek I am VERY sorry.....

I PC some syringes...a razor blade....a 1/4 pint jar filled with water and some rust proof screws and bolts...with one hole poked in the lid.

In a glove box I scrape some tissue out of the inside of the desired shroom and place in a bath of 1/10 3%h2o2/Dh2o.

I take the jar out of the PC and quickly put in the glove box & let cool.

Take the piece of stem and put in the jar filled with water....tighten lid...take out and shake the shit outta it for a long time...this will bust the isolate piece into tiny little chunks with the screws and bolts.

Suck up the mycellium water into the PC'ed syringes using a sterile tek and innoculate choice of substrate.

This works well and is pretty easy.....I'm sure you have all the needed materials already

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
Re: cloning w/o agar [Re: Olgualion]
    #783049 - 07/28/02 10:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

dude! this sounds amazing! my friend is going to try this a.s.a.p. i can't imagine any way that could be easier!

thanks for the tip! take care...
-bizarro

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures