Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Making My first Prints
    #781466 - 07/28/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The FAQ's here have a very simple method "How can I make a sporeprint?" which seems real easy. However some of the links to other methods are a bit more complex. Can I please get some input on the method in the FAQ's, does it work or should I use one of the more complex methods to keep out contams?

Thanks

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Making My first Prints [Re: Ripple]
    #781536 - 07/28/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

All of those methods work if you do them properly - keeping out contams is really a function of how careful, quick, and attentive to sterilie technique you are.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making My first Prints [Re: FanaTEK]
    #781547 - 07/28/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

But it seems like keeping out contams is not really a main concern in the FAQ tek it just has you put the cap on a piece of paper under a glass for 12 hrs. the other teks are much more attentive to keeping out contams.

--------------------

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

#781583 - 07/28/02 07:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Usually what I tell people in this instance is to pick a tek that they think they can do without having to modify or fudge any of it (ie. uses materials available to you, you understand all the directions, etc.).

As for sterile technique, that's something you really have to pay attention to in spite of whatever the teks might include. Many of these techniques ASSUME that you are doing things like spraying with lysol, washing hands, sterilizing equipment and work area with alcohol or some sort of disinfectant, closing off sources of draft and air current (like doors, windows, fans, and HVAC vents) or working inside a glove box or in front of a flow hood.

Your sterile technique is really dependant on your need for it and your ability to adhere to it. Some older houses are 'infected' with different kinds of molds or bacteria, so a greater degree of sterility is necessary for success in some cases and not others.

You truly can't be clean enough though, no matter what the tek says. For printing and syringe making, it's probably worth the trouble to construct a glove box.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #781592 - 07/28/02 07:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, Thanks, do you feel that it is more important to maintain these clean teks at the print making stage than during innoculation. Or are both just as important.
I may have just answered my own question!

--------------------

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

#781676 - 07/28/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>I may have just answered my own question!<<

Yep, you sure did. I will say, though, that sterility is MOST vital during inoculation, spore printing, and syringe making. Colonized substrate is faily contam-resistant, though the cleaner and faster you work the better for all stages of mushroom development.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinebloo_sunshine
journeyman
    #781784 - 07/28/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

^agrees^

Work in a small area and give it a few sprays of lysol here and there. Wipe it down with some alcohol.

Good Luck

--------------------
I do not regret the things ive done, but those i did not do

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: bloo_sunshine]
    #782056 - 07/28/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate