Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineglassarms
Stranger
Male

a few questions from the blue mountains noob
    #7820843 - 01/01/08 05:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, ive been reading fairly heavily up on shrooms and put together a project looking folder to help me when the next season comes along (my first hunt). i live in the blue mountains so i have some sort of idea where to look.
I have 2 questions tho that have me startled.

When people go trekking in the blue mountains do you guys go deep into the mountains on walking tracks or are they not very far from the road?

Also my understanding of a spore print is for identification. Do i need to do this with every mushroom i find? do you guys check every mushroom?

Ive also seen people asking for spore prints from other people and offering them rewards in return. Why do people want other peoples prints for?

cheers in advance,kingy
p.s do you guys hang out for the season to start lol

--------------------
Live life to the fullest,never do anything in halves

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: a few questions from the blue mountains noob [Re: glassarms]
    #7820949 - 01/01/08 06:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Apparently you havent been reading that much...

You can GROW mushrooms (Psychoactive or edible) and to grow them you need spore prints.

Some mushrooms print different colors, so that is why you need to take them.

Some mushrooms are easily identified without a print, but sometimes it is required to distinguish one mushroom from another.

Go into the mountains after it has rained a bit and you should find mushrooms.

Take pictures for better help identifying them, write down their info perfectly, and take a spore print for best results in getting an ID.

Welcome to shroomery

Offlinethirdwire
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7821426 - 01/01/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Glassarms,
is that Blue Mountains in Australia? I live in Sydney and will be returning next week (been travelling for some months) and have just recently been learning about mushroom hunting. If you are talking about Aus, where did you find info on what to look for in the Bluies?

Offlineglassarms
Stranger
Male

Re: a few questions from the blue mountains noob [Re: thirdwire]
    #7821616 - 01/01/08 08:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea mate blue mountains in aus, a fair few sites along with different forums that the search engine brought up had some good info. Im going to read up on some summer mushys and do some summer hunting to get this ID thing sorted before the real season comes.Should make id,ing them easier when the actives are out

As with the spore prints, thats what i was wondering. So you take a spore print for identification,and/or, someone can then use the print to grow there own?
cheers,time for a beer

Edited by glassarms (01/01/08 10:30 PM)

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
    #7822588 - 01/02/08 04:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That's a good approach. Just do all the research you can. Find out exactly what species your looking for then target its common habitats when the weather is right.

If you find a patch realise probably a few people visit it and if everyone leaves the pins and doesn't rip up the patch then there'll be enough for everyone.

In summer you obviously won't find anything active but you'll get skilled at IDing that way, its a good idea.

This forum's search engine is your best resource.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Offlinekingy
Walkabout
Male

Loc: Newcastle, N.S.W
Re: a few questions from the blue mountains noob [Re: undergrounder]
    #7825831 - 01/02/08 11:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i live in the mountains here and im an avid bushwalker LOL. Ive seen many mushrooms around in the past. Now im on my way to identifying them its going to be an awesome winter. Im dreaming about mushrooms allready and its only january. The season starts in late april if lucky

Edited by kingy (02/26/08 02:45 AM)

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: a few questions from the blue mountains noob [Re: kingy]
    #7826444 - 01/03/08 04:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kingy said:
im a tree lopper in the mountains here and most trees i cut down are radiata pines, and im an avid bushwalker LOL.  Ive seen many mushrooms around in the past. Now im on my way to identifying them its going to be an awesome winter. Im dreaming about mushrooms allready and its only january. The season starts in late may early april. Straight after i get married LOL

Pine stands are great for Amanita muscaria in the mountains but not for anything active. Have you been out to the logging forests out West? :goodluck:

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Offlinekingy
Walkabout
Male

Loc: Newcastle, N.S.W
Re: a few questions from the blue mountains noob [Re: undergrounder]
    #7828322 - 01/03/08 04:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea ive been out a few times,not for hunting tho' I usually work from penrith up to blackeath these days. Usually at a different spot everyday between these to areas.:grin:

I also thought that its possible to find Psilocybe australiana and subs amongst pine chip. Alltho thats not the area  im interested in looking in, if i do come across a place where i think its possible ill be straight in there.

cheers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies