Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexythos
Stranger
Death of the soul in the US
    #777858 - 07/26/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

More and more kids in the US are being medicated for 'antisocial behavior.' Some schools actually require behavior problem kids to go on Ritallin or some other drug. How far are we away from the Big Brother using all the data they are collecting on us to build a psych profile. If you are anti-social, well then you need meds. With the new internal medical dispencers they are working on (to do away with needles, I hear) they can just leave something in you that keeps you medicated 24/7. Talk about not having a soul anymore... Yes, this is extremely paranoid, but 10 years ago I would have called someone paranoid who talked about something like the patriot or tips laws getting passed...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: xythos]
    #777998 - 07/26/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's fucked. We are individuals by nature. That is what life is about..self expression. Why do they want to make us all the same? What makes them think they have a right to make us all the same?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #778000 - 07/26/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you teach 'em to snort it (at a young age), I can guarantee that the gov. will make it illegal.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: Sclorch]
    #778047 - 07/26/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #778547 - 07/26/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I guess one positive aspect of not having centralized (government) healthcare is that there is not much of a way for the government to know what medications your doctor has prescribed for you- I don?t see how Big Brother is collecting data on us concerning meds.

I guess it is possible though, especially as technology advances. And the medicating for things like ADHD or anti-social behavior aren?t bad per se, it?s just too bad when that is the only form of treatment suggested- when physicians think that the kid lives in a vacuum and does not address the countless other reinforcing factors in the kid's situation.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Anonymous

Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: Revelation]
    #778561 - 07/26/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's fucked. We are individuals by nature. That is what life is about..self expression. Why do they want to make us all the same? What makes them think they have a right to make us all the same?

It's more about keeping the kids docile (make 'em all the same in that respect). The current educational system is rooted in the industrial age and was designed to mass produce good little workers and compliant citizens. It is unnatural for children to sit in a class for 6 hours and listen to a teacher, any kid with normal energy or a curious intellect is bound to become bored. So instead of overhauling the education system they resort to drugs, at the same time throwing kids in DARE programs - what hypocrisy!

Edited by Evolving (07/26/02 02:48 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: ]
    #778641 - 07/26/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It is unnatural for children to sit in a class for 6 hours and listen to a teacher, any kid with normal energy or a curios intellect is bound to become bored.

This was a MAJOR problem for me. I was always getting poor "conduct" grades.
To all my teachers K-12: Sorry for asking so many questions and throwing your little "lesson plan" off track. No, really. I'm glad you punished me for being curious and exercising my brain. Who needs imagination and creativity? I mean, c'mon, we had art class for THIRTY MINUTES every week... that should satisfy our creative impulses.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #778664 - 07/26/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What all governments struggle with is: how to balance the brain-washing, yet still motivating people towards higher education and creative thinking.

Had a teacher in 4th grade explaining that fish breathe because water is made out of hydrogen and oxygen. I then re-explained to her that fish do not perform hydrolysis, but instead breathe air dissolved in water.

Naturally, her response was to get angry at me.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#778677 - 07/26/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Something tells me we are in for a very bad time.

Anonymous

#778750 - 07/26/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just take your meds and mind professor Swami.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #778761 - 07/26/02 04:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree. If you look back 30...20...even ten years ago there were almost no kids with ADHD/ADD/hyperactivity problems. True there wasn't the tools of diagnosis back then but you can't tell me that all of a sudden kids across the globe are all fucked up. One of the problems is that kids don't expend the necessary energy like they used to. In the age of nintendo, internet, television...etc. By the time kids get to school they are ready to burst at the seams. It's called "being a kid" all kids are hyper with tons of energy. This is also why obesity is such a problem with the youth today. Instead of medicating our children we need to enroll them in little league or soccer or something athletic to burn some energy.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: chemkid]
    #778798 - 07/26/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why not do what myfather did with me and my brother; go out and play ball with your kids, wrestle with them (no noogies though). Parents, I feel for them, when it became neccesary to have two wages to make ends meet did anyone consider what the hell the kids would do? I bet nintendo did.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death of the soul in the US [Re: mr freedom]
    #779070 - 07/26/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah sure... we can all blame a consumer product for ruining kids' lives. I mean, it TOTALLY fucked me up. I can't even function in this world because I played Super Mario Bros (never beat it without cheating though).

--==ATTENTION==--
Parents,
It's not the game systems. It's not TV. It's not movies. It's not other kids. It's not drugs. It's not al-Qaida. It's not nudie magazines. It's not weird art. It's not rock and roll or any other music for that matter. It's not foreigners. It's not minorities. It's.....

YOUR FAULT YOUR KIDS ARE FUCKED UP!!!!!
(except in a few rare cases when it's a chemical imbalance)

Of course, few parents will ever recognize and accept this truth.

--------------------

Anonymous

#779101 - 07/26/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's.....

YOUR FAULT YOUR KIDS ARE FUCKED UP!!!!!

Wow Sclorch, you're pretty opinionated, it's a good thing you're right. Well, mostly right - sometimes an individual will follow influences other than their parents, free will and all that rot (oh women, especially women, they can intoxicate men like a drug).

Edited by Evolving (07/26/02 07:06 PM)

Anonymous

#779211 - 07/26/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

the revolution will come from ignoring others out of existence. -W.S. Burroughs

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #779248 - 07/26/02 08:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

television, the drug of the nation, breeding ignorance, and feeding radiation. ---the disposible stars of hip hop.

so we're in for a bad time? eh...people like us, we're more prevailent than you think. it either won't happen, or civilization will come crashing down first. i think the latter will happen because we get to haughty and to proud, but people will always long for freedom, with every move they make. governments can't totally control anyone. ever. most people would rather die. like me. give me liberty or give me death. i would always die for what i believe in if the need arose.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Anonymous

#779822 - 07/27/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hahahaha... right on sclorch!!!!!!!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #779974 - 07/27/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, mostly right - sometimes an individual will follow influences other than their parents, free will and all that rot (oh women, especially women, they can intoxicate men like a drug).

Yeah... there are a lot of cases where other stuff comes into play... but if I included all those things in my post, it wouldn't be as... uh... sonorous.

--------------------

Anonymous

#780208 - 07/27/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just take your meds and mind professor Swami.

LOL! Yes, yaaaaay thou I walk the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for Swami and my magic pills art with me!

Thank God for Prozac. j/k

Sclorch, I am not sure but maybe you have hit upon something! Yet at some point we need to take responsibility for our actions. Mommy and Daddy cannot be blamed for everything. We are more than victims.

Cheers,

OfflineAnthropologia
Stranger
    #780336 - 07/27/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

diminished images of the good, the true, and the normal,,,,,
?Do you know what's going on?

Edited by Anthropologia (07/27/02 01:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale