Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: why]
    #779609 - 07/27/02 05:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lol. I apologize for asking you for a rational exposition of the central tenet of your own religion.

you don't want to hear any "rational exposition" about any central tenet of any religion. besides, my religion states very clearly to avoid people who try to seem wise by useing big words and fancy speech. simplicity is beauty my friend. have nothing to do with sensless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. and the lords servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to everyone, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness. god may grant that they will repent and come to know the truth. big words are nice, but they impress no one. and i may be assuming to much, but i never seem to find the kind, understand people who are willing to listen useing big words. just arguementative people. if any one thinks he is religious, and does not bridal his tongue but deceives his heart, this man;s religion is vain. religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the word.
when there are no people left who really want to know. thirst to know. when there are no poor left to help, hungry left to feed, and sick left to heal, THEN i'll have time to argue.
and this will really irk people who believe not in the bible...but hey, i guess if it's MY religion, then i have this right eh?
anyway, it's no surpirse that more people believe differently now than ever before in time. it has been prophesied and expected by christians for 1700 years ever since the new testament was compiled . " for the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachings to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths." and there's more of those. and more telling me to avoid arguementative people...but i won't quote them. peace my braa. i must start my day now.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #781352 - 07/28/02 02:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

chill out dude, you take everything so seriously! you just need to settle down some with a big bag of weed

Most of what I said under the username of mandlebrot I consider to be both true and false.

the question I asked can't be answered (without heresy). You know that.

Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: mandlebrot]
    #781361 - 07/28/02 02:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's amusing that I somehow got a 3 mushroom rating for writing a post attacking Christianity.

If Evolving had anything to do with it then

by the way, read what Hobbies he gives in his profile.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #781458 - 07/28/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Most of what I said under the username of mandlebrot I consider to be both true and false."

Are you sock puppeting ?
Just to know...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #781669 - 07/28/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i'm seriously sorry. seriously dude i'm not as serious as you think. just quoting some serious scripture and having some serious fun in these semi serious debates. lol, it seriously must be my sense of humor. i'm seriously a big smart ass. seriously, i'll try to put more smileys in there next time so there is no doubt of the level of my seriousness.
i think i found a new favorite word...you can use it in every sentence braa!
God bless and peace man.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: MAIA]
    #783141 - 07/29/02 01:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Are you sock puppeting ?

I posted under a different username as an example of a previous mindset that I used to have.

Edited by why (07/29/02 02:15 AM)

Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #783144 - 07/29/02 01:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

just quoting some serious scripture

I think it is best to avoid people who try to seem wise by showing off their knowledge of scripture. don't you know the devil himself can quote it for his own ends.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds