Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineGhostWalker
Stranger
Re: Has anyone felt overwhelming happiness? [Re: psilo25]
    #841905 - 08/25/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Coming out of a very difficult, very large dose of 'shroomies, experiancing the joy of just being yourself again, coupled with the lessons learned, now THAT is happiness!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: Has anyone felt overwhelming happiness? [Re: GhostWalker]
    #842153 - 08/25/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is in response to Swami in the "Drug Induce Mental Disorders" thread. You said that the paranoia is a result of negative side-effects of the drug itself. I'm going to assume that you're referring to marijuana specifically, correct me if I'm wrong in doing so. In my experience, marijuana has been capable of producing equal degrees of paranoia and euphoria (not at the same time of course). If marijuana-induced paranoia was a direct result of its negative side-effects, wouldn't it follow that marijuana would consistenly produce paranoia? As with psychelics, set and setting are very important for marijuana. I just happen to be more sensitive to this need with marijuana than I am for psychedelics. Marijuana can give me feelings of extreme happiness, as well as those of extreme paranoia. Based on this, I believe the euphoria and paranoia are emotional responses to the drugs effects. As with any drug, marijuana can severely distort your thought processes, and for me this distortion often leads to paranoia. Psychedelic distortion though, generally is euphoric for me.Hopefully this clears things up a bit, if not I aplogize for my incessant rambling...

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Has anyone felt overwhelming happiness? [Re: psilo25]
    #842174 - 08/25/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I was talking about MJ. I have witnessed paranoia in near-perfect settings where everyone seemed to be in a great mood and have seen it too frequently to think it is just amplified thoughts spinning out of control.

If marijuana-induced paranoia was a direct result of its negative side-effects, wouldn't it follow that marijuana would consistenly produce paranoia?

Not necessarily. For some it does consistently and they discontinue use rather quickly. For some it doesn't happen for years, then a full-blown panic attack will occur; and for many like yourself, it happens on occassion. This is even true of many prescription drugs - some side effects occur some of the time in some percentage of people.

As to why, well we are complex chemical factories and there are a thousand possible variables to be considered (mood being one of them).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom