Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvreet
Stranger
question about cobweb
    #780161 - 07/27/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Two days after plating some fairly old spores I got a lawn growth over the entirety of each plate - some sort of raised agar-looking contamination. This is my first time growing mushrooms, so I decided to keep the plates to see if they developed anything that looked like mycelium (also I don't have anymore spores). So after 4 days I have a tiny amount of white fuzz growing at the edges of two dishes where the agar-looking contamination hasn't gotten to yet. My question is, how do I know if this is cobweb, some other white contamination, or the real thing growing along the edge? I'd like to plate the white fuzz on new dishes and then innoculate grain jars with it. But at what point in the process would I know if I'm just propagating contamination? I don't have to wait until the fruiting phase to see if it fruits or not do I? That would be a lot of waste I think. I also have a not-so-great picture of this, but it says I have filled my upload quota for the day. So I can send to anyone who is interested to see. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEvreet
Stranger
Re: question about cobweb [Re: Evreet]
    #781753 - 07/28/02 09:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It let me upload the picture today:
[image][/image]

OfflineRemiMartin
Loc: UK
    #787655 - 07/31/02 05:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You've seen mycelium before right? Well if its cobweb you'll know its not mycelium. It is grey and very fuzzy.

Offlinekodyshowers
Sir
Male

Loc: The Hub
    #25165142 - 04/25/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Not the best picture but yeah you need to throw that out and start over.

--------------------
It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: question about cobweb [Re: kodyshowers]
    #25165179 - 04/25/18 06:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kodyshowers said:
Not the best picture but yeah you need to throw that out and start over.

yep.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale