Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: What's your opinion on tip jars? [Re: Baeosistine]
    #7820905 - 01/01/08 05:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Baeosistine said:
I hate to visit the USA because of the tipping thing. It is never expected to tip in the UK unless you go to a posh restaurant or something. It makes people say all that 'have a nice day' shit when they don't really mean it.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Tipping as a social norm has made waiters and waitresses into robots. It truly has. They all seem so fake to me. Sure, they are nice, but it's obvious that they just want a good tip.

I want to go somewhere where a tip is not expected, and see what the waiters/waitresses are like there. The differences would be huge.

And as for the tip jar at the counter of places, I will leave a tip for them if they talk to me, but don't go out of their way to do it.

I tip them if I like them I suppose. That's how it is supposed to be done anyway, I guess.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblecApTaInCrAp
Delightfullyexcellent
 User Gallery

Re: What's your opinion on tip jars? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7821213 - 01/01/08 07:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I dont get tips at my place of business and its alot harder then making burritos or something. *shrugs* If i feel frisky and/or i think they "deserve" it i'll tip(not to often tho)

--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."

OfflineKuntJoose
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 49th parrellel
Re: What's your opinion on tip jars? [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #7822103 - 01/01/08 11:37 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

the thing i dont like about some tip jars are when u get then confused with the "penny cup" and then the person always gives you this stupid look.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: What's your opinion on tip jars? [Re: KuntJoose]
    #7823887 - 01/02/08 01:59 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i fucking hate tip jars. shit in this country is too fucking expensive anyway. the only people who deserve a tip in my opinion are bartenders servers, food delivery and maybe detailers. they dont get paid much, their paychecks mainly rely on tips.

all of those other mother fuckers can get bent. my opinion is if you want a tip, you had better go above and beyond your normal quality, enough for me to notice, otherwise youre just doing what you get paid to do. even if you make minimum wage. we all started at the bottom, deal with it.

me and my partner usually stop at this gas station on the way out of our shop, theres a subway in the gas station. they put a tip jar out like a year ago or something, and there are these two black chicks who ALWAYS used to "remind" us that we didnt leave a tip, and for a while i used the excuse that i dont carry cash on me, but then i finally got fed up with them telling me i didnt leave a tip, so i told them "you make a half ass subway sub every time i come here, it takes you less than 5 minutes, what kind of fucking tip do you expect? when i get a quiznos quality sub in 1 minute flat, then youll get a fucking tip, until then slightly above minumum wage will have to do."

everyone wants a fucking tip anymore, even if they suck at what they do. :crankey:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom